t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The Thunder have dominated the Lakers twice this season and almost beat them in the playoffs two years ago. What makes you think LA would beat OKC in the playoffs?

OKC has better players and a better coach.

I could see the Spurs beating us or possibly Memphis but not LA.

I'm pretty sure Dallas won it all
    last year. Are they not a jump shooting team?

Durant and Westbrook can get to the rim. I don't know if I buy ino this notion that OKC is a jump shooting team only.
    Dallas won last year because of their defense and their depth but mostly because Nowitzki was so good down the stretch of games. And the majority of the time he was getting the ball at the elbow or somewhere within 16 feet of the basket and backing down his guy or very often taking it to the rim.

The Lakers show year in and year out that the regular season isn't that big of a deal. They always drop games like this to the other good teams. Also, they are in a transition mode with Sessions at the point. In the playoffs though I will always take the team with the better big men and right now the Lakers have a center who is capable of dominating down low and another 7 footer who just so happens to put up 15-20 on a regular basis and grabs plenty of boards. Helps that he can pass the ball well too especially with another big guy down there with him.

Good defenders know how to frustrate Durant. All you have to do is get up on him and stay close. How many times did we see Tony Allen push him out almost to the halfcourt line just to get the ball in that Memphis series last year. It's nice to have a guy like Ibaka who can defend the rim but other than that OKC's frontcourt stinks.

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

BigD - watch the last couple minutes of the game where Lakers clinch - Thunder had a real shot at taking that series and his poor decision making down the stretch pissed the game away, watch all the long 2's he takes instead of creating for KD. Then watch the game where thunder coughed up the 17 pt. lead against Dallas. He's a world-class talent, but, emotionally he is still far too volatile. His success in "big" regular season games is only Going to provide him withadditional confidence and motivation going in. This is detrimental as he will want to erase those bad memories with his success rather then team success. Until they get a pg who can llog real minutes (or play through harden, which they did for a bit) and manage him a bit (kd does this now) he is going to ccontinue to fail long term under pressure. Easily one of the top individual talents in the game but he still does not have nearly a clue towards how to manage a game from the point guard position - championship teams have a natural feel for one another on the court - There are STILL major trust issues on the court for the Thunder beneath the surface.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SteelRain

burchfield
    burchfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Lakers are too old to get up for a game. Lakers are old news. Let's not over exam everything because at best we are arm chair champions not on the court playing
    Last edited by burchfield; 03-30-12 at 12:24 PM.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

lakerboy...just throwing this out there...I'll give you 2x1 odds on any 1 team to beat the Thunder in the West. 50 points to 100 points. You can pick 1 team in the west you think will beat them, if you're right I give you 100, wrong you give me 50. Just throwing it out there.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i was talking about # 1 seeds out of the west.
    What does that matter?

The fact that a #1 seed has won 22 our of the last 30 championships show that the regular season does matter and is a good indicator of who the best teams are.

To say that the regular season only matters to Eastern Conference teams is a bit absurd IMO.

There is a reason why teams that dominate during the regular season like the Bulls, Spurs, and Lakers, have won 12 othe last 16 championships.

AntDaAZN
    Check Spreadsheet for my plays.
    AntDaAZN's Avatar Become A Pro!

As young as the Thunder are, they gots quite a bit of playoff experience and if they can share the ball a lil bit more, its only gonna get them better. That's something scary to think about for oposing teams come playoffs.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Bigdofba I know you are a okc fan. I think they have a great core of players but I just see them as one of those teams that people will look back and say "wow how come they didn't win a title or more titles".

BigDofBA

Bigdofba I know you are a okc fan. I think they have a great core of players but I just see them as one of those teams that people will look back and say "wow how come they didn't win a title or more titles".
    We will see. I don't think we're going to win it this year anyway. I don't even think we will win the West. With that said, we still have a ton of upside and we are really good for how young we are.

BigDofBA

Would someone please tell the Thunder the first round of the playoffs don't mean anything! Why are they trying so hard? LOL.

BigDofBA

A 4-0 sweep of the defending champs in the first round.

OKC is the first team in the second round. Can someone tell this team to quit playing so hard????

t-wizzle

You act like Dallas was a good team

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    You act like Dallas was a good team
    Everyone was acting like OKC wasn't a good team. Also, I'm happy my team is on to the second round.

t-wizzle

Lol no. No one ever acted like Okc wasn't a good team.

BigDofBA

Lol no. No one ever acted like Okc wasn't a good team.
    Well, really I'm just pumped that we're going to the second round and have a chance to go deeper so I hope no one takes it personal.

With that said, we have a legit chance at making a serious run. We made it to the conference finals last year and we are a better team this year!

That's why it drives me nuts when people say we won't win because we are a jump shooting team or we won't win because we aren't mentally tough.

If coming back from 14 points down in the 4th quarter against the defending champs in a series clinching game isn't mentally tough, please explain to me what is?

BigDofBA

So we are now 5-0 in the playoffs against the two previous NBA champions.

Can someone please tell this team to quit playing so hard?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

The more threads you bump the more that will be bumped when / if OKC lose.

Why you take these threads so personally? it's like you are on the team or something

t-wizzle

You are so annoying.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

Why you take these threads so personally? it's like you are on the team or something
    No need to say if. They won't make it to the finals.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

I don't care if threads are bumped nor do I expect OKC to win every playoff game.

BigDofBA

thats not true. okc isnt as good as people think.
    This is the reason I keep bumping threads like this.

What does it take for people to admit OKC is an elite team? Do we have to go 16-0 in the playoffs? It's nothing against Lakerboy personally, it's just this board in general.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Spurs win the West. Come on man.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Spurs win the West. Come on man.
    The Spurs probably do win the West. How many times do I have to say that? With that said, OKC is a top 4 team in the league.

BigDofBA

OKC is now 6-0 in the playoffs against the previous two champs.

I'll be happy to get 1 of 2 in LA.

lakerboy

Bigdofba are you going to bump this when the spurs knock your team out and put you out at the same stage as last year?

BigDofBA

Bigdofba are you going to bump this when the spurs knock your team out and put you out at the same stage as last year?
    If that happens I will bump it. Are you already conceeding that the Thunder will in the Conference Finals?

Obvioulsy the regular season measns something since you're already conceeding it will be the #1 seed against the #2 seed. Even if the Thunder lose to the Spurs, they have proved they are one of the best teams in the league. Are people just going to shrug off getting to the conference finals when the team is as young as they are? San Antonio and LA are getting old. The Thunder will be around for a while.

When the Cardinals got into the playoffs some guy made a thread that they had 0 chance and would get swept in the first round. It was pretty fun bumping that thread all the way to a world championsip.

Series after series, no one gave the Cards a chance and they kept winning. Hopefully that happens here.

Anyway, I'm just saying that the regular season does mean something and you are wrong when you say it doesn't.

The Spurs and Thunder are 11-0 in the playoffs.

lakerboy

I never said la would win this series.

BigDofBA

I never said la would win this series.
    I never said you did.

You did say the regular season is meaningless though. If it's so meaningless, Why are the top two teams 11-0?

You're predicting the #1 and #2 seeds to play each other now with the #1 seed advancing yet you said the regular season was meaningless.

t-wizzle

I said I'd take Lakers in a playoff series over Thunder.

BigDofBA

I said I'd take Lakers in a playoff series over Thunder.
    Finally. Someone with some balls.

It's ok to be wrong. I'm wrong all the time. Likewise, it's not like you're stupid for liking a team with experience over a team with youth.

This thread is more of a tradition good luck thing for me anyway.

t-wizzle

Finally. Someone with some balls.

It's ok to be wrong. I'm wrong all the time. Likewise, it's not like you're stupid for liking a team with experience over a team with youth.

This thread is more of a tradition good luck thing for me anyway.
    If Lakers had won tonight we never know what would have happened. We still don't know what's going to happen although Thunder look to be a in great shape.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Series is 2-0. Period.

BigDofBA

If Lakers had won tonight we never know what would have happened. We still don't know what's going to happen although Thunder look to be a in great shape.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Series is 2-0. Period.
    It's not over, although I think this loss is more crushing for the Lakers than game 1 was. Likewise, I was more impressed after this game than I was the 29 point win Monday. You have to be able to win games you play like shit in.

OKC needs to win one in LA. That's all. Anything else is gravy. You don't want to come home 2-2 with all the pressure on you to win game 5. With that said, can the Lakers rebound from this?

BigDofBA

Can someone remind the Lakers game 3 means nothing? I kid, I kid.

6-1 in the playoffs.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can someone remind the Lakers game 3 means nothing? I kid, I kid.

6-1 in the playoffs.
    harden is crazy playing so few minutes but like a dozen free throws or something alone

BigDofBA

Can someone remind Faker fans that we have beat their ass 5 out of 7 games and game three was a fluke? The only reason they won was because the refs gave them 41 points at the free throw line and still, they only won by 3.

OKC 7-1 in the playoffs. Spurs 8-0

Regular season means nothin?

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I would remind the Thunder that the regular season means squat, however they're a bit busy right now.

First 123 Last