BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Are the Spurs the best team in the NBA

Everyone talks about the Heat, Bulls, and my Thunder yet San Antonio doesn't get much hype for how good they are.

I think people just take the Spurs for granted. They are really good this year. Parker is ballin. Duncan's game suits a veteran well. Ginobli is constant.

They've done a great job at re-tooling the supporting cast around these games and they are playing some really good ball right now. They also have a hall of fame coach.

I think people forget they had the best record in the league last year before running into a nasty Memphis team. Personall, I think the Spurs are the team to beat.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Right now....yes.

In a 7 game series, I'm not sure.

But they are playing the best ball in the NBA right now, and you know they'll be motivated after getting bounced out last year by Memphis.

I got a feeling CHI gets bumped out before the Eastern Conference Finals.

BigDofBA

Why do you think Chicago gets bumped out before the Conference finals?

They have the best record in the NBA and their best player, which is the reigning MVP, has missed 20 games.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Is this thread a joke?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Is this thread a joke?
    No. I'm being serious. If you disagree then feel free to share your opinion.

The Heat have holes as do the Thunder. I think the Bulls and Spurs might be the two best teams.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I love my Spurs ticket to win it all right now. Looking a lot like Dallas last year.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    I love my Spurs ticket to win it all right now. Looking a lot like Dallas last year.
    Yeah. I'm sure if I made the exact same thread about Dallas last year people would be like, "Is this a joke?"

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

they just know how to play this season more consistently than other teams, they have the vets who know how to play solid most nights, not play stupid... not take hardly any nights off. coaching is still superb too. they have even had to basically give up a loss or 2 because of the schedule... and still right behind OKC

but yeah, they r hot... Cavs r SHIT right now, that's why i pumped the Spurs today for easy money

t-wizzle

Miami is the best team.

BigD you put way too much stock into the regular season. How long have you been watching basketball? The playoffs are a different animal.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thunder and Heat are the finalists in my eyes. Spurs are playing good no doubt but will they get it done in a series, I can't see them knocking off your thunder in the west. I have serious doubts on whether we will beat the Heat, even with Rose back I do not like our chances. Memphis are definitely one to watch

BigDofBA

Miami is the best team.

BigD you put way too much stock into the regular season. How long have you been watching basketball? The playoffs are a different animal.
    How do I put too much stock into the regular season?

Also, last time I checked, the Spurs had the 4th best record. So basically, I'm saying I think the team with the 4th best record is the best team in the NBA. Based on that, I don't see how you can say I put way too much stock into the regular season.

In addition, I disagree with all the people that say the regular season doesn't matter. If the regular season doesn't matter, why have 22 of the past 30 NBA champions been a #1 seed?

For people that say it doesn't matter, it sure seemed to matter to Jordan when the Bulls were winning 70 games and Kobe/Shaq when the Lakers were winning three in a row.

So the regular season doesn't matter yet nearly 70% of the teams that have won it all in the past 30 years have been the best team during the regular season? That makes no sense.

t-wizzle

What exactly do you really like about San Antonio? And was this thread initiated by tonight's win?

BigDofBA

What exactly do you really like about San Antonio? And was this thread initiated by tonight's win?
    There is no way in hell this thread was initiated by a win over the Cavs. I've been high on the Spurs for a while and have posted so in several of my threads.

The Spurs own my Thunder. They match up well and Parker slices and dices our defense, dishes out to shooters, they bomb us. So basically, I think the Spurs will get out of the West and if they get a matchup with Chicago, I think they will win.

If people disagree with me it's cool. That's part of the reason I created this thread.

I feel like Greg Popovich would out coach Erik Spolestra big time. Heck, Rick Carlisle did it last year.

t-wizzle

San Antonio's problem is that with Duncan at this stage in his career, they are over-matched in the frontcourt. Blair is a nice player and a bull down low but he's short for his position. Please nobody try and give me Tiago Splitter

The Spurs get a lot of open shots in the regular season and they have guys who can knock them down but those shots aren't quite as open in the playoffs.

BigDofBA

San Antonio's problem is that with Duncan at this stage in his career, they are over-matched in the frontcourt. Blair is a nice player and a bull down low but he's short for his position. Please nobody try and give me Tiago Splitter

The Spurs get a lot of open shots in the regular season and they have guys who can knock them down but those shots aren't quite as open in the playoffs.
    Good points. We will see. It will depend on the matchups come post-season time.