suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand the Sixers love. The Celtics rotation is better at every position and the Sixers' two regular season wins over Boston were both when they were rested and Boston was on a B2B. The only factors Philly have going for them are a bit more firepower/energy off the bench, and the tentative injury status of Allen/Pierce. If they can continue to play through their injuries, Philly is going to have a hard time stopping them.

Additionally, Hawes big games were so critical in the Chicago series, however being matched up against Kevin Garnett is a very bad position for him to be in. Without that effective presence inside, let's see how good the Sixers look tomorrow...

It's way too easy to look at the BOS-ATL series and present the idea that the Celtics barely won, while discrediting the Hawks as a worthy opponent, thereby undercutting the Celtics competitiveness. I don't think it's an accurate assessment of the last series, nor is it a useful comparison to make when talking about the current series...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

[QUOTE=lakerboy;14725576]The bulls were the class of the league that's why philly struggled with them. [QUOTE]

Sixers struggled against the Bulls without Rose AND Noah..
    Celtics will have to slow the Sixers down and make a high
    shooting %.. Ray Allen may not play and Pierce is about 75%
    KG is at 110% and so is Rondo.. C's will need the bench to step up
    and Bass also.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-12-12 at 08:11 AM.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Watch the game and see. Then you will get your answer. Nothing anyone says to you will matter.

Go ahead and pound celtics -200 for the series while you are at it. The bulls were the class of the league that's why philly struggled with them.

Bos almost blew game 6 to atl.

The sixers are way more athletic than atlanta and they will out rebound boston. The celtics are old and slow.

Tapfag go fukk yourself.
    bol lb

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

"rollin" with you in game 1 LB

gotta remember the sixers played lights out the first part of the "abbreviated" season, they are a very athletic team , erratic at times as well, public perception on Boston, Sixers have value here, (Collins smart player, smart coach) you are going to see a lot of 4,5, 6 type lines going forward, two or three possession type games
    Last edited by JR007; 05-12-12 at 10:48 AM.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Sixers come into boston and steal game 1. The sixers are a matchup nightmare for the celtics.

Sixers +5 -109 (8x)
    Sixers ML +192 (3x)
    Love this bet. Sixers are money today.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Not sure about Sixers mentality going into Game 1, think it might be best to take Boston here and then put some on Sixers series after its gone up some. Game 1 is tricky betting on Philly after they just beat Chicago. No doubt I feel Sixers have the pieces to take this series but will they actually show it on the floor is another thing. Boston needs very big games from at least 2 of the Big 4 in every game for them to win against the Sixers IMO and I dont really think thats going to happen.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Ray Allen is out, although he has been a non factor for a month.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Ray Allen is playing.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

For those of you taking Boston, before you take them ask yourself these questions:

1. Why am I getting Boston at such a low number against an 8 seed when they were just -7 two days ago against the number 4 seed.
    2. Why did the line open at -6 and move to -5 with the public pounding BOS spread and ML.
    3. Why hasn't this line budged off of -5

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

PHI is 4-12 SU and 5-10-1 ATS this reg./post-season as Road Dog.

BOS is 15-0 SU and 10-5 ATS as Home Fav since all-star break.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: okbyme123

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    For those of you taking Boston, before you take them ask yourself these questions:

1. Why am I getting Boston at such a low number against an 8 seed when they were just -7 two days ago against the number 4 seed.
    2. Why did the line open at -6 and move to -5 with the public pounding BOS spread and ML.
    The line is pretty standard given past matchups between these two teams. The public would not have pounded boston until today so it could possibly move to 5.5 although i don't see that happening.

chopperocker

how many tickets sold on each side and the total $ amount on each side are 2 entirely different factors.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    how many tickets sold on each side and the total $ amount on each side are 2 entirely different factors.
    Very true......and most of the public betting % sites take very small samples from only a few books, but just by looking at this line, I'm sure there will be a ton of action on Boston. Squares are going to eat up BOS -5, and even bigger squares will pay the high juice on the ML.

Anyone notice the ML discrepancies between the PHI/BOS game and DEN/LAL game? There is about a 30 cent discrepancy in the ML's even though the lines are only different by a half point.

chopperocker

Very true......and most of the public betting % sites take very small samples from only a few books, but just by looking at this line, I'm sure there will be a ton of action on Boston. Squares are going to eat up BOS -5, and even bigger squares will pay the high juice on the ML.

Anyone notice the ML discrepancies between the PHI/BOS game and DEN/LAL game? There is about a 30 cent discrepancy in the ML's even though the lines are only different by a half point.
    i think theyre might be great value in game 2 with PHI if BOS takes game 1 in dominating form.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    i think theyre might be great value in game 2 with PHI if BOS takes game 1 in dominating form.
    I'll take the points w/ Phili. I would feel a whole lot safer getting +5.5, so I'm going to wait and see. Holiday has the length to disrupt Rondo. Unlike Teague and Pargo who sat back and let Rondo pick them apart, Holiday will get into Rondo and pressure him. Iguodala should be able to contain Pierce, especially with his injury. The only guy that the Sixers don't really have an answer for is Garnett. Hopefully Hawes can step up. And the Phili bench has a big advantage over Boston's bench.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

1. Oddsmaker doesnt care about seedings, he knows these teams arnt that far apart, same as with college bball, rankings dont matter when it comes to their lines.

2. People see value in taking Philly, they matchup well with Boston, Boston was only -3.5 on April 8th when they last played.

3. See above.

This game is iffy to me, seems the series is starting too early, both just played in their first series two days ago, wish this was on Sunday and Id be medium on Boston.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm not taking Boston but the line is where it should be.

As for your logic, I'm pretty sure Philly was -3 against the number 1 seed Bulls a few days ago. Everyone on this board was on Philly and they were damn lucky to win by one point. So the bet was a loss when the line was "screaming Philly". "The #8 seed is -3 against the #1 seed." "The line says it all." WRONG!!!!

Lines makers don't care about seeding.

People on this board make bets all of the time because of lines and they lose. See people loading up on Dallas +2 against OKC when OKC was up 3-0 and clearly the better team.

See people loading up on Philly against a depleted Chicago team when Philly was -3.

See people taking the Lakers and then watching them get blown out.

You have to take the line into consideration but it's not the end all be all of betting. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I think the line is right where it should be. As a result, I don't see a real edge taking either side so i won't play it.

Also, a lot of people were saying Atlanta would beat Boston and that didn't happen despite Boston not having Ray Allen and Rondo for a few games.

Boston may not cover but they will win this series. I don't want to here about how Boston "nearly" blew game 6 when Philly needed to late second free throws to win by one point against a depleted team.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Prolly gonna bang the piss outta the 1H... BOL fellas

Hawes UNDER 20.5 pts + rebounds
    Last edited by SpreadSniper; 05-12-12 at 03:30 PM.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not taking Boston but the line is where it should be.

As for your logic, I'm pretty sure Philly was -3 against the number 1 seed Bulls a few days ago. Everyone on this board was on Philly and they were damn lucky to win by one point. So the bet was a loss when the line was "screaming Philly". "The #8 seed is -3 against the #1 seed." "The line says it all." WRONG!!!!

Lines makers don't care about seeding.

People on this board make bets all of the time because of lines and they lose. See people loading up on Dallas +2 against OKC when OKC was up 3-0 and clearly the better team.

See people loading up on Philly against a depleted Chicago team when Philly was -3.

See people taking the Lakers and then watching them get blown out.

You have to take the line into consideration but it's not the end all be all of betting. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I think the line is right where it should be. As a result, I don't see a real edge taking either side so i won't play it.

Also, a lot of people were saying Atlanta would beat Boston and that didn't happen despite Boston not having Ray Allen and Rondo for a few games.

Boston may not cover but they will win this series. I don't want to here about how Boston "nearly" blew game 6 when Philly needed to late second free throws to win by one point against a depleted team.
    Agreed. I think I just phrased it wrong. Linesmakers obviously don't care about seeding, I just think the average capper will say, "Oh boy, BOS was -7 the other day against ATL, now I can get them at -5 against a lower seeded team, sign me up!" The Hawks were a poor matchup for the Celts, whereas the Sixers matchup great with the Celtics.

I do think the books feel pretty comfortable with Philadelphia covering though. If they didn't, I think this line would be at +5.5 or +6 by now. Still keeping my fingers crossed hoping I can get +5.5.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Don't like the line moving the way it is.

t-wizzle

Don't like the line moving the way it is.
    I think it's fine. Thought yesterday that it could close at 4.5.

Late money will probably be on philly.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Boston 1st half should be ok, putting a little on 1st quarter also.

SpreadSniper

Agreed. I think I just phrased it wrong. Linesmakers obviously don't care about seeding, I just think the average capper will say, "Oh boy, BOS was -7 the other day against ATL, now I can get them at -5 against a lower seeded team, sign me up!" The Hawks were a poor matchup for the Celts, whereas the Sixers matchup great with the Celtics.

I do think the books feel pretty comfortable with Philadelphia covering though. If they didn't, I think this line would be at +5.5 or +6 by now. Still keeping my fingers crossed hoping I can get +5.5.
    ask and ye shall recieve

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Late money will probably be on philly.
    Why do you think late money will be coming in on Philly?

I don't think people are giving Boston enough credit here. They are old but they were still one of the best defensive teams in the league. Likewise, it's not like they have to beat an elite team here. This is the 8th seed.

I think Boston covers 5 but I'm not confident enough to play it. Like I've said, I think the line is about right where it should be.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Sixers +2.5 +100 (3x) ( First half)

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakerboy-auto fade

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Him and his air units.

SpreadSniper

Sixers +2.5 +100 (3x) ( First half)
    wish I could say best of luck....

jmbbarata
    nhl
    jmbbarata's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston ML

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why do you think late money will be coming in on Philly?

I don't think people are giving Boston enough credit here. They are old but they were still one of the best defensive teams in the league. Likewise, it's not like they have to beat an elite team here. This is the 8th seed.

I think Boston covers 5 but I'm not confident enough to play it. Like I've said, I think the line is about right where it should be.
    Because public money today probably moved the line back to 5.5 ... Sharp money will probably grab the 5.5 again before tip.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Because public money today probably moved the line back to 5.5 ... Sharp money will probably grab the 5.5 again before tip.
    Interesting.

What makes you think Sharps are on Philly?

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Nice thread gents
    Valid points all around
    Celtics tonite
    Sixers "steal " game two
    It goes seven
    My two cents.
    GL

BigDofBA

I think Philly will win a game in Boston but it won't matter. Boston will win the series.

As for tonight, I don't feel confident in either side but if I had to play something it would be Boston.

GL to everyone on Philly.

Speedy88

Just read a quote from Doc: "Philly is Atlanta on Steroids"

My book is holding Sixers at +5, hoping they bump them up to +5.5 before tip.

Also seems like Doc isn't very happy with the scheduling. Celts will play 4 games in 6 days, games 1-4 will be every other day.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 05-12-12 at 06:28 PM.

BigDofBA

Just read a quote from Doc: "Philly is Atlanta on Steroids"

My book is holding Sixers at +5, hoping they bump them up to +5.5 before tip.

Also seems like Doc isn't very happy with the scheduling. Celts will play 4 games in 6 days, games 1-4 will be every other day.
    Pinnacle
    5dimes
    Bovada

Alll have +5.5

First 123 Last