brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

3/25 Wizards at Boston (-10)

Wizards had a pretty ruthless session against Atlanta tonight and even though they lost they fought pretty hard the whole way and then trying to sustain in the end. Pretty tiring I'm sure. Now they face Boston in Boston on a b2b tomorrow who's looking to maintain in the East and coming off a day of rest after having lost to Philly the other night.

Wizards have been playing pretty tough lately, but I think Boston should come through on the -10. Anyone else have any thoughts?

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

id take wiz here..boston has nobody downlow and i can see NENE having a field day against the small celtics lineup

brainfreeze0

Tough call between Nene and Hill. Wizards have been impressing me as of late, but I'm still not completely sold on them. Celtics havent been to impressive either mind you. Tough call

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

First home game after a very long road trip usually means a letdown (look at MIL the other night, DET last night vs Miami looked dead at home after a long west coast road trip, etc etc)

I'll still decide for sure but right now I'm leaning with the points. Boston will probably beat em but not sure if they'll have the energy to go all out and beat them by double-digits

brainfreeze0

Yeah thats what im afraid of too. 10 points is a lot and Wizards seem to be covering a lot lately. Boston tends to get lazy as the game goes on.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Middle game of a b2b2b for Washington.

I haven't kept track of the middle games of the b2b2b's, but I've noticed how much teams are struggling to cover in the middle game. Here are a few middle games of b2b2b's that I can remember:

- SA didn't cover in the middle game today against New Orleans today
    - Indiana didn't cover in the middle game and lost SU to Phoenix yesterday
    - Clipps didn't cover in the middle game against Indi last week
    - Dallas didn't cover in the middle game against Sacramento a few weeks ago

Just a few off the top of my head. Bucks did cover yesterday in the middle game, but I don't count that because it was against the Bobcats.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Lean Boston. Didnt bost blow out portland the next game after losing to the 76ers. I know last game 76ers won by 31 compared to last games 13pt loss, but i believe boston can catch Wiz in the middle of a b2b2b

Speedy88

This line is crazy. Only a ridiculous spread like +10 is going to get 75% on Washington. We are talking about Boston, one of the publics favorite teams, and the Wizards, a team that rarely gets backed by more than 65% of the public.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

I will buy even more than that spread I would say Wiz +7.5

PR9

Washington covered six of last seven games, losing last two by total of five points

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Boston aint gonna cover no 10pts the way they've been playing lately. Playoffs coming soon so typical time to fade boston.

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I think Boston probably wins the game, but I agree 10 points is a lot to cover for them especially. I'd feel better if it was 6 or 7 points...

-Judge

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

wizards are still the wizards, prove it time and time again...proved it last night. celtics in a blowout...15-20 point win.

Judgejoebrwn

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    wizards are still the wizards, prove it time and time again...proved it last night. celtics in a blowout...15-20 point win.
    The Celts have beat the Wiz 3 times already this season and NONE were by 10+. And Boston's first game back from like an 8-game road trip? No way they win by 15-20 imo.

-Judge

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    First home game after a very long road trip usually means a letdown (look at MIL the other night, DET last night vs Miami looked dead at home after a long west coast road trip, etc etc)

I'll still decide for sure but right now I'm leaning with the points. Boston will probably beat em but not sure if they'll have the energy to go all out and beat them by double-digits
    In this type of situation, Boston is liable to lose straight up. The Wiz are in a good spot here. Plus Boston have never beaten them by more than 8 pts this season.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I think you're wrong here. I've seen lots of games this season with teams back from a long road trip just get crushed at the first game at home. Even players admit that the first game home after a long road trip is the worse. Even worse than being on the road sometimes.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    I think you're wrong here. I've seen lots of games this season with teams back from a long road trip just get crushed at the first game at home. Even players admit that the first game home after a long road trip is the worse. Even worse than being on the road sometimes.
    yeah their minds are not on basketball most of the time. They come home after 2 weeks sleeping in strange hotel beds and in planes. Then come home and have kids to attend and give attention to after being away for so long. Have to hit the shopping mall for a few hours to buy some gifts for the kids and stand in long lines. Family matters and commitments need to be taken care of and/or arranged. Wives and girlfriends need to be banged after being away for a week or two. Other routine shit needs to be done and taken care of, just like anyone else who's away from home and family after 2 weeks.

remember they're human and not robots. And basketball is only a part of their lives, not all of their lives. Their minds are totally on other things besides basketball when they touch down at that airport... and then oh, we have a game to play tonight

next thing you know you're down 15 pts in the middle of the 1st half

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    not playing but here.

food for thought

The C's have won all 3 prior meetings with Washington this season, and they have also won 3 straight at home in the series by an average of 18.3 points. Boston has also won 6 of its last 7 at home against the Wizards with those 6 wins coming by an average of 15.2 points.

Nothing has motivated the C's quite like a loss to a division rival in recent years. In fact, they are 9-0 ATS off a loss to a division foe over the last 3 seasons. They have won by an average of 12.7 points in these games. The Celtics are also 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games and 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.

The Wizards, who are coming off a tough loss to Atlanta yesterday, are 9-20 ATS in their last 29 games when their starting 5 players combine for more than 160 minutes the previous day. They are also 8-18 ATS in their last 26 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5 points. Bet Boston.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

UNDER is LOCK OF A LIFETIME look how that back number is goin down bro bet under TRUST ME

Judgejoebrwn

The C's have won all 3 prior meetings with Washington this season, and they have also won 3 straight at home in the series by an average of 18.3 points. Boston has also won 6 of its last 7 at home against the Wizards with those 6 wins coming by an average of 15.2 points.
    I personally feel anything from a previous season is inadmissable. This season is Boston's worst season in the past 5 years, so you have to think they're just not quite as good as they used to be. The only home game this season that they played and beat Washington was by 8 points and I'm sure that wasn't after 8 games on the road. And it still wasn't 10 points.

The Wizards, who are coming off a tough loss to Atlanta yesterday, are 9-20 ATS in their last 29 games when their starting 5 players combine for more than 160 minutes the previous day.
    Statistics like these always crack me up. It's like some stats I see shown at the bottom of the screen during a game that'll say something crazy like "The Heat have won their last 5 games when up at halftime by more than 3 points against a Western conference team on a back to back". Who the hell keeps track of all these crazy, unimportant stats that have almost no bearing on anything? One of these days, we're going to see things like "Lebron has yet to be called for travelling in any road game against a .400 or worse team in which the refs were all 50-years-of-age or older". I'm just waiting...

Recent trends per team or global trends across the board are really all you can use to make informed decisions. Not saying you're going to be wrong in your opinion, but I think the "debate points" favor the Wizards.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

yes PR9. Don't have actual stats but human nature C's focused bigtime trying to endure this roadtrip. Now they come home get back with mama and take care of 2 weeks undone business. I agree angle for long road trip returning home says letdown.

On Wash here even though they're Wash which maybe is another plus as C's figuring cruise. GL

Speedy88

middle game of a b2b2b. Good luck WASH.

jmbbarata
    nhl
    jmbbarata's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wizards

It was bad the last period of them yestarday,14 points !!!,I lost 20 euros ,today they will defeat for a diference at least 15 points

brainfreeze0

Maybe take Wizards first half. They seem to lose steam in the last half

PR9

Nene is OUT

I'm leaving this game alone

brainfreeze0

Nene is OUT

Ouch, no kidding. I feel bad if anyone put any money down not knowing that

Azzurri
    Azzurri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Nene is OUT

no shit u r..its 6:08 the game is gone at 6:05...pffft

brainfreeze0

Some people only live bet to get a feel for a team after tip off

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Under

Judgejoebrwn

Boston did it, albeit a last minute Nene outtage and a career high performance from Avery Bradley. So it goes.

GoBlue77

like i said boys....wizards are the wizards.

CASH IT BABY

brainfreeze0

Didnt play that game, but had Nene been there would have been a whole different ballgame. Pretty sick last minute news for everyone who took Washington

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    Didnt play that game, but had Nene been there would have been a whole different ballgame. Pretty sick last minute news for everyone who took Washington
    They got me (Nene). Even so Boston (less Bradley) did everything they could to not cover.