nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

coaching pro sports.over rated??

Let us look at Knicks..jeremy lin had them on a 7-1 8-1 run..now back with carmelo they are 2-7 since. Sorry all, a team doesn't get there best player back and become much worse due to coaching. Heck, the players are so smart and have the feel for this game..they should be able to quarterback there plays and come up with a way to win games by themselves. As much as you want to say it's the x's and O's..it comes down to breakdown in defense that enables players to get open shots..plus there isn't set plays that run this sport..it's agame of turnovers and inches. I feel it could play a decent part in the sport..but not as much as the media thinks. If this were the case..don't you think the lakers would of hired a much better and visible coach then mike Brown?? Or does it come down to finding someone who understands the game and can point out stuff to players and see improvement. Just like I can't say Dantonio was responsible for the Lin 8-1 run..I can't blame him for the recent 2-7 run under melo's return.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

The knick players should be able to figure out the issues without the coach being the fall guy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Football requires good coaching
    Baseball no
    Hoops a little

PLayers make coaches

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Coaches mostly just keep egos in check. Pro athletes have been playing the sport their whole life, just need someone to keep them straight.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    Coaches mostly just keep egos in check. Pro athletes have been playing the sport their whole life, just need someone to keep them straight.
    Good Point

There are some things coaches can do in NBA like motivation

Dough Collins and Scoty Skiles great coaches in NBA

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody else seen "real" videos of Melo when he's not being branded by the media as a positive product? the guy is a world-class prick with a legendary ego.... I mean, even more so than your standard NBA star

I was watching Linn Chen defer to him during the game.... like, here boss, you take the shot... as though he was scared shitless to even take a shot before Melo even when he was more open than he was. and it wasn't just deferring to the star... it was ridiculous