BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

WTF happened to the Portland?

In recent years they have been one of the best organizations in the NBA.

They have totally fallen off the map. This team has quit. They used to scare the shit out of me now they are an easy win.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

They are done, I don't even know where to begin with Portland. Aldridge is not a guy you can build a team around. Other than Batum and Aldridge, you can pretty much get rid of the rest of the roster and start over.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Bizarre. They're pretty talented, and had like the third best point differential in the West not long ago.

They were playing well, but were unlucky being 9th or 10th (they're better than Phoenix, Utah, etc.). Then recently they've just completely quit.

Wallace, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Camby...

I like the players, I don't get what's going on. That game at MSG was a complete joke. They're not even trying.

So they got their coach fired, and maybe one might think they were going to try again once they got rid of Nate, but nope. Still nothing.

Ardbeg
    Ardbeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

No leadership. Last year they had Andre and Roy. Nate is/was an overrated coach, who had the benefit of having someone like Roy to cover it up and without Andre to be a calming influence this year on the floor, you see what has happened.

nflguru1
    nflguru1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3266

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Bizarre. They're pretty talented, and had like the third best point differential in the West not long ago.

They were playing well, but were unlucky being 9th or 10th (they're better than Phoenix, Utah, etc.). Then recently they've just completely quit.

Wallace, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Camby...

I like the players, I don't get what's going on. That game at MSG was a complete joke. They're not even trying.

So they got their coach fired, and maybe one might think they were going to try again once they got rid of Nate, but nope. Still nothing.
    No wallace or camby anymore. Felton came in the season out of shape, no production from the 5 spot

yisman

Well I guess management mailed in the season as well.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

They need to release Felton, draft a PG (Kendall Marshall). Trade Crawford (he's a born loser). Sign a big man in the off-season. Aldridge is the best PF in the league. They need pieces around him. Batum should probably stay too.

yisman

Batum is probably going to leave. Someone is going to make him a big offer, I'd imagine.

Portland has very little left aside from Aldridge.

The Oden pipe dream is over, no Wallace.

Hey, at least they have Hasheem Thabeet and Johnny Flynn. They were running low on first round busts after dumping Oden.

Speedy88

You got to feel for Portland though. They lose a top 15 NBA player in Brandon Roy, Greg Oden can't get healthy, and who would have though Raymond Felton would play like absolute crap.

Portland has always had horribel luck with injuries for the past few years, and it has finally caught up with them.

yisman

yeah they've had the worst luck with injuries. Oden and Roy were supposed to franchise cornerstones. The amazing thing is they were still pretty good last season.

Speedy88

Just imagine if BRoy and Oden stayed healthy.......Or you can say what if they drafted Durant. But at the time of the draft, there was no way they were going to pass on a great 7-foot center for a Durant when they already had Roy.

Them and the Thunder would have been duking it out for the West for a long time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Bowie and Oden.

yisman

The Oden pick was defensible to me.

Durant was the slightly better prospect but they needed Oden more. They couldn't have foreseen what happened with the injuries.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

What happen was Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, and Brandon Roy who has three worse picks in the nba that could of changed their whole organization. That should be Mj Durant and rudy gay if they picked right

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The Oden pick was defensible to me.

Durant was the slightly better prospect but they needed Oden more. They couldn't have foreseen what happened with the injuries.
    Durant was more then "slightly" better then Oden in college. IMHO.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Horrible playing by these fukkers. Put me in the red tonight. Figured it was going under 2h so put a unit on that and fukkers turn it up 4qtr. Horrible night.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I see another loss with Memphis on thurs.

why did they trade Wallace and Camby?

Weird. They were a tough, defend-slash-the-paint team. They were perfect as the last leg of the WC swing, they could bully a tired EC team.

Now they got a decent PG who can't win, a tough PF whose not giving 100%, and some good 3 pt shooters. Mediocre to bad bench. It's a bad combo all around. I don't know what the front office was thinking. Maybe a complete rehaul of their roster?

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

We miss Brandon Roy!

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

i remember in preseason one has to agree that they were a serious contender in the east
    it's amazing how thing turn around

Dtown13
    Dtown13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know and don't care anymore. Tonight will be the last time I put my $$$ on them!!!

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Charlotte Bobcats >>>>>>>> Portland Trailers

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

hahahahaaha half a decade later and people are gonna talk about Durant/Oden

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

FINALLY! Someone recognises the talent the bobcats have. Let's get win #8

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Durant was more then "slightly" better then Oden in college. IMHO.
    College play isn't the sole determinant of the quality of a prospect.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    What happen was Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, and Brandon Roy who has three worse picks in the nba that could of changed their whole organization. That should be Mj Durant and rudy gay if they picked right
    lol, what? Yeah, because they somehow should've known what players were going to get injured?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    They need to release Felton, draft a PG (Kendall Marshall). Trade Crawford (he's a born loser). Sign a big man in the off-season. Aldridge is the best PF in the league. They need pieces around him. Batum should probably stay too.
    Easy Chief~