SnickerDoodles
    SnickerDoodles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting your favorite team?

Im a die hard miami sports fan. I can never lay off the heat. I will see the heat at -3, and will jump on them, only to lose on then again for like the 5th straight time. Anybody have this problem of betting your favorite team?

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Bad idea... I am a Yankee fan and its hard to judge them properly

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I don't like to do it but I have at some times. I was 1-3 when betting on the Eagles this year and 1-6 when betting on Flyers. I really have to lay off of it.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

you should have a good feel for your hometown team, My illini can be super easy to cap when things are just right

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I dont have a problem betting on them too much... I rarely will bet against them though even if I think its the right play

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I refuse to bet on the Ravens.
    If I ever bet the game it is against them. That way if they win I am happy and if they lose I made some money.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerDoodles View Post
    Im a die hard miami sports fan. I can never lay off the heat. I will see the heat at -3, and will jump on them, only to lose on then again for like the 5th straight time. Anybody have this problem of betting your favorite team?
    You're simply doing your part to help them win, pal. Fight the good fight, brother.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Whichever team I bet is my favorite team

spell
    spell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    I refuse to bet on the Ravens.
    If I ever bet the game it is against them. That way if they win I am happy and if they lose I made some money.
    There was an article on Covers, I think, a while back about a Pittsburgh Pirates fan who faded them for an entire season because he wanted to at least make a little scratch if he had to suffer through all their losses. He finished up, though not by a lot, iirc.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    you should have a good feel for your hometown team, My illini can be super easy to cap when things are just right
    I never bet against the ILLINI, I won't bet the game but can't ever do that. Brock, show us the smirk!

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I won't do it. Can't bet against your team. In the past I would put small money against my team. I would call it a win-win. If my team wins, perfect. If my team loses, make small coin. Lol

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I am a big time sucker for this. I have recently stopped betting as often on the Lakers as I use to but only because they are so damn unpredictable. I NEVER bet against them. I always like the action though so usually I will have some sorta action on the game while I watch it, either in way of a quarter, halftime, or prop bet, if I don't like Lakers for the game. Lakers are a horrible team to bet so it sucks them being my team knowing I am getting screwed a little on the lines every game.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

My favourite team is the on who produced the most units for me the previous week.