bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

2nd Half Clippers -3???????????Stealing

this bet is like stealing...clippers win by 15+ GUARANTEED!

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Hornets cover the +3

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

what a ridiculous last few mins of the game. Under and Clips 2H got robbed big time.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This is why bets like this are hard to win.

In Lakerboy's thread I predicted the Clippers would get a lead over 20 at some point. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that LA would then sit their starters. When they did they the Hornets went on a 13-0 run.

I figured New Orleans might keep it close but even if they didn't I would have a good shot to cover because the Clippers would sit their players and the Hornets would keep playing.

I had a bit of luck but I'll take it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

In Lakerboy's thread I predicted the Clippers would get a lead over 20 at some point. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that LA would then sit their starters. When they did they the Hornets went on a 13-0 run.

I figured New Orleans might keep it close but even if they didn't I would have a good shot to cover because the Clippers would sit their players and the Hornets would keep playing.

Isn't it amazing how often it comes right down to the last shot in the NBA with these bets too? Coincidence?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need to start keeping stats on what pct of threads that include titles like "Lock of the year", use ALL CAPS, or claim that it is Free $$$$!!! end up being losers.

PR9

If you were confident in that scenario then you must have bet Clippers 3rd Q , and Hornets 4th Q

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Isn't it amazing how often it comes right down to the last shot in the NBA with these bets too? Coincidence?
    No. That means the books are doing a great job setting their lines.

PR9

Quarter betting >>>>> Half betting

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    No. That means the books are doing a great job setting their lines.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It's hilarious because the Clippers were up 27 in the 4th quarter yet I kept watching thinking I had a good chance to win. LOL.

I've lost so many games when it looked like there was no way I was going to lose it's ridiculous. So basically the Hornets are getting dominated all over the court and miraculously they do just enough at the end to cover the second half spread.

I even predicted this shit. I said the Clippers would get up 20 but probably not cover and it would come down the last shot to decide if they won by 11 or 9. The Clippers were only up 9 when the hit a shot with like 23 seconds left. Had they missed that the Hornets would have covered the original spread after being down 27 in the 4th.

Unreal. I'm pretty sure there were like 30 points scored in the final 6 minutes of the game. When the ref called back to back offensive fouls on the Clippers during the Hornets run I knew I was probably good.

Likewise, the Hornets stole the ball and got a dunk. The Clippers called timeout. Then when we got back after the commercial break the Hornets were shooting a free throw despite the fact that I didn't see or hear a foul called. LOL. The announcers were like, "well I guess he got fouled on that last play."

I swear it's like I'm watching a movie when I watch the NBA.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It's hilarious because the Clippers were up 27 in the 4th quarter yet I kept watching thinking I had a good chance to win. LOL.

I've lost so many games when it looked like there was no way I was going to lose it's ridiculous. So basically the Hornets are getting dominated all over the court and miraculously they do just enough at the end to cover the second half spread.

I even predicted this shit. I said the Clippers would get up 20 but probably not cover and it would come down the last shot to decide if they won by 11 or 9. The Clippers were only up 9 when the hit a shot with like 23 seconds left. Had they missed that the Hornets would have covered the original spread after being down 27 in the 4th.

Unreal. I'm pretty sure there were like 30 points scored in the final 6 minutes of the game. When the ref called back to back offensive fouls on the Clippers during the Hornets run I knew I was probably good.

Likewise, the Hornets stole the ball and got a dunk. The Clippers called timeout. Then when we got back after the commercial break the Hornets were shooting a free throw despite the fact that I didn't see or hear a foul called. LOL. The announcers were like, "well I guess he got fouled on that last play."

I swear it's like I'm watching a movie when I watch the NBA.
    Be careful -- NBA betting purists will be ready to don you with a tin-foil hat for pointing this stuff out.

Frisco

"I swear it's like I'm watching a movie when I watch the NBA."

I think that is all professional sports. I don't want to sound like I think i'm some kind of Nostradamus but I called the Mavs beating the Heat and Giants beating the Pats in the finals last year while the seasons were only about 2/3s the way over for each of the 2 sports. Sometimes you can just see this stuff coming

BigDofBA

The Clippers look sluggish. They'll probably get a 20 point lead at some point but I doubt they cover. GL.

Watch the final possession decide if La wins by 9 or 11.....
    Here are my quotes at halftime. I've seen this story way too many times.

I also love how Penny kept the Hornets at +2.5 and juiced LA -2.5 while every other book had the Clippers at -3. They do this all the time. They give you a better number with more juice and it always seems to lose. Its like the know.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I think that is all professional sports. I don't want to sound like I think i'm some kind of Nostradamus but I called the Mavs beating the Heat and Giants beating the Pats in the finals last year while the seasons were only about 2/3s the way over for each of the 2 sports. Sometimes you can just see this stuff coming
    I think you and Big D are talking about two different things there.

BigDofBA

I can see that but I'm talking about something different.

When you have teams dominate for 90% of the game and then the other team out scores them by 14 in the final minutes to cover you have to wonder. Plus pointless fouling with like 6 seconds left happens all the time and it always seems to effect the total or spread.

I had the Pistons +7.5. They have the ball down 7 with 6 seconds left. Shoot, miss, I get ready to cash my ticket only to see Jarebko or whatever the **** his name is bear hug the other team's player with like 2.1 left. I lose by .5.

I've also had totals that were on pace to go way over and there are litterally 28 points in the 4th quarter and it goes under by 1.

Happens nightly.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

another big win. thanks

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Bradleysnyder = LolMCwinsey