nitetrain
    nitetrain's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 hitter quitter with a bonus 2 for 1

im just going to keep the bAll rolling after a 3-1 day....just capping 1 game ....2 bets....and the winner is.....

under det/cle.....

since 6/2/07 ..the last eight times these two have met ,the favorite has covered su and ats wise at a remarkable 8-0 clip...since 11/25/07 ..the total has went under the number 7-0...yet after sum serious handicapping and a few tokes of that hydroponic...all signs started pointing to the over which is now set to 177.5 ......my reasons at first for pulling for the over was that detroit is far from the defensive minded championship caliber team of the old days....shit if u take a look at the defensive catergories ..both teams gives up a total of 186 overall....home/away they give up 183....last 5 games they avg 183....both teams on 1 day rest avg up to 185 defensively....the last 5 games on the road detroit has given up 100,the last 5 games at home cleveland has given up 87 for a total of 187....so one would have to say that over is the play right? Wrong....here is why the under is the play....

earlier this year in detroit,the total was set at 190 which went under the number...so then in the second game in detroit ,the oddsmakers brought the total down further to 179.5 which went under the number again...so when they played their 3rd game in cleveland the total was set at 180.5 ,which fell under yet again....which brings us to todays game which is the 4th game of the year where the total has fallen again to 178.5 which was the opening number...but the main shit that has caught my eye ....is that 97% is on the over in this game yet the total has fallen once again to 177.5 right now.thats what u call a reverse line movement...therfore the pick would be to fade the public and take the under....as u know i love buying insurance so the pick will be -

under 179.5 for 2 units ......

oh before i forget the bonus pick is cleveland first qtr..cleveland has the edge offensively (7pts) and defensively(2pts) in the first qtr....not to mention that rasheed wallace is set to return to the starting line up after an 11 day vacation....detroit should come out the gates slower than cleveland while they look 2 find their chemistry and let r.wallace get the dust off his feet...if u wanna take advantage with cleveland then the 1st qtr would be the one 2 do it in.....

2 for 1 pick: Under 179.5(with a 2point buy)....and cle 1st qtr (whatever the number)....now i command u 2 get that money homies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you'll be alright with these two picks. You know that Detroit is going to cover the game spread though...

cocknocker

Man don't you just love how the REAL handicappers can make a call the night before? Man that's what I'm talking about. No one can touch my wrecking crew

nitetrain

i feel u ck ...detroit is a very very very dangerous team going into the playoffs....i thought iverson, wallace,and hamilton was just gone lay down and quit....but they proved me wrong and will prove a lotta mu****as wrong when they get they chemistry back....detroit is one team i wouldnt bet against....4real....the fact that they neva dropped out the playoff race without three of their starters says a hellova lot.its on now.

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Hey guys
    Over here where I am (Greece) the line for the under in the Detroit game is at 177.5 with bwin.
    I don't know if I should take it. What do you think?

Also the spread is at Detroit +9.5
    What do you think about that one?

I already took Denver at -12.

I'm going to take the Hornets-Kings game for under which here is now at 201.5.

I'd appreciate some input on these and anything else you think of. Over here information is hard to come by.

By the way, congratulations to the three of you guys in your competition. You were all great, but there has to be a winner. Congratulations to you too CK for winning it.
    It was fun to watch.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I like Cleveland in the 1st quarter and covering for the game. The ov/un looks about right and will be very close. I'd lean the over because both teams have been known to have defensive lapses at times.

dreday
    dreday's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow. excellent writeup and nice job last night!!!!!

nitetrain

vreston....if u have a computer then u have all the information u need....the sites i use as a study guide is covers.com,sportsinsights.com,thespread. com,winningedge.com,statfox.com,donbest. com,sportsandodds.com,even sbr forum.com has some good shit....and whereever a game is played i look at the news in that city to get some solid info...cant forget about....nba.com,nfl.com,etc.

cocknocker

Damn Mac4Lyfe, who's the girl in the avatar? She's smokin!

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Thanks Nite for the sites!

My main problem is finding a channel to watch games. Last year on satellite I could get NASN (North American Sports Network) and I was in TV heaven. I watched live baseball after years. NCAA, NFL, etc. etc. Something like ESPN. But just after the baseball playoffs it got cut off. I had to go through something like TV detox. At least the Cubs and Sox didn't go to the world series or I would've gone crazy because I was in Chicago all my life till I came here. Right now I have to stay up till after 3am to get anything live on some sports channels I get on satellite!

But what do you guys think about my question above?

Anyway the short time I have been here at SBR you guys have been a great help bcs I try to squeeze in a little time for this between work and family and by reading your posts you have helped a lot.

By the way CK, I have been thinking the same thing about Mac4Lyfe's avatar ever since I saw it!

cocknocker

Woof, woof!