TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

GAME 7 - Philadelphia VS Boston. The test... again. Close it out big daddy collins.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

It is actually pretty impressive what he has done with this young group this yr. They turned the ball over less times then any team in nba history this yr... That along with having a great defense are two aspects of a well coached team.

TheMoneyShot

I agree with what you said. He has a habit of prepping a team up... but he's not a big game coach. Chicago had injuries... and the match ups were bad after that. I wish I had Doug Collins's cell phone... because I would text him and say... "Prove your critics wrong for once! You aren't a BIG GAME coach." Because he isn't. The only way Philadelphia wins... energy energy energy.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Cs....17-4 in Game 7s....Can the 76ers cover +5???

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Im fukking pumped to watch this game.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Why the hate? Collins' entire team is full of swingmen.. not like he gets to draw up plays for durant and westbrook! He beat Chicago and took philly game 7 tonight. Basketball folks are impressed

TheMoneyShot

The guy sucks. Go back to broadcasting,.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

6rs are completely incompetent. cant blame the coach

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the sixers overachieved with this roster
    its a credit to the coach

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I've always liked Doug Collins. Not sure why all the hate for Collins. He is considered one of the better coaches by his peers. His team overachieved this year big time. 76ers could be a more legitimate force in the East with some key personal moves.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Just look at how certain players performed well for the 76ers and who Collins played more. I always thought he was a good coach, my opinion has changed.

Regarding the timeout talks, I have yet to see an NBA coach I am overly impressed with. But, I don't have a clue what it is like having to talk to millionaires who think they know everything. Every NBA coach's talk during timeouts seems to be very, very basic.

Wojo

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Sixers had a great season and went above and beyond what they were expected to do. They were the youngest team in the playoffs this year too so look out in the next few years when these guys have a little more experience.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Sixers had a great season and went above and beyond what they were expected to do. They were the youngest team in the playoffs this year too so look out in the next few years when these guys have a little more experience.

Nope. Maxed out this year. Won't make it this far again with this roster composition and coach. You saw them at their peak.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Nope. Maxed out this year. Won't make it this far again with this roster composition and coach. You saw them at their peak.
    I'm not sure that's true, but they got lucky to win a series by running into a team decimated by injuries. If Rose doesn't go down they probably get swept and we're not talking about then like we are.

TheMoneyShot

I'm glad we had a coach like Doug Collins to wager against in a Game 7. Like taking candy from a baby.

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

In my opinion, most of the bloggers who are bashing Coach Collins in this thread must be assuming that the following is true...

1) NBA players are very coachable.
    2) NBA players are very easily motivated.
    3) NBA players are intelligent.
    4) NBA players are selfless.
    5) NBA players are very team-oriented.
    6) NBA players all have total respect for authority figures.
    7) NBA players are great listeners.
    8) NBA players are very malleable people.
    9) NBA players are very responsible and mature adults.

Com-on fellas... you're all over yourselves!

Coach Collins whose always in the public eye, has been very positive and extremely patient in communicating with his players during time-out(s).... It does seem like he's trying to hard to be their teacher/coach/father-figure.... which for me sometimes is hard to stomach! As a former boys' varsity High School basketball coach, I have total respect for the total professional Collins is ... His team is very young and without knowing the Sixers players' personalities I'm pretty sure they must be total HEAD CASES!!! The players I coached were only a couple of years younger than these Sixers and a lot less entitled.... but I have worked at a number of summer basketball camps which these current Division I/ NBA players attended, and many of them were even high maintenance back then... So I can only imagine as they got older how much weirder they must have become...

You are not being realistic about the coach until you have been in his shoes! Good luck to everyone on this Holiday weekend...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

sixers overachieved this season and i give him credit for hanging in vs boston far worse coaches out there.

TheMoneyShot

A fact isn't a bash. Fact is... sometimes as players we want our ass kicked a little. We need a coach to get in our face and cuss at us a little. AND SAY WHAT THE FUK??!?!?!?? WAKE THE FUK UP!!!! Something like that. Could you imagine Collins getting angry? He can't. He's a pansy. And if he did... you'd probably laugh. You can't say to the Sixers squad...

1. OK Boys.. we made it.. most people said we wouldn't be here... but we did it. Congratulations to each and every one of you.

His soft love for the players got him there. But the playoffs are a different story. You need to change it up a little. Boston was in desperation mode. Collins has to get up to Iguodala, Young, and Holiday... right in front of their face (individually) and say THIS IS YOUR GAME!!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!! All your hard work... comes down to this game!! And push your finger repeatedly into his chest... pump that SOB UP!!! Get these players UP!!!! Don't shake hands with these players like you just got out of Church. And say... congratulations son.. you did. Well done. GTFO of here. That's where Collins lacks as a coach. He will never be a BIG GAME COACH. I watched him when he coached the Pistons for many years. They had to bring in Larry Brown to win a Championship... Larry Brown is a little old man... but the players respond to that guy... and he goes ape shi# at times. You have to go nuts and show passion in certain situations. Players want to see passion in their coach. Collins is a decent playoff coach for Round 1. And that's all he will ever be. Lucky he made it to round 2.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    A fact isn't a bash. Fact is... sometimes as players we want our ass kicked a little. We need a coach to get in our face and cuss at us a little. AND SAY WHAT THE FUK??!?!?!?? WAKE THE FUK UP!!!! Something like that. Could you imagine Collins getting angry? He can't. He's a pansy. And if he did... you'd probably laugh. You can't say to the Sixers squad...

1. OK Boys.. we made it.. most people said we wouldn't be here... but we did it. Congratulations to each and every one of you.

His soft love for the players got him there. But the playoffs are a different story. You need to change it up a little. Boston was in desperation mode. Collins has to get up to Iguodala, Young, and Holiday... right in front of their face (individually) and say THIS IS YOUR GAME!!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!! All your hard work... comes down to this game!! And push your finger repeatedly into his chest... pump that SOB UP!!! Get these players UP!!!! Don't shake hands with these players like you just got out of Church. And say... congratulations son.. you did. Well done. GTFO of here. That's where Collins lacks as a coach. He will never be a BIG GAME COACH. I watched him when he coached the Pistons for many years. They had to bring in Larry Brown to win a Championship... Larry Brown is a little old man... but the players respond to that guy... and he goes ape shi# at times. You have to go nuts and show passion in certain situations. Players want to see passion in their coach. Collins is a decent playoff coach for Round 1. And that's all he will ever be. Lucky he made it to round 2.
    i know wat ur saying this isnt a championship caliber team. red auerbach culdnt have led this team to the nba title. they also had no chance in hell to beat the bulls without injuries. he made game 7 of the 2nd round of the playoffs with a bottom 15 roster so im not gona crucify him, but hes not leading them to a title ever either.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I'm not sure that's true, but they got lucky to win a series by running into a team decimated by injuries. If Rose doesn't go down they probably get swept and we're not talking about then like we are.
    To improve on this year they would have to make the conference finals in the near future. Doug Collins is not a round from the finals type coach.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    To improve on this year they would have to make the conference finals in the near future. Doug Collins is not a round from the finals type coach.
    How you figure that, he was 1 game away from the conference finals this year with a bunch of young kids. In two years this team will be sick and by then the heat will be starting to age and the celtics big 3 will be all but done if not done. Teams that peak are veteran teams not young up and coming teams.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

u are assuming that yelling and going apeshit was the missing key to beating boston
    this sixers team is not very talented, they are also the youngest team in the nba
    the celtics have 4 franchise players, in fact, its 3 HOFer + rondo
    its a credit that they even got to a game 7

larry brown .................
    how did larry brown do with the bobcats?
    he got them swept, and if u look back, that team had talent
    how come larry brown didnt scream at his players? did he not go apeshit enuff?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    How you figure that, he was 1 game away from the conference finals this year with a bunch of young kids. In two years this team will be sick and by then the heat will be starting to age and the celtics big 3 will be all but done if not done. Teams that peak are veteran teams not young up and coming teams.
    Hold on to the hope that the Sixers will reach championship finals level based on natural progression. You are assuming the front office will make moves and they will be the East's version of the Thunder. Sixers are not in Thunders' class.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

The guy has no balls. Players don't know how to respond to what he says... he absolutely sucks. Fired immediately if he can't beat Chicago in this series. Absolute Pansy.
    are you on meth?
    this team is a 8th seed who defeated 1 seed who is also good without rose!
    there are worse coach than him!
    players are young and wet behind the ears!

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Sixers aren't going anywhere. They don't have guys you can build around. Iguodola is mediocre and has lost most of his athleticism; old; he plateaud a long time ago. Streak shooter otherwise he is a below average shooter. Spencer Hawes, jury is out on him. Look at how many boards he got in the Celtic series- he will be an average or below average center at his rate.

Positive spots: Thaddeus Young, who seems to have plateaued. Jrue Holiday, room for improvement high ceiling.... jury is still out on him can be a bust. Elton brand old washed up and overpaid but he played well. Don't expect it again next season. This team peaked- if it was an 82 game season they would have likely not made the playoffs. The lock out helped them very much and they had exceptional luck in the post season. Lavoy Allen is a solid young player but big men don't show much improvement in the NBA in my opinion and almost all of them just hit a level and stay there.

First 12