4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fading Fisherless Fakers

With Kobe's bud being demoted to Houston, reminds me of when the Celtics demoted Perkins. These teams are not the same, and teammates who are close to the ones being demoted can only naturally be upset. Wouldn't the Lakers be far superior now with Odom & Fisher, like the Celtics would be with Perkins and Big Baby Davis? These teams to me are not in the running. Lakers are 9 and 15 on the road, plus just lost SU at home as an 11 pt fave to Utah, then lost SU as a fave on the road in Houston. If you can't beat Utah at home, or the Rockets, how are you going to beat Dallas who took care of a hot Spurrs team and then won in Denver by 17?

Dallas -4 seems like the easiest bet on the board to me. The Lakers are in disarray, and like the Celtics they have no bench. Before losing to the Lakers at home as 4.5 pt fave a month ago, which will be a revenge factor for the Mavs, the Mavs had covered 5 straight verse the Lakers. Plus, the Lakers are on a b2b, while Dallas had last night off. While I have written how trends and histories are meaningless as to who will win today, I still feel strongly that Dallas will be taking care of the Lakers tonight, don't you?

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    With Kobe's bud being demoted to Houston, reminds me of when the Celtics demoted Perkins. These teams are not the same, and teammates who are close to the ones being demoted can only naturally be upset. Wouldn't the Lakers be far superior now with Odom & Fisher, like the Celtics would be with Perkins and Big Baby Davis? These teams to me are not in the running. Lakers are 9 and 15 on the road, plus just lost SU at home as an 11 pt fave to Utah, then lost SU as a fave on the road in Houston. If you can't beat Utah at home, or the Rockets, how are you going to beat Dallas who took care of a hot Spurrs team and then won in Denver by 17?

Dallas -4 seems like the easiest bet on the board to me. The Lakers are in disarray, and like the Celtics they have no bench. Before losing to the Lakers at home as 4.5 pt fave a month ago, which will be a revenge factor for the Mavs, the Mavs had covered 5 straight verse the Lakers. Plus, the Lakers are on a b2b, while Dallas had last night off. While I have written how trends and histories are meaningless as to who will win today, I still feel strongly that Dallas will be taking care of the Lakers tonight, don't you?
    regarding Fisher, looks like he might go play for the Thunder....

4seasons

Didn't think Fish would take Houston ... they got problems ... but OKC is a contender, with a lot a young guys that can greatly benefit from his world experience. And he keeps himself in top shape, so he can still play 25 quality mins, plus he's clutch. A lot of these teams can't close out games, like Nash last night with a 10 pt lead in Miami in the 4th, totally non-clutch when the team then gives up 17 unanswered in a matter of a flick of the channel. Nash down the stretch was so lame and pathetic, it's why Fisher has rings and Nash doesn't. Jason Kidd got one. Fisher is a clutch guy that knows how to win a game, which is why the Lakers demoting him again has got to be bogging that team seriously down.

4seasons

Money moving Mavs ML down from -200 to -190 and all have a steady -4.5 except SBG which goes with the -4 (-120) ... what does that mean?

4seasons

Lamb Chop Lakers tonight, with consensus on Lakers, Experts on Lakers, Money come in on Lakers ...

Dallas -4 @ -120 would be the play ...

4seasons

I guess this is why there is no one on the planet that can figue out the NBA, which is why it's futile to bet the NBA. I haven't seen anyone anywhere post NBA profits. NOBODY! There is no skill involved, it's all luck. How does Dallas get waxed at home vs their rival, when their rival played the night before and Dallas didn't? What a disgrace to lose by 16 at home like that. How does Dirk, Terry & Odom and all the team just flat out suck like that at home? How do they let Sessions run free with no defense? How do you explain Odom going from being a force on the floor to being a total joke? 1 point and 1 rebound in over 23 mins for getting paid 9 bloody million dollars to play the game. He looks like a total retard out there. How can you figure this shit out? What is the point? Seriously expected Dallas to be favored by 6.5, and when it was only 4.5 and then went down at gametime, maybe the flags have got to start going off in my head. As soon as the spread is off like that, and the money goes against Dallas, what do these folks know that bet so much to cause the line to move like that? And how do they get it right? How do they do it? HOW???????????????????????????????? What the Christ am I missing? For the past 10 years betting sports, NHL, MLB, NFL, College ... nothing compares to the pockets full of money I throw away gambling on the NBA. You'd think these guys who get paid millions would compete every night, would compete at home, would compete if they had the prior night off, would compete against their rival, wouldn't you? A team that just lost to Houston & Utah and seemingly in a funk from the Fisher trade, goes to Dallas and wins by 16 on national TV? NBA is such a sucker bet, it's hard to believe it's real. Big money comes in late on the Lakers and the Lakers cruise. There wasn't one thing that indicated the Lakers would win this game, not one thing. What's the point? If I enjoy giving away my hard earned money, then I will bet another NBA game, as that's all that happens when I do. Do I really have to lose anymore money to learn that betting the NBA is as true to form as betting 2 basketball teams made of 10 cloned identical players who have never played before. Just flip a coin. Chances are better if you bet heads and tails that the coin will land on it's edge, then betting the NBA. I've seen recently OKC ML @ -1600 lose, the Heat who beat teams by 30 only win by 4 against Phoenix, it's sense less and less cents. Just wish I could take back every NBA bet I've ever made. Do you know how much money I'd have right now. How about you?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

sounds like you'd do better flipping coins to make picks.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't want to read that novel but was Fisher being traded really the reason you faded the Lakers???

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I didn't want to read that novel but was Fisher being traded really the reason you faded the Lakers???
    Was one of the primary reasons. Tend to go with home teams in the NBA, and Dallas is strong at home while Lakers are not strong on the road. Lakers since Fisher was traded lost to shit teams. Dallas played strong the last 2 games. Dallas had the prior day off while the Lakers didn't. Blah, blah, blah ... what's your point?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Lamar Odom has sucked most of the season.

Fisher was the worst player on the Lakers. They replaced him with a reasonably competent guard, so now they're a little better.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

fisher should've just retired. lakers just got a whole lot better now that they have somebody who can effectively feed the two big men, run a fast break and drive to the basket. fisher's 38yo, slow, and isn't getting any better or younger...

i can see your logic but dallas hasn't been the most consistent team this season and sessions is settling into his position..