sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Thunder will be lucky to make it to the Western Conference Finals. I think the Clippers, Grizzlies, Lakers, and Spurs all have a better shot at making the Finals than the Thunder.

When was the last time a jump shooting team as young as the Thunder won the championship? Good luck trying to find that answer.
    When was the last time they made it to the Western Conference finals.....oh that's right, last year. Maybe if you Seattle clowns would've put as much love in your team as you do hating on OKC, you'd still have a team!

robfromsc
    robfromsc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    Shut the **** up, racist, facist, nazi
    agree

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Well that was last year when the Grizz were w/o Rudy Gay. They are a much better team this year.

I just don't see the Thunder getting far. They have no inside game and all they do is shoot jumpshots. Their offense is literally: jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot, etc.
    You're completely wrong. The Grizzlies were better last when they had a deep bench that consisted of Battier, Vasquez, and Arthur. How are they much better this year? Those three players helped them a lot more than Gay.

Likewise, do you honestly think the Grizzlies have gotten better and the Thunder haven't??????

If OKC is mentally week and a jump shooting team that can't get far like everyone is saying, how did we get to the conference finals last year?

We're up 2-0 on the defending champs. Apparently it is possible to win when you are a jump shooting team. Likewise, we aren't even playing that good right now.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Your up 2-0 on the Mavs dude, and you beat them by a combined 4 points on your homecourt. And to be honest, the Mavs just aren't that good. We'll see how your Thunder do against the Lakers next round.

Here's a list of NBA champions. Go find me the last NBA champion that was:
    A. As young as your Thunder
    B. Jumpshooting with no inside game.

http://www.fanbay.net/nba/nbachampions.htm

Not saying your Thunder will never win it, but you guys are at least 2-3 years away from reaching the finals IMO.

BigDofBA

Your up 2-0 on the Mavs dude, and you beat them by a combined 4 points on your homecourt. And to be honest, the Mavs just aren't that good. We'll see how your Thunder do against the Lakers next round.

Here's a list of NBA champions. Go find me the last NBA champion that:
    A. Was as young as your Thunder
    B. Jumpshooting with no inside game.

http://www.fanbay.net/nba/nbachampions.htm
    I've said all along that the Mavs aren't the team that they were last season. I've also said that I don't think we will win it.

With that said, we have about as good of a shot as anyone and you're blind if you don't see that.

You're acting like the Grizzlies are a lot better this year and that just isn't true. Likewise, are you going to fail to acknowledge that OKC is better? How do you come to the conclusion that OKC won't go far in the playoffs when we went far last year?

Additionally, I feel like there is way to much Laker love. We beat them by double digits twice this season and the one game they beat us was because we lost focus, played like shit, and blew a 16 point 4th quarter lead. Despite playing horrible and missing Harden, the Lakers still needed double overtime to beat us on their home court.

LA is getting love for beating a Denver team that plays no defense and has no size.

Speedy88

LA vs OKC will be a great series. I'd give the edge of LA just because of their size and the fact that they can score in the paint. I think OKC's biggest challenge will be SA. To put it nicely, SA had their way with you guys this year. Both final scores don't really reflect the game, but the one game in OKC was a 20 point game from the very beginning, and the one in SA back in early February was pretty much a double digit game the entire game.

And not sure why you think last years Grizzlies team is better than this years. Last years team was an 8th seed, this years team is a 4th seed. Rudy Gay is a great player that they were w/o last year. IMO Vasquez and Arthur are pretty comparable to Speights and Arenas.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 05-01-12 at 08:49 PM.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

id pay to see OKC vs SAS

BigDofBA

LA vs OKC will be a great series. I'd give the edge of LA just because of their size and the fact that they can score in the paint. I think OKC's biggest challenge will be SA. To put it nicely, they dominated you guys this year. Both final scores don't really reflect the game, but the one game in OKC was a 20 point game from the very beginning, and the one in SA back in early February was pretty much a double digit game the entire game.
    I think San Antonio is the best team in the West. Parker owns us. Coach Pop owns us. They own us. I also think the Clippers could possibly beat us.

The Heat have the easiest path to the Finals and the Thunder have the hardest. That's why I don't think we will win it, and I doubt we even get there.

For the Thunder to get to the Finals, we would have to beat the previous two world champions (Lakers/Mavericks) and then most likely beat the team that had the best record in the West the previous two seasons (Spurs). If we do that, then will get a Heat team that will most likely be rested after a cake walk through the East.

As it stands now, I still don't think this Dallas series is over. IMO, Dallas has a better chance of coming back and beating us than LA would have of beating us in a 7 game series.

LA doesn't have enough people to defend the trio of Harden, Westbrook, and Durant. Harden is usually the guy that kills them.

Speedy88

My main problem with your Thunder is that you guys shoot a ton of jumpshots. I just don't think teams can win championships by being a primarily jumpshooting team. You guys are a fun team to watch, but when you guys can't hit your shots, you guys are a horrible team. Just look back at the games in LA against the Clipps and Lakers from this past month.

BigDofBA

My main problem with your Thunder is that you guys shoot a ton of jumpshots.
    We got to the Western conference finals last year and we have proven we can win. If Durant and Westbrook are hitting, we are very difficult to beat.

Like I said, I don't think we will win a championship but the Clippers or Grizz could give the Spurs some trouble in the second round. You never know how the cards will fall.

I would love to get a shot at the Heat. I think we would have a better chance against them than the Spurs.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We got to the Western conference finals last year and we have proven we can win. If Durant and Westbrook are hitting, we are very difficult to beat.

Like I said, I don't think we will win a championship but the Clippers or Grizz could give the Spurs some trouble in the second round. You never know how the cards will fall.

I would love to get a shot at the Heat. I think we would have a better chance against them than the Spurs.
    Thunder vs Spurs would be an insane series, I'd love to see the totals for those games. Main reason why the Mavs can't beat you guys this year is because of the loss of Butler and Stevenson. Those guys played great defense on Harden/Westbrook/Durant. Marion is their only good perimeter defender now.

For the Thunder to seriously contend, I think you guys need a scoring big man.

Don't forget that I'm also a Thunder Hater....what do you expect, I'm from Seattle.

BigDofBA

Thunder vs Spurs would be an insane series, I'd love to see the totals for those games. Main reason why the Mavs can't beat you guys this year is because of the loss of Butler and Stevenson. Those guys played great defense on Harden/Westbrook/Durant. Marion is their only good perimeter defender now.

For the Thunder to seriously contend, I think you guys need a scoring big man.

Don't forget that I'm also a Thunder Hater....what do you expect, I'm from Seattle.
    Spurs would probably win in 6. It's pretty simple. Parker picks us apart and then hits wide open shooters. Our defense isn't good enough to defend what the Spurs bring to the table. They also have the best coach in the game.

I don't think we would roll through the Lakers either. It would probably be a 6-7 game series but I feel like it's one we should win with home court advantage.

The Clippers, Grizzlies, and Spurs all scare me more than the Lakers.

First 12