racistrapist84
    racistrapist84's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care what you pieces of $hit think, Duncan has had a better career than Kobe.

Sorry JJGold, I know you like to start provocative troll threads and then spin your little dreidle to hava nagila, but this one belongs to me!

Lets compare...first off they are obviously both Hall of Famers and in my opinion top 15 players of all time...HOWEVER, the perception is that Kobe is the best player of the post-MJ generation, which is totally untrue.

Lets discuss...

Kobe and Duncan both entered the NBA with tons of potential, but Kobe had more hype.
    Kobe is a guard and played like MJ and was more flashy than Duncan so he naturally got more hype.

While Tim Duncan was a star from the beginning, earning his way to the top of the NBA elite, Kobe was babied and nurtured like we were when we were sucking on our mom's nipples. While Duncan was already a great player by his 2nd year, Kobe was airballing three pointers in the playoffs vs the Jazz (for those of you who are too stupid and young to remember).

Then Shaq came to LA. For some reason, Kobe ALWAYS received as much praise as Shaq for their championships, even though it was incredibly obvious that Shaq was the reason they won championships. Kobe was a glorified role player. While Kobe was #2 and winning championships because of Shaq, Duncan was winning championships as the best player on his team.

Duncan actually DESERVED his MVP.

CP3 was ROBBED the year Kobe won it. Compare the stats you phucking piece of $hit.

Duncan= 4 finals MVPs, which will ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT

KOBE= 2 finals MVPs, winning them despite shooting 6 for 24 in the biggest game of his career.

Tim Duncan has never lost in the NBA finals, but guess who quit on his team in the playoffs vs the Suns, vs the Spurs, vs the Pistons, and vs the Celtics? Who did Paul Pierce dominate in the 2008 NBA finals? No excuses! Kobe was still in his prime and had more talent while Paul Pierce has always been fat and slow. Even when the Lakers got their revenge vs the Celtics, it was because Perkins was hurt and the Lakers had 2 big men who were unstoppable. Did Kobe's 6 for 24 performance in Game 7 impress you? Or did he impress you more when he quit on his team? Or when Paul Pierce made him his bitch?

Bottom line is that kobe is, at BEST, the 2nd or 3rd best shooting guard of all time while Duncan is HANDS DOWN the best power forward of all time.

Do you really think Tim Duncan would quit on his team 4 times in the playoffs?

has Tim Duncan ever shot the Spurs OUT of a game?

If you think Kobe is the best player of our generation then you probably also think Emmitt Smith is the best runningback of all time.

If you don't agree then you're a moron.

Just so you know, I don't like the Spurs or lakers so I'm not biased, just a realist.
    Last edited by racistrapist84; 05-03-12 at 11:16 AM.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

what a character

carter Bean
    carter Bean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Wow! You can't be any more wrong. Thanks for the laughs tho.

racistrapist84
    racistrapist84's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok carter...Kobe is better than MJ. you must be 18 and never saw MJ play

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1/4 league > Kobe.

Kobe one of the most overrated players of all time. He was created to appeal to wanna-be gangsta thugs. Duncan is into Dungeons and Dragons.

Who do u think sells more jerseys?

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Kobe is the better player...guards will always be considered better players overall than big men because of their versatility...but Duncan has had the better career by far.

He has been a staple on all nba teams since he was a rookie, rookie of the year...finals mvp in his second yr...back to back mvps, best player on the best and most consistant team since he was a rook, winning nearly 70% of their games. Has never been on his couch during the first week of the playoffs...except the yr he had surgery but the team was still in the playoffs due largely to him

I think the majority of people would prefer that than the ups and downs (and drama, on and off court) of kobes career

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Duncan has 3 finals MVP you fukkface. Anyway, let me read the rest now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Original poster, you talk like you are in the 1% and everyone is against you. This is a very tough debate and I imagine the vote would be split. Kobe road Shaq's coattails to three championships rings, but Kobe was very young back then and he improved tremendously over the course of his career. In his absolute prime he didn't have much help, and then of course he got two more rings when Gasol, Bynum, and Artest were all playing at very high levels. In the meantime Duncan was a model of consistency his entire career, but he had great teams surrounding him for his championships as well. No single player can win a championship alone, so it's hard to use "# of rings" as a solid basis for one being better than the other.

In the end, this is a team game and it's extremely hard to compare players, especially players at two different positions.

I think if you asked NBA coaches who they would rather have for 10 years, the majority would prefer Duncan. Offense, defense, leadership, demeanor. He is amazing in all categories. I think if you asked the same coaches when they are going into a game 7 of the finals, coaches would take Kobe. Like I said before, it's so hard to compare. Don't try to argue that Duncan is definitely better than Kobe and there is no argument, or you will sound as incompetent as those who say the same thing about Kobe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pstanley26

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

TripleDDD
    TripleDDD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

Tim Duncan never protected his championships, though

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

dUNCAN NEVER WON BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

he never raped anyone either

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Original poster, you talk like you are in the 1% and everyone is against you. This is a very tough debate and I imagine the vote would be split. Kobe road Shaq's coattails to three championships rings, but Kobe was very young back then and he improved tremendously over the course of his career. In his absolute prime he didn't have much help, and then of course he got two more rings when Gasol, Bynum, and Artest were all playing at very high levels. In the meantime Duncan was a model of consistency his entire career, but he had great teams surrounding him for his championships as well. No single player can win a championship alone, so it's hard to use "# of rings" as a solid basis for one being better than the other.

In the end, this is a team game and it's extremely hard to compare players, especially players at two different positions.

I think if you asked NBA coaches who they would rather have for 10 years, the majority would prefer Duncan. Offense, defense, leadership, demeanor. He is amazing in all categories. I think if you asked the same coaches when they are going into a game 7 of the finals, coaches would take Kobe. Like I said before, it's so hard to compare. Don't try to argue that Duncan is definitely better than Kobe and there is no argument, or you will sound as incompetent as those who say the same thing about Kobe.
    Wrong. They'd choose one of the best players in the world Kobe Bean Bryant.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    Wrong. They'd choose one of the best players in the world Kobe Bean Bryant.

I don't know how any capper can say that Kobe is one of the best. He's not even close. He's a ball hog.

I admit, he's clutch, but without the refs and Stein loving LA all these years, he'd just be another Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis (in a few years). Kobe does have the experience and craftiness to get jump shots over taller bigs, but outside of that, what exactly does Kobe do that makes him so great? If you look at his % of shots rather than total points, you'll see he's above average.

He doesn't have the ability to slash like Wade. He isn't an elite defender/rebounder. The earlier/younger Kobe wasn't even crafty and was easy to defend. Like everyone else said, he had Shaq. After Shaq left, he did what he does best, hog the ball.

I agree that comparing him to Duncan is apple and oranges. But the OP is expressing the difference of perception vs. reality. Duncan is still low-key, even after an amazing career. Kobe could be on a lottery team and people will still buy his jerseys.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Kobe. period.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

There should have been a poll with this thread

bonestock
    bonestock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by racistrapist84 View Post

Kobe and Duncan both entered the NBA with tons of potential, but Kobe had more hype.
    Stopped reading after this. Kobe drafted 13th in 96. These guys were picked over Kobe.
    First Round Player College
    1. Philadelphia Allen Iverson Georgetown
    2. Toronto Marcus Camby Massachusetts
    3. Vancouver Shareef Abdur-Rahim California
    4. Milwaukee (1) Stephon Marbury Georgia Tech
    5. Minnesota (1) Ray Allen Connecticut
    6. Boston (from Dallas) Antoine Walker Kentucky
    7. LA Clippers Lorenzen Wright Memphis
    8. New Jersey Kerry Kittles Villanova
    9. Dallas (from Boston) Samaki Walker Louisvile
    10. Indiana (from Denver) Erick Dampier Mississippi State
    11. Golden State Todd Fuller North Carolina State
    12. Cleveland (from Wash.) Vitaly Potapenko Wright State

Duncan 1st overall the following year and had a great big man as a mentor in David Robinson.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Sorry JJGold, I know you like to start provocative troll threads and then spin your little dreidle to hava nagila, but this one belongs to me!

Lets compare...first off they are obviously both Hall of Famers and in my opinion top 15 players of all time...HOWEVER, the perception is that Kobe is the best player of the post-MJ generation, which is totally untrue.

Lets discuss...

Kobe is a guard and played like MJ and was more flashy than Duncan so he naturally got more hype.

While Tim Duncan was a star from the beginning, earning his way to the top of the NBA elite, Kobe was babied and nurtured like we were when we were sucking on our mom's nipples. While Duncan was already a great player by his 2nd year, Kobe was airballing three pointers in the playoffs vs the Jazz (for those of you who are too stupid and young to remember).

Then Shaq came to LA. For some reason, Kobe ALWAYS received as much praise as Shaq for their championships, even though it was incredibly obvious that Shaq was the reason they won championships. Kobe was a glorified role player. While Kobe was #2 and winning championships because of Shaq, Duncan was winning championships as the best player on his team.

CP3 was ROBBED the year Kobe won it. Compare the stats you phucking piece of $hit.

KOBE= 2 finals MVPs, winning them despite shooting 6 for 24 in the biggest game of his career.

Tim Duncan has never lost in the NBA finals, but guess who quit on his team in the playoffs vs the Suns, vs the Spurs, vs the Pistons, and vs the Celtics? Who did Paul Pierce dominate in the 2008 NBA finals? No excuses! Kobe was still in his prime and had more talent while Paul Pierce has always been fat and slow. Even when the Lakers got their revenge vs the Celtics, it was because Perkins was hurt and the Lakers had 2 big men who were unstoppable. Did Kobe's 6 for 24 performance in Game 7 impress you? Or did he impress you more when he quit on his team? Or when Paul Pierce made him his bitch?

Bottom line is that kobe is, at BEST, the 2nd or 3rd best shooting guard of all time while Duncan is HANDS DOWN the best power forward of all time.

If you think Kobe is the best player of our generation then you probably also think Emmitt Smith is the best runningback of all time.

Just so you know, I don't like the Spurs or lakers so I'm not biased, just a realist.
    IF you don't care what we think, why did you type all of that up to argue with us?

You're wrong BTW.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Who the fuuck wants to listen to an argument from a guy who calls himself a racist rapist and is probably some 45 year old hillbilly jerking his dick in his mother's basement somewhere in Alabama
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave beg154860 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bones33 gave beg154860 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Lets discuss...

its clear that you are just an LA hater, probably because the Lakers kept the Spurs from getting to the Finals more often. Point out that Duncan hasn't been on a team that lost a Finals... that is like saying Eli hasn't lost a Super Bowl and Brady has... when Eli has been to 2 and Brady to 5.... Duncan 4, Kobe 5/7. You have no idea what would happen if Duncan had 3 more trips, which he didn't because of the Lakers. Awe... poor Spurs let Fisher hit a gw shot with .4 seconds left

Kobe and Shaq both had their days with the other dominating playoff games, each because of the presence of the other. its not the same as MJ greatest ever and oh yeah... Pippen

in the Game 7 Spurs Pistons... it was Horry and Bruce Bowen hitting huge 3's in the 4th quarter to put the Spurs ahead for good... not them going to Duncan every trip, and the top performer for the game is listed as Ginobli, not Duncan. you see what I did there? take all credit away from what Duncan actually did do in that game to help his team win... that is what you tried to do with Kobe's game 7.

The only time the Spurs were tested in the Finals were by the Pistons... got to play the 8th seed fluke Knicks, the Nets after the Lakers had already raped them the year b4... and got to play the weakest Eastern Conf. Champs in 07 vs the Cleveland LeBrons. Not too impressive

shit can be spewed both ways pal
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 05-03-12 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Finals, not Super Bowl

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

I'd agree Duncan is the better player...but as far as a career goes...it's Kobe. He didn't do 4 years of college like Duncan...just the sheer volume of Kobe's career will outweigh duncan's.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I hate LA and Kobe but he is one of the best players of all time. Sorry.