TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Doug Collins Is The Worse Coach To Close Out A Series Ever

The guy has no balls. Players don't know how to respond to what he says... he absolutely sucks. Fired immediately if he can't beat Chicago in this series. Absolute Pansy.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

hahahahahaha

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Does seem soft, Ive always kinda liked him too. Think I liked his commentating more.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I've always liked him too. Seems like a players coach, and a good coach. He isn't even close to the bad coach jobs we've seen so far in the playoffs.

He was a beast of a commentator when he was with TNT.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is one of the better coaches in the league
    Many of his peer agree

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the guy is phil jackson compared to lionel fukking hollins... how do some of these guys get coaching jobs? unreal

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the guy is phil jackson compared to lionel fukking hollins... how do some of these guys get coaching jobs? unreal
    Its amazing how the nba more than any other league recycles the same bullshit coaches over and over

Collins has always been a decent coach but he's kind of a douche. How could you fuk up a situation coaching air fukkin Jordan?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is one of the better coaches in the league
    Many of his peer agree
    JJ... I never said he was a bad coach. He's not a "Playoff" coach. I remember when he use to coach the Pistons... he'd have a double digit lead... and lose the game. I'd love to see how many times Doug Collins was favored in a playoff game and his cover percentage. I would say it's really low!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Its amazing how the nba more than any other league recycles the same bullshit coaches over and over

Collins has always been a decent coach but he's kind of a douche. How could you fuk up a situation coaching air fukkin Jordan?
    He's just your basic... regular season... fundamental coach. But, he needs to know how to REALLY bring out the best in a player... and I don't think he knows how to.

Great job Phil... I mean Doug! You made it to the next round.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Closed out many a series before.. Knicks would love to close out as many series as Doug. More series than I have fingers lifetime.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Philly could do far worse. Thought it was a bad hire hes done a decent job tho.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    Closed out many a series before.. Knicks would love to close out as many series as Doug. More series than I have fingers lifetime.
    Isnt he like 19-28 in the playoffs?

TheMoneyShot

Bernard Madoff... when I scrolled down and looked at your avatar... I busted out rolling!!! LOL Hilarious!

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

yes if he had lebron or kobe he would be coach of the year

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

He will beat the celtics

TheMoneyShot

Dominates the entire game... Boston wins late. Did anyone see Doug Collins timeout huddle on TNT? Poise and Rebound... Poise and Rebound??? Bro... you better say more than just Poise and Rebounds!!!! Collins is a tool!

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Dominates the entire game... Boston wins late. Did anyone see Doug Collins timeout huddle on TNT? Poise and Rebound... Poise and Rebound??? Bro... you better say more than just Poise and Rebounds!!!! Collins is a tool!
    Yeah it couldn't be that Lou Williams was 1-5, Jrue was 1-4 and Evan Turner was 0-2 in the fourth it was because Collins is a bad coach

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Just look at the mediocre talent on this team. How can Collins be a bad coach? He gets a lot out of not that much.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Besides the starting 5 and Lou, that team is garbage, young and meeks offensively yes but young on defensive...well he sucks. If Collins get's a better team with 1 or 2 true superstar's watch out

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

The only reason anyone with half a brain would think Collins was a good coach is because they have been brainwashed by all the talking heads this year who are going above and beyond to tell us how good this stiff iis. This stiff is on camera at least 50 times a game. it is the same ole shit with him. He takes teams that can go nowhere but up. They play hard for awhile and then get sick of his shit and quit on him. It almost happen this year and will happen next year. But guys who have no clue have heard every talking head push this agenda for doug and just don't know any better.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Punter101 View Post
    Besides the starting 5 and Lou, that team is garbage, young and meeks offensively yes but young on defensive...well he sucks. If Collins get's a better team with 1 or 2 true superstar's watch out
    please dude get a clue.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

HA! If Collin's didn't get fired in 89' we wouldn't be talking about Jackson's stint with Jordan. Fate had other plans and the rest is history... also George Karl has been in the same situation, only difference been is he had the supersonics and they almost made it all the way. Not Collin's fault his been on team's that don't have superstar's while monkey's like Mike Brown seem's to be glued to superstar's. Only difference is that Collin's and Karl both get the best out of their player's and if you gave either one a superstar with a superstar mentality...well that's another thing

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Punter101 View Post
    HA! If Collin's didn't get fired in 89' we wouldn't be talking about Jackson's stint with Jordan. Fate had other plans and the rest is history... also George Karl has been in the same situation, only difference been is he had the supersonics and they almost made it all the way. Not Collin's fault his been on team's that don't have superstar's while monkey's like Mike Brown seem's to be glued to superstar's. Only difference is that Collin's and Karl both get the best out of their player's and if you gave either one a superstar with a superstar mentality...well that's another thing

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    Yeah it couldn't be that Lou Williams was 1-5, Jrue was 1-4 and Evan Turner was 0-2 in the fourth it was because Collins is a bad coach
    A coach isn't responsible for a player's performance??? I believe he is.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    The only reason anyone with half a brain would think Collins was a good coach is because they have been brainwashed by all the talking heads this year who are going above and beyond to tell us how good this stiff iis. This stiff is on camera at least 50 times a game. it is the same ole shit with him. He takes teams that can go nowhere but up. They play hard for awhile and then get sick of his shit and quit on him. It almost happen this year and will happen next year. But guys who have no clue have heard every talking head push this agenda for doug and just don't know any better.
    so explain why the nets, clippers, twolves, toronto, bobcats, wizards have been awful for this many years?
    its not easy to take shit teams to the playoffs
    doug collins shud be given credit for wat he has done

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

He can prepare them but he can't play for them. He put this team in a position to win and the players couldn't get it done.

jsmithj88

no. did the boston celtics become a title contender because of doc rivers or because they got 3 HOF'ers?
    did lebron james win the mvp because of his coach? i dont think so

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    no. did the boston celtics become a title contender because of doc rivers or because they got 3 HOF'ers?
    did lebron james win the mvp because of his coach? i dont think so
    Doc's coaching had alot to do with that, and Lebron is well Lebron.

Thor4140

so explain why the nets, clippers, twolves, toronto, bobcats, wizards have been awful for this many years?
    WTF has he done? He takes shit teams that have nowhere to go but up, and then after a little surge they quit on him. He gets fired and then the team blows for years to come. he got tremendous help by the officials to get him past Chicago and i have a good feeling with that shit line Vegas thru out there that he wins this Boston series with the same help from the officials. I said earlier in the year (Igadola thread) that they would eventually quit on him and they almost did this year. They diffidently will next year. He makes Drew Holiday do sprints if Holliday has more than 4 turnovers a game. These are adults not kids. He wears on ya and then ya get sick of playing for him. What was it 25 years since he won a playoff series?
    Last edited by Thor4140; 05-12-12 at 11:32 PM.

Thor4140

he is the eight seed in a terrible conference lol

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Doc's coaching had alot to do with that, and Lebron is well Lebron.
    boston is a title contender because of the big 3
    doc being a good coach definately added onto it
    u dont become a title contender without great players

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    he is the eight seed in a terrible conference lol
    since its easy to improve shit teams
    explain why the nets, clippers, twolves, toronto, bobcats, wizards have been awful for this many years?

nowhere to go but up rite?
    y they still bottom dwellers?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Someone with Mod powers, please change the title of this thread to read Mike Brown instead of Doug Collins.

Worst coach in any playoffs ever.

Thor4140

since its easy to improve shit teams
    explain why the nets, clippers, twolves, toronto, bobcats, wizards have been awful for this many years?

nowhere to go but up rite?
    y they still bottom dwellers?
    There are tons of bad coaches in this league. Not just Collins.

TheMoneyShot

The guy absolutely sucks.

TheMoneyShot

12 Last