brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I see a fired up full of heart 4 quarter game from Miami tomorrow. LQQK

Miami will have a very special guest tomorrow at courtside to root for them (Article below):

MIAMI—
    LeBron James and Dwyane Wade conducted their post-practice interviews together last season.

They have since separated them, but on Saturday they once again shared their time in front of the tape recorders and microphones. Only this time they took turns fulfilling their media duties alongside the Miami Heat's "new point guard."

Thiago D'Elia, a 17-year-old cancer patient, was the center of attention at practice. He worked out with the team as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. His story will be aired on ESPN.

After participating in a half-court shooting contest with the team, D'Elia accompanied James and Wade to meet with reporters.

The red No. 32 Heat jersey he wore was hung in the team locker room.

"My heart was so pounding so fast," said D'Elia, whose family was flown in from the Atlanta area. "I thought I was going to have to call the [emergency room] real quick."

D'Elia worked on fundamentals with James after practice, shooting jumpshots and free throws. James then gave him a gift basket that included an autographed jersey and basketball.

D'Elia will sit courtside for Sunday's game against the Detroit Pistons at AmericanAirlines Arena.

He said he waited nearly two years for his wish to be granted.

"I'm not one of those who lose sleep over it," D'Elia said of the moment. "I kind of wanted to sleep so it would come faster."

The Heat said the moment put things into perspective, especially after the reaction from loss to Memphis Grizzlies Friday. It made their issues seem minor.

"After a night like last night, it certainly keeps everything in perspective for all of us," coach Erik Spoelstra said. "We are in the toy department of human affairs."

James answered just two questions from the press, all pertaining to D'Elia. Basketball was secondary.

"Every now and then, we get caught up in [basketball] and we start to take it too serious," forward Udonis Haslem said.

"We let it get us down. Make no mistake about it, we want to be as perfect as possible and play the best basketball as we can. But outside of basketball, people are going through real-life situations and have real-life issues."
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 11:30 AM.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

great info! glad you shared. they will play with major focus.

mia 23-3 SU and 13-13 ATS as home fav

det 4-22 SU and 10-16 ATS as road dog

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

If they are really fired up, they will show it in the 1st half or 1st quarter.

brainfreeze0

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    If they are really fired up, they will show it in the 1st half or 1st quarter.
    Yeah that's where theyll take their lead at, but I doubt they will let up. Part this/ Part last game blowout/ Part homecourt. Def bet the 1Q which should be -3 or 4, that should be $$$$

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting... good info freeze!

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

im locked in MIA -4 1stQ -115

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

They dont seem very fired up...bet the 2nd Q?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so much for this theory d-wade def does not care he aint even
    playing

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

C'mon guys, everyone on SBR should know that the Heat could care less about a regular season game with the Detroit Pistons. Outside of playoff games, they only get up for big time national TV games.

brainfreeze0

they dont seem fired up. that ones on you lol. Miami should hopefully turn around. Had a nice chunk of change on the 1st Q they just lost me by iving back all of those points.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Would've taken a shot at Det +11 if I knew Wade was out. No reason for Miami to blow out Pistons here - still might happen but I think Heat are just looking for a win here.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Unless they are on TNT, ESPN, or ABC, the Heat could care less about covering a 12 point spread, they'll probably win by a small margin. This team has little to no heart when it comes to the regular season.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat are becoming the Lakers w/ their inability to cover

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Heat are becoming the Lakers w/ their inability to cover
    Numbers-wise I agree. The difference is I think the Lakers are unable to cover whereas the Heat are choosing not to.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Has anyone ever looked into/seen a system with a "superior team eventually covers a quarter" hypothesis?

brainfreeze0

Well they covered the 1H and total at least