PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Boston +2

Good spot

PR9

pregame, boston had the look of being ready to play tonight. Nothing like the half-asleep looks on their faces before the denver and Sacramento games, but far more like the pre-tipoff look of the LAC and GS games.

they're down 2-3 on this road trip, they want to hit .500 on this trip, with this game. Doc looked very confident befoer this game in the pregame interview (if you watched the pregame show) they came to win tonight, and have 2 days off after tonight. ATL winners of 2 in a row and on a b2b

great spot for BOS.

Placed a 10u in-game bet right after tipoff as i missed the closing.. which is rare for me as the most I bet on one game is 5u ($500)

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Good luck PR9, we got f*cked over in that USF/Ohio game yesterday. I was leaning BOS but laid off and just plaid the under, but I may take a 2nd half bet if it looks right.

blacknwhite
    LAKERS
    blacknwhite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

If you say so, shouldn't have started a thread; ultimate jinx : 0 on sbr

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
    If you say so, shouldn't have started a thread; ultimate jinx : 0 on sbr
    if I don't post it then later say I had the game ( i don't lie anyway, hell I went a crappy 3-6 in NCAA yesterday after a good 2 days) then needlessly people say BS and have a habit of acting like idiots

dont know why that is. Never understood it. Whenever someone says they had a game it never affected me one way or another, because really what does it matter anyway. does it greatly affect your life ??

PR9

actually, it was 3-7 yesterday on ncaa. forgot an o/u play that missed by a point

PR9

Looks like I ran head first into a ref job here. It's BOS vs ATL + the pinstripes. Anything close, including out of bounds balls going against BOS. If anyone is watching this ridiculous game you'd understand, can't breathe on an ATL player without a foul and BOS players in foul trouble, undeservedly.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

It's alright KG will be gifted some down the stretch

PR9

HAHA. just now Rondo drives into the lane and ATL player stepped in less than a second before being stationary.

The referee looks to the other 2 officials asking what they saw. Both officials shrugged their shoulders befuddled and didnt answer, so the ref called offensive foul on rondo, of course.

ROFL. its an absolute miracle boston is only down by 1

Speedy88

god damn both these teams are garbage.

Boston is so bad it is unbelievable. I've said this a million times, but if you put them in the Western Conference, they'd be somewhere in between the Hornets and Warriors in the standings.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 03-19-12 at 08:35 PM.

PR9

But these types of slow games benefit boston. Its the running and gunning style that totally fukks them up. Not this pace though.

despite the ref bias, boston should still win this if they have a strong 4th like they had in Denver, LAC and in GS. I just hate betting on these types of games though with the refs greatly favoring the home team and bailing them out time and time again

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    But these types of slow games benefit boston. Its the running and gunning style that totally fukks them up. Not this pace though.

despite the ref bias, boston should still win this if they have a strong 4th like they had in Denver, LAC and in GS. I just hate betting on these types of games though with the refs greatly favoring the home team and bailing them out time and time again
    Agreed. All you have to do to beat Boston is just run on then. Kings did it the other night and won by 25. If you slow them down, then you are keeping them in their comfort zone. That's where the Clipps went wrong last week, and of course Boston won that game.

PR9

And this is why Boston is so good and deadly in these very slow paced, very slow tight games.

What they do is they lull you to sleep through the entire game, and then their sharpshooters nail 3 three's as they just did, bring an extra guy to crash the boards for rebounds and extra possessions... and BAM , break the game open in the 4th

seen it 1000 times with them

Speedy88

I don't get the Hawks either. Didn't they fire Mark Woodson a couple years ago because the offense was so stagnant? I don't see a difference under Larry Drew. Fire Drew, hire D'Antoni and this team would actually be dangerous.

PR9

whew

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

That was close. 2 missed FTs. Good call PR9

PR9

Boston tells you everything during the pregame if they came to play or if they're throwing the game. Tonight they just had that "look" before the game. And it was evident in the 1st half by playing strong defense (defense is all about energy and will)

This has been evident with them for awhile now. the other night against SAC they were dead before the game. For christs sakes, Ray Allen was laying down over the halfcourt sticker using a basketball as a pillow with his eyes half closed. This was 4 minutes before tipoff. Looked like he was sunbathing at a beach. The entire boston team looked listless before the tipoff. They looked totally disinterested in being there. Of course they got blown out by 25. lol

I've talked about this phenomenon for awhile. Must have written about 10 posts on this subject regarding boston. Same thing before the TOR game. Rondo looked like the most depressed person who ever lived sitting there alone on the bench 5 minutes before tipoff. I'll never forget how down and out he looked. Same with pierce and others on that team that night before the game. I only bte $200 on the raptors for that game as it was also a RLM, celtics were only favored by 2 and the line didnt move despite 90% on boston, of course 'Toronto blew them out by around 30 pts. Only reeason i didn't bet more than 2 bills was because boston owned toronto like nobodies business in the prior 10 meetings. Should have bet more. And it was the same in New Orleans when the hornets blew out boston by 30, the celtics looked totally disinterested before that game.

This has been a recurring theme with boston for the past couple months. I will be paying close attention before the MILW game. If Boston looks totally disinterested before the game I'm unloading on the Bucks. It will be a sure blowout

With boston its all about their body language and facial expressions before tipoff

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Ray Allen was laying down over the halfcourt sticker using a basketball as a pillow with his eyes half closed. This was 4 minutes before tipoff. Looked like he was sunbathing at a beach.
    I have a difficult time believing your above statement. The behavior you describe above would be highly unprofessional and something I have never seen any player do within 4 minutes of tip. The idea that Ray Allen -- one of the most respected players in the game -- would take a nap within 5 minutes of tip as the crowd around him filed into their seats and could see him, the refs walking the court, other players are shaking hands, guys are still warming, etc., is pretty disrespectful to the game. Link?

PR9

Its something i watched on television, so no, i obviously dont have a link for it. Nor do I think one even exists.

But he was laying there without a care in the world, on his back, with his head on a basketball, right at center court with his eyes half closed. As the camera zoomed out, Rondo was laying on his side stretching his quad about 3 feet away, talking to Allen.

Pay close attention to boston during the 10 mins before tipoff. They have made me alot of money this season going just simply by their body language before tipoff. This is something I noticed about 2 months ago, and its hit at an astonishingly high rate.

In fact, I was so confident in this phenomenon, that I have gone against my own strong beliefs to fade them on a road b2b. And that was at the clippers. The Celtics had an amazing jump to their step during the 10 mins before tipoff. Incredible focus. They looked like mad dogs looking for a war.

Just pay attention to them before tipoff. If their faces look dead like they don't really want to be there, unload on the other team. Because they're about to throw the game