Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

anyone wager on EURO League basketball ?

I dabble with it, mostly because i am a Andre Karalinko fan ( AK 47 ) former NBA guy who plays for CSKA team, they have covered several in a row, so i was dabbling with other teams and hitting FAVs , so yesterday early i thought i would try a dog and got skunked but rolled back and doubled down on the FAV on the Tel Aviv team and won, barely

CSKA is the early game, i see -8.5 and -115 juice, my book is tweaking my line and juice i think

anyone got any Euro League insight?

Rawinz
    Rawinz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4498

CSKA team is rested, Bilbao had to play double OT this weekend and travel.

CSKA is really solid and there won't be easy points for Bilbao.
    CSKA got 2 strong center , keepin high pressure on the defence all the time.
    Lack of energy of Bilbao can be seen by lost offensive rebounding in their last 2 games (14-3 vs CSKA and 18-7 vs Cajasol) and as Cajasol was poor in the paint , so they didn't score many second chance points, but CSKA exploits most of such opportunities.

CSKA in last 13 games (RBL, VTB , EL) , 12 times won by double digit.

CSKA(-7.5) is the play.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Bilbao will most likely lose again. If CSKA want to do it, then it will hammer Bilbao and beat them by 20. I won't touch this game myself.

Olympiacos - Siena

Series tied 1-1. First 2 games at Italy, Olympiacos won the first game and it almost won the second (81-80 loss) after covering the margin at the last period (14-27 4thQ score).
    Siena is a much better team with depth on the bench, while Olympiacos is a young team with much energy and athletisism, utilizing its muscles and passion grabbing more than 12 offensive rebs per game (leading the competition at this stat-category).

Olympiacos is 7-1 at home. Only loss by CSKA.
    Siena is 6-2 on the road!!
    Olympiacos is playing much better at home, but Siena is the team that destroyed Real a month ago in Madrid.

For me... Siena is a better team and i guess they can win at least one game in Greece and take the home court advantage back.
    Siena has to control the rebs and manage to slow down Olympiacos's pace. They are more clever, more experienced and more effective.
    They will win tonight. I expect a huge performance by Siena's players.

I bet on Siena ML and Siena -3 (2.90 @bet365)

If this lose, i will repeat my bet on Friday. Good Luck

tullamore21
    Update your status

Olympiacos - Siena game seems to be an UNDER game too, but it might be close and the "european tactics" will give many free throws last minute, a factor that scares me here.

Sniperpicks

GESCRAP +8½-115

50 / 44
    I took the dog, real small, i figured my book was twisting my line

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Toughest time to bet Euroball - Just like the final rounds of the NBA playoffs... at least in my opinion...

tullamore21
    Update your status

top16 and playoffs is the best time to bet on euroleague for me.

And bet CSKA to win it all from now... it's too low, but the Russians are 10 times better than every other team

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    top16 and playoffs is the best time to bet on euroleague for me.

And bet CSKA to win it all from now... it's too low, but the Russians are 10 times better than every other team
    I watched them all year and I agree on CSKA... it's my first year betting this so I'm just being cautious with what i think are tough lines...

First few rounds blowouts everywhere to be found...

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I am way hit or miss on all foreign basketball. I will seriously hit ten in a row then lose ten in a row. I was 0-4 yesterday so hopefully I am turning today.

tullamore21
    Update your status

tonight at Piece and Friendship Stadium, the atmosphere will be something close to a soccer game.
    Worth watching it!

Sniperpicks

THE STAKES

Round 4 of the enchanting battle of Euroleague heavyweights is practically for it all. A Maccabi victory sends the Israeli champs to the Final Four for the ninth time in 13 years, knocks out the defending champs and ensures that it remains the only team to repeat as Euroleague champion over the past quarter century. A Panathinaikos victory forces a Game 5 in Athens next week, where the Greens would surely be the favorites to win and march on to Istanbul. By winning the last two games, Maccabi leads the all-time series 15-13.

INJURIES

Maccabi’s reserve guard Jon Scheyer left the team and traveled to the United States due to personal reasons. His return for the playoffs is doubtful. Panathinaikos coach Zeljko Obradovic has a full squad at his disposal.

THE TAKE

The first three games of this series already have it going down as one of the great playoff series in Euroleague history. And amazingly, not one game has been like any other. Panathinaikos dominated Maccabi from the start in Game and coasted to a 93-73 win. In Game 2, the contest was close throughout and Maccabi needed overtime and the hot shooting of David Blu to eke out a 92-94 win in Athens. The series came to Tel Aviv for Game 3 and Maccabi dominated early and led by 13 at halftime, before Panathinaikos turned the tables and clawed its way back to within 1. The Greens had a clean look for Nick Calathes to tie the game with a three-pointer in the closing seconds, but he missed and Maccabi grabbed control of the best-of-five series, 2-1. After such different games, there is no doubt that both coaches will try to find new ways to impact the outcome in Game 4, though by now the players are all quite familiar with one another. For Maccabi, the big revelation in the series has been the outstanding play of rookie point guard Yogev Ohayon. Small forward Devin Smith has also played well, but its leading scorer from the first two games, Keith Langford, was held to just 4 points in Game 3. Panathinaikos has been successful in limiting the impact of big men Sofoklis Schortsanitis and Lior Eliyahu thus far. Panathinaikos stars Dimitris Diamantidis and Mike Batiste have produces solid numbers thus far, but few in the supporting cast have matched them, though reserve center Ian Vougioukas came off the bench for 11 points in 11 minutes on Tuesday. But former Maccabi start Sarunas Jasikevicius, who was quite effective off the bench for Panathinaikos in Games 1 and 2, had no impact in Game 3. Another big problem the Greens must solve for Game 4 is outside shooting, which at 3 of 14 (21.4%) Tuesday was its second-worst of the season. With the rowdy Nokia Arena crowd behind it in addition to the momentum of the last two games, Maccabi may be a slight favorite for Game 4, but you cannot underestimate the heart of a champion, and that is what Panathinaikos is unless someone knocks it out. Will that happen Thursday?

I am thinking TEL AVIV -1 ?

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

You made the right call taking Bilbao yesterday. What a blowout that one was! The books probably made a lot off that one!

You've got to try and understand the psychology of these teams at this point in the season. It's hard to bet on Euroleague games by taking into consideration their performance in their national leagues.

These last few games have been interesting to say the least. Today's game has been good so far and I'm curious to see tomorrow's.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post
    You made the right call taking Bilbao yesterday. What a blowout that one was! The books probably made a lot off that one!

You've got to try and understand the psychology of these teams at this point in the season. It's hard to bet on Euroleague games by taking into consideration their performance in their national leagues.

These last few games have been interesting to say the least. Today's game has been good so far and I'm curious to see tomorrow's.

Like soccer it's a completely different strat to figure out how teams will come out when most of the top teams are in 2-3 leagues including their domestic ones... I followed CEZ Nymburk alot this year, but didn't know when to get off their bandwagon after a blazing first half... would be rich today if I had known the overkill of games was going to tank them out in the end... They sheit the bed huge down the stretch....

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

So, how do you think Bilbao vs CSKA will unfold? Any key players injured?

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    So, how do you think Bilbao vs CSKA will unfold? Any key players injured?
    Do you mean for today? I don't think anything has changed, but I haven't checked.