Schucz
    Schucz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavaliers vs Magic

The Orlando Magic (55-19) had showed their inexperience at the worst possible moment on yesterday night, when they allowed an upset at home against the Raptors, 95-99. Orlando not only threw away a six-game winning streak with that defeat, but they also fell back to 3rd place in the Eastern Conference standings, one win behind the 2nd seeded Boston. If they want a coveted home court advantage in the projected second round clash with the Celtics, the Orlando Magic will now have to earn it the hard way, starting tonight when they host the NBA's best team. The Cleveland Cavaliers (61-14) have all but secured the best record in the entire league, after going 16-1 with 13 straight wins in March. However, the Cavs begun April with an upset, as they lost an emotional game on the road to a former (and perhaps future) bitter rival, the Washington Wizards.

Orlando got an extra day of rest ahead of tonight’s match, and that might prove to be a deciding factor this late in the season. Dwight Howard is the only player in the league who can stop LeBron’s penetrations to the basket, and Orlando should continue their recent dominance of the Cavs. Cleveland is only 4-5 this year in games where they were not favorites based on handicap.

Whats your view on this match?

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

LBJ cant be stopped by howard.

orl shooting poorly as of late

cavs with the points

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

It's all about homecourt... Orlando wins

Hence the Utah vs. Denver game.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

The under is the correct call on this one
    Last edited by cocknocker; 04-03-09 at 04:09 PM.

TORONTOBBALL
    TORONTOBBALL's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the over last time these two met it was 97-93. now there both fighting to clam something so it will be even more scoring

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Cleveland has been looking ahead to this matchup. The Cavs have lost two games in a row once this year (vs the Lakers at home and then Indiana on that foul by Lebron to send Granger to the line). The Cavs know this game is important because if they lose, that puts the Lakers in a position to claim home court advantage throughout the playoffs. Remember, the Lakers only need to tie the Cavs to get home court because they won the season series 2-0. Cavs are the better team and I'll gladly take the points in this matchup.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TORONTOBBALL View Post
    i like the over last time these two met it was 97-93. now there both fighting to clam something so it will be even more scoring
    i agree... it looks like cleveland was practicing their 3 pt game last nite for this game tonite bc they had more 3 pt attempts (30) than free throw attempts (17)... that being said, i expect big games out of mo williams and rashard lewis from the perimeter... of course, superman (20-20)and lbj (close triple double) will put up their typical nationally televised numbers

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Cleveland has performed well coming back from a loss but they have had problems with the Magic over the past few seasons. Don't forget that the Magic were very mad in Cleveland when they felt that all the calls went their way. I expect the refs to be very one sided tonight in favor of the Magic. I initially was going with Cleveland but now I'm fairley convinced that Orlando will cover.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orlando at home = $