milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

yeah such an obvious push by garnett

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Poor play by KG. Not a call that's normally made in that situation and I'm sure I would be a little cross if I was a Celtic fan. But the replay don't lie. It was an ugly attempt at a screen.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

refs ruined the game as usual...let the players determine the outcome....u don't call that bullshhiit with 10 seconds left. CYO

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

its a horrible call but fuk kevin garnett...karma's a mother fukker...guy's a total bitch
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave InTheDrink 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    refs ruined the game as usual...let the players determine the outcome....u don't call that bullshhiit with 10 seconds left. CYO
    so you should be allowed to foul at will because there's only 10 seconds left?

maybe they can bring out a baseball bat and legally whack anyone driving the lane with it because there's only 10 seconds left

the refs didn't give up a 14-0 run to the sixers on their home court.
    Points Awarded:

Pauulzcappin gave milwaukee mike 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pauulzcappin, and Nick Papageorgio

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    its a horrible call but fuk kevin garnett...karma's a mother fukker...guy's a total bitch
    exactly

that certainly wasn't a foul on his alley-oop dunk near the end of the game and they gave him a gift, he was swinging on the rim for about a minute with no technical called, and then he yelled the f word about 10 times after that play with no technical.

so 3-straight bad kg related calls/no-calls, and then 1 decent call on an obvious push RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF and boston fans complain

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Horrific call and not just cuz I had Boston moneyline, you're gonna make a bullshit call like that decide the game 2 of round 2 of the playoffs gimme a fukin break, hopefully ref gets hit by a car

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

started a thread but this was a typical ref-job for the NBA, that was a definite foul but there were so many phantom whistles he probably thought they wouldnt call something that obvious. Game was decided during the half and the decision was for it to be tied up to make it interesting.

Boston still wins and probably takes 2 of 3 in Philly and then closes it out in Bos in game 6. the 2-3-2 format is a dumb one so they have to give these road teams a win because it is nearly impossible to win all 3 at home. It is almost easier winning 2 on the road, and most teams that do win without home court in that 2-3-2 format do in fact win at least 2 on the road. 2-2-1-1-1 is so much 'fairer' and more balanced that they should keep it, they spread the play offs out over 5 months anyway so their stupid excuses for travel time are just dumb.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Horrific call and not just cuz I had Boston moneyline, you're gonna make a bullshit call like that decide the game 2 of round 2 of the playoffs gimme a fukin break, hopefully ref gets hit by a car
    really? so if you had sixers moneyline you would hope the ref gets hit by a car?

on no planet was that a bad call, and the celtics were down to a prayer anyway

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

no dikhead..he sets illegal screens all game...everyone knows that. his feet were set, he just leaned into him...nothing crazy dirty and not enough to make a call with 10 secs left....let the players decide the games. kinda like the nfl, there's a foul on every play and possesion...bullshiit call

milwaukee mike

no dikhead..he sets illegal screens all game...everyone knows that. his feet were set, he just leaned into him...nothing crazy dirty and not enough to make a call with 10 secs left....let the players decide the games. kinda like the nfl, there's a foul on every play and possesion...bullshiit call
    you calling me a dikhead isn't winning you any arguments or getting you any respect

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

mike, bad call everone knows it........as for respect, i dont need it

not trying to win arguments...just stating the obvious

mike, have a great night

milwaukee mike

fair enough eddie
    I think the call was either bad or good depending on which side you were on

I took offense to the name calling though, unnecessary

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

maybe they can bring out a baseball bat and legally whack anyone driving the lane with it because there's only 10 seconds left

I think the point that was trying to be made was that you don't call a foul on something that simple with little time left on the clock. Certainly if the guy was hacked it should be called. But ticky-tack fouls should not be called in that spot.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

really? so if you had sixers moneyline you would hope the ref gets hit by a car?

on no planet was that a bad call, and the celtics were down to a prayer anyway
    I mean seriously have you ever watched sports give me a fukin break, the last play of the game you let the fukin players decide the outcome unless its just so obvious theres no way around calling it. If you just bulldoze somebody on the way to layin it in okay or you clearly foul a shooter okay but not that bullshit. If I'd had Sixers moneyline I woulda sent that ref a basket of fruit but not bc it was a good call I woulda just appreciated that bullshit

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I mean seriously have you ever watched sports give me a fukin break, the last play of the game you let the fukin players decide the outcome unless its just so obvious theres no way around calling it. If you just bulldoze somebody on the way to layin it in okay or you clearly foul a shooter okay but not that bullshit. If I'd had Sixers moneyline I woulda sent that ref a basket of fruit but not bc it was a good call I woulda just appreciated that bullshit
    agreed
    but that ref was about a foot away from the play and was probably tired of listening to kg jabbering the whole game

kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't as a ref in that situation

they've been criticized for not calling fouls at the end of games, to me if it's a foul it's a foul. Otherwise it's a slippery slope of when you stop calling them

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

This might be one of the best posts in the history of SBR

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do agree if u dont call it all game u shudnt call it at the end
    but that wasnt even a good screen, he threw an elbow at iggy and leaned into him to hold him back

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

I don't like fouls to determine the game...but in that case, the play could of decided the game either way. You either have Garnett practically blocking like an olineman giving Pierce an extremely wide open 3 which I can almost guarantee he hits or you call the obvious moving screen which turns the ball over giving the sixers the ball.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

peirce missed the three anyway... who cares?

seriously though, you really think peirce is ever gonna legally get that wide open with iggy blanketing him??

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Refs called a bull shit foul call on the Bulls to end the series with the 76ers. Nothing surprises me with those pussies.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Refs called a bull shit foul call on the Bulls to end the series with the 76ers. Nothing surprises me with those pussies.
    again though... the foul ended up not mattering.. sixers had the easy tip in. If anything, the foul call helped chicago by giving them hope that iggy would miss a ft

watch thad young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpje2YSK3ZY

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    again though... the foul ended up not mattering.. sixers had the easy tip in. If anything, the foul call helped chicago by giving them hope that iggy would miss a ft

watch thad young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpje2YSK3ZY
    Outcome of game is irrelevant. The call is what bothers me. Not saying no foul calls should be called late b/c then hits would get ridiculous, but I don't think it should have been called there. Very limited contact and it was arguable the Ig initiated it.