lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

NBA match fixing

After what we just watched in Phoenix, how can you continue betting the NBA?

Refs completely controlled the last few minutes, some1 is going come in and post that you "have to be on the right side of the fix" I don't even care about losing a play, but losing it like this really, really hurts. I've had 0-5 stretches but it doesn't compare.

Only legitimate betting sports are NHL, and the MLB (from what I can tell)

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Refs were on the Suns nuts from the 1st quarter...

Aussiepunter1
    Aussiepunter1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

I feel u man, disgusting influence on the game by the refs literally handed the suns the win

fml such a dirrrrrrty way to lose a lock like that not even getting the push

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Refs were on the Suns nuts from the 1st quarter...
    I only watched the 2nd half and goddamn even the home crowd was shocked at some of these calls. Suns just kept getting breaks until the had the game in the bag.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

You rather leave the two time MVP out or have a marketless Utah in?

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Yeah i bet suns here and was glad they won, but i totally agree especially when kenyon Martin stripped Nash that call was pathetic.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Suns/Jazz should be one competitive game on Tuesday.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

if you think its fixed, then don't bet it. simple as that. this discussion is a merry-go-round.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    if you think its fixed, then don't bet it. simple as that. this discussion is a merry-go-round.
    it is rigged, some people just won't believe it no matter how much proof is at their disposal. tonight was without a doubt rigged and the fact it doesn't get any attention tilts me hard.

everyone should know what exactly happened in tonight's game, either for the sake of knowing.. or helping you in future bets.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Read Tim Donaghy's book, it will give you all kinds of new insights towards the NBA. Refs definitely favor teams in certain spots. Didn't watch a second of the game, but it sounds like this was one of them.

BTW, nice hit on NOH tonight Lunch.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

lol so glad i quit the nba, cant wait for the NFL season to start, thats where the money is.

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

and college football

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Yeah i bet suns here and was glad they won, but i totally agree especially when kenyon Martin stripped Nash that call was pathetic.
    also that one play around same time where foye blocked gortat but gortat gets ft's, block looked good.

lunchbawks
    NB#

NFL has gotta have the sharpest lines of any american sport, MLB is where the money's at. Thousands of games running all day long

I have seen some very questionable officiating in american football, influencing either the total or point spread. The lines are sharp but the refs suck!

lunchbawks
    NB#

this game man. this could be a turning point in my nba betting

dudley doesn't like griffin flopping, he bumps chests with blake screaming WHATS UP and not even any call whatsoever. that's a tech every single fkking time, refs saw it, broke it up... but looked the other way?? Martin stole the ball from Steve nash as cleanly as possible, Nash protests, gets the foul call on a clean steal, it's just kenyon martin who is a huge ni**a so he gets the foul for a great defensive play.

then there was the block on gortat, FFS this was the end all call that changed the outcome of the game, no question about it a block, a routine basketball play. no video review or anything, gortat gets 2 free throws instead for phx to tie or take the lead.

blake griffin offensive foul on the last clip play?? PHX commentators say the call could have gone either way, which means PHX commited the foul.

I honestly feel lucky blake even got a 3 pointer up as time winded down, with all the ref fixing tonight

This was on national TV for everyone to see

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

There was another thread complaining about the refs favouring Clips. I guess it shows what side are you on can change what you perceive as reality.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is much , MUCH harder to fix an mlb game. Not saying that it doesnt happen but it takes a lot more than a blown call or two or three to decide an MLB game. To fix an mlb game you'd have to pay off the balls/strikes ump, the pitcher, and one or two of the better hitters on the team which in today's market, has a contract of over $100 million .....too many factors.

Which is why I focus the majority of my money on MLB.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    There was another thread complaining about the refs favouring Clips. I guess it shows what side are you on can change what you perceive as reality.
    obviously you didn't watch the game. it was an absolute farce! i see this as a serious matter, so when creating this thread i rewinded the last few minutes of tonight's game twice already, this isn't about perceiving reality it's about the rulebook and standards nba refs should live by, the rulebook got thrown out the window the last few minutes so the suns could win. get over it and accept reality, not whatever perceived reality you're accustomed to

MatI

You obviously didnt understand my post.

I have no opinion on the refs for this game because I didn't watch it.

Others watching the game were complaining about refs favouring Clips in the final few minutes. That is a difference in opinion on the same game. So my point stands.

I tried to explain it like I would for a 4yo this time, hopefully it was clearer for you.

nate77
    nate77's Avatar Become A Pro!

all matches are fixed in all sports and bookies know outputs. did you learn it new

MikeyD323
    MikeyD323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Funny people only complain when they lose...games arnt fixed get over it. U bet and u lost. I won suns -2 and it was just meant to happen. Dont blame refs, u picked the wrong team. If u won this thread wudnt exist. U win some u lose some.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Others watching the game were complaining about refs favouring Clips in the final few minutes. That is a difference in opinion on the same game. So my point stands.

I tried to explain it like I would for a 4yo this time, hopefully it was clearer for you.
    why dont u watch the game yourself before inserting your opinion

MatI

You just don't get it to you?

Others watching the game had the complete opposite view on which side the ref bias was on.

Ok, i'll make it easier. I just watched the last qtr. And I disagree.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Match fixing you say .... sounds like a sore loser to me

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Easy solution: stop betting NBA.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I don't understand the fuss lunchbawks? Yes it was egregious and yes stern an company are showing their gratitude to Nash for all his yrs as a player/role model to kids but this ISN'T the first time its happened and it won't be the last. There were far more outrageous fixes on national televised games yrs before this one and with greater implications. This thread should read "I finally realized the NBA is fixed after X amnt of yrs watching it, I finally got it!"

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD323 View Post
    Funny people only complain when they lose...games arnt fixed get over it. U bet and u lost. I won suns -2 and it was just meant to happen. Dont blame refs, u picked the wrong team. If u won this thread wudnt exist. U win some u lose some.
    I've said games were fishy after I have won.

You have to be pretty ignorant to think that match fixing doesn't occur when it's already been proven.

Research ASU point shaving scandal and Tim Donaghy. European soccer is notorious for t as well.

Refs can totally control games. It's not hard to get somebody in foul trouble or control the flow of a game.

Mac4Lyfe

Where the heck are you getting this from? Everyone I know on this forum, including those that had money on the Suns admitted that the refs were favoring the Suns. There were bullshit calls, phantom calls on the Clips the entire evening. Who in their right mind said the Clips got the calls? Are you nuts? Since you didn't see the game you probably shouldn't comment on what you don't know.

Blake Griffin got raped with no vaseline and on several occasions and the refs clearly weren't going to call anything. Charles Barkley talked about it in the post game show. He thought it was inexcusable that teams can get away with killing Griffin with no recourse by the refs. He said that someone on the Clippers have to be an enforcer and retaliate for the rough play.

Clippers are a more physical team that drive to the hole yet the Suns went to the line 7 times more??? This shit was a farce. Refs weren't even trying to be impartial. It was like watching a fixed boxing match.

You just don't get it to you?

Others watching the game had the complete opposite view on which side the ref bias was on.

Ok, i'll make it easier. I just watched the last qtr. And I disagree.

Mac4Lyfe

What? Sometimes it's not about winning and losing. I had money on Brandon Rios in his boxing match against Abril. I won but the decision was bullshit. I am still pissed that Abril got robbed by Bob Arum and his corruption. It was a clear fix that Arum orchestrated so that he can promote another fight at Cowboy stadium. It was pathetic, a sham and ruins the game.

Yes, people like to win but they many don't want to win at the expense of right/wrong. Most athletes want a fair game as well. They don't want a tainted title. Booo
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD323 View Post

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

If PHX -2 didn't slap you in the face and scream "PLAY ME!" then you haven't learned much besides how to be a loser.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Why do people think reffing is like an exact science? That shit ain't easy. "The game was fixed" is the oldest sportsbetting term in the book, just behind "never heard of ya pal" and " you fukkin hamburger". Refs make shit calls. If you're going to imply the game is fixed watch every game those exact same refs work and see if they make more shitty calls. I guarantee you the outcomes match the logic, they **** up all the time, a lot of times not in the public's favor. From my view Clippers stood with em the whole game, why don't you blame the 6 missed free throws that could've won? Refs can't do anything about that...

MatI

Also, it was a 1pt game to the Suns with 7 seconds left. If the refs were fixing the game in Phoenix' favour, you would think they would try and make it a little easier than that.

I'm not sure why refs didn't let this game blow out in favour of the Suns by the end of the 3rd. They do this shit every night, you think they would know how to do it properly. Fukn hamburgers.

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course they fix it ! u just got to be on the right side.. afterall this is gambling folks !! no such thing as easy money in this world !!