beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Jason Kidd out tonight vs Hawks

The Dallas Mavericks will hold Jason Kidd out of tonight's season finale with the Altanta Hawks but all other regulars are expected to suit up and see action. However, Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle indicated after this morning's shootaround that many players will have their minutes "scrutinized" during tonight's game.
    "We have a plan for tonight and we'll execute that plan," Carlisle said.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

old news. he didn't play against CHI a few days ago either.

Humble1
    Humble1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

mavs want to lose this game so they dont have to see lakers first round i see.

beerman2619

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    old news. he didn't play against CHI a few days ago either.
    my bad

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Am I missing something here...why do people think Dallas wants to avoid Lakers 1st round? If any team, they would WANT to play Lakers first round given last years playoffs + the fact that LAL likely won't be anything spectacular this season either. And surely they know OKC is much better this year + Mavs have depleted from last year...so OKC is a much tougher opponent for them to go against 1st round.

beerman2619

I don't think this game matters at all to Dallas. Only way they escape playing the Thunder is if they win this game and Denver loses to Minny which isn't going to happen. I think they know it and probably around half will pull most there starters. Rest up and get ready for OKC come Saturday. Hawks on the other hand want home court vs the Celtics almost a must win for them.

Humble1
    Humble1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Am I missing something here...why do people think Dallas wants to avoid Lakers 1st round? If any team, they would WANT to play Lakers first round given last years playoffs + the fact that LAL likely won't be anything spectacular this season either. And surely they know OKC is much better this year + Mavs have depleted from last year...so OKC is a much tougher opponent for them to go against 1st round.
    i heard from an insider that mavs dont want to play lakers first round to much height and experience. they rather play a streaky okc team

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Dallas has played the Lakers and OKC this year. The way those games have gone should make it clear why Dallas would rather play OKC.