wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

Lakers +7 1/2

I'm taking the lakers tonight just due to they are coming off an emotional win off of Denver and they should still have that momentum when going to OKC tonight. MWP does in fact bring a lot to this team, not just defensively but sort of brought some heart that they aren't out of this yet. They do have a tough match up against them this series and I admit it will be hard to cover durant, westbrook, and harden. One thing that is dangerous about the lakers is if gasol and bynum both have big games as in game 7, that leaves blake (who was hot in game 7 with 3's) and there other outside shooters to make some jumpers; they can keep it close. OKC on the otherhand hasn't played in awhile and they might have too much rest (look how the packers did against the giants when they didn't play for a few weeks, especially rodgers).

I'm taking the LA team who knows that this might be their last season to get another ring, but I think they keep it close with OKC and the thunder win by 2-4 pts.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Good luck.

I think LA will be in for a let down after a rough series with Denver.

I don't really feel like the lakers have momentum either. If anything, I feel like they're lucky they just survived.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

emotional victories usually spells letdown situation for following game, as BigD mentioned

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I think 7.5 pts is a lot in this matchup...Thunder being off for a week and a half will hurt them and when the Lakers played Thunder in Oklahoma City it was off a b2b...don't like the overnight line move from 6 to 7.5 though...

BigDofBA

How does being rested hurt OKC?

How does having to go the distance against Denver to survive help LA?

OKC can let Kobe get his. If we stop the other guys, I think we will be fine.

Let Kobe take 40 shots. I would rather him do that than feed Bynum and Gasol.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Emotional letdowns are for young teams. The Lakers veterans will know exactly how to handle this situation.

I think OKC probably wins but I'll take the +7.5 with the Lakers.

og4667

nothing is definite we are merely making educated guesses...I think OKC being off for a long period could lead to them starting the game off slowly...

BigDofBA

We will see OKC won 2 of the three meetings this year by double digits.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Can't trust what big d and sniper have to say because they're obviously in defense of OKC via their avatars. Lake show covers tonight.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Wakeboard love that Giants reference as a G-MEN enthusiast myself!!!!!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D. 416 View Post
    Can't trust what big d and sniper have to say because they're obviously in defense of OKC via their avatars. Lake show covers tonight.
    I am an OKC fan so maybe I am biased to an extent. With that said, I have picked against them numerous times this year and have also stated many times hat they won't make the finals.

As for this game, I never said they would for sure cover.

All I have really said regarding his series is that we will advance because we are the better team so taking LA +400 is a waste of money.

I don't think we're going to sweep LA or win in 5 games but I do think we win his series. We are the better team and have home court.

og4667

Rest or rust? The Thunder have had nine days off. The Lakers two. You can look at this two ways: The Thunder are rested and ready while the Lakers are tired and worn. Or the Thunder are rusty and tense while the Lakers are in rhythm and loose. That kind of stuff is nearly impossible to predict, but I remember the Thunder having a little time while waiting for the Grizzlies to start the second round last playoffs. And the Thunder came out a little tight in that game, missing good looks, turning it over and not playing with much confidence. It’s not the rust that worries me. It’s being a bit too anxious.

intoxicolog1st
    Update your status
    intoxicolog1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 871

Laker's game finished after 12am CST on Saturday night/Sunday morning and now they are traveling to OKC tonight less than 48 hours after an emotional win....I'll take the Thunder in this one. Biggest difference between OKC and Denver is Ibaka & Perkins are way better than Faried and McGee. Laker bigs will not dominate like they did Saturday.

BigDofBA

And we start two all-stars. One which is the leading scorer in The league and the other which is the most explosive PG in the game.

And we have the 6h man of the year. We are slightly more talented than Denver.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Lakers +7.5 and ML tonight

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Only shot the Lakers have in this series is if they can consistently knock down 3's on the perimeter and make OKC respect the 3 point line as well as open the inside up a bit for Gasol and Bynum who are gonna be smothered by Perkins and Ibaka. Perkins gets heated and is foul prone but even if he picks up a couple early and sits Ibaka is a best inside defensively and Lakers haven't proven their 3 pt shooters can consistently knock down 3's. Blake had a good game 7 and other than that he's hit or miss, Barnes' confidence is shatterred he wouldn't even shoot the ball wide open in game 6 and who the fukk knows with Ron Ron. I think it would be more surprising for the lakers to win this game straight up than for OKC to blow them out or win by a decent margin...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    Lakers +7.5 and ML tonight
    GL with that.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Ya'll are making too much of the "rest" angle. Those players are going to be running on adrenaline. They'll be tired after the game, not during it. It's not like a back to back in January. They got a day of rest and it's the playoffs.

If the Thunder win it's because they're the better team, period.

jmbbarata
    nhl
    jmbbarata's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers + 7,5

wakeboardr886

I just know that a sweep is not likely going to happen. I would predict that the thunder take the series in game 6, but it should be a good game to watch.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the 4th quarter will show how tired the lakers are

georgejung
    georgejung's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 687

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    GL with that.
    how big of a homer are you

og4667

at this point looking at the lakers I have some red flags...pinny has been giving them at out +102 all day...not a good sign. Also the line was hit up early from 6 to 7.5 and now 8 with split action on this game...to me that indicates sharp money on the thunder...

wakeboardr886

well this sucks to be a laker fan, this is just embarrasing

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We will see OKC won 2 of the three meetings this year by double digits.
    Make that 3 out of 4!