zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Lowry and Scola make Lakers unbeatable?

Holy fuk you guys bookie must buy a new lamborghini each year
    Reading the thread the first time I thought they were all joking but it looks there serious. Unreal.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    scola is 6'8, chalky. Gasol will always be a better rebounder because of his size. Scola's rebounding is down to something like 6 a game this year.

Scola is scrappy, but do you watch him? He's not a good defender at all. Not saying pau is either.

Would still be a great land for the lakers because kyle Lowry is a top 6 point guard. No clue why Houston would even consider this.
    I agree, for the most part. Scola has started to start being more productive on the glass since Dalembert got there. So, Scola doesn't get the benefit of playing with a Bynum, I think his rebounding rate would improve playing alongside the 2nd best Center in the bizz.

And as much as height matters, since you cannot teach it, it's more about position and hustle. There have been some insanely good rebounders in the league that have been severely undersized.

Brook Lopez is a perfect example of a guy who should rebound at an amazing rate, based on his size and athleticism - but the kids a fukkin oyster.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

So if the Lakers get those two, it will be a Lakers vs Knicks Finals?

Fuking SBR sometimes.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL Gasol has played 8 minutes so far in the 1st Q for the Lakers tonight - nice rumor though

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

just another t jizzle grab for the e-glory of breaking the story first instead a swing and a miss

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers wont get lowry. They were offered scola, martin and dragic, they turned it down then they were offered Scola, Dragic and their first round pick. Looks like lakers turned that down as well.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Lakers wont get lowry. They were offered scola, martin and dragic, they turned it down then they were offered Scola, Dragic and their first round pick. Looks like lakers turned that down as well.

if i were the lakers brass i would take any of those deals for a guy who just doesnt fit in anymore.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I would ship Gasol for Scola+Dragic, add in Martin and the Lakers win this trade

wantitall4moi

yeah it just shows lakers are either totally retarded or Buss and his buddies dont have a clue. Which isnt hard to imagine since no one scouting talent has any sort of experience beyond sitting in a sports bar talking about players with drunk degenerates.

Lakers are a disgrace and not even a shadow of what they used to be. That had to be expected once West got out of the NBa but he drop they have taken franchise wide is unreal. I

I dont post half the shit about the Lakers on the boards that is going on I just focus on the team and how it plays. But the franchise itself is in shambles. I have alluded to it from time to time, but the stuff that is going on behind the scenes is a running joke out here.

To say they could pick 5 random idiots out of this thread and let them take jobs with the management of the lakers and have it be an improvement wouldnt be hyperbole.

zsr

wantitall post the link where you got that.

Your info has always been terrible and 100% wrong so you really have no credibility.

wantitall4moi

it was on the cannons today, the first one anyway. But I am sure espn will claim they had it from scoop jackson or one of their 'insiders'.

zsr

Those deal make more sense for the rockets though. Not sure I'd do it if i was the lakers. The whole goal is to upgrade point guard, why trade away your biggest advantage in size for a tiny upgrade?

Shit the best choice would be deal Kobe because he's shooting them out of games instead of feeding the post but nobody would give up anything worthwhile and it would cause a riot I'm sure.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Those deal make more sense for the rockets though. Not sure I'd do it if i was the lakers. The whole goal is to upgrade point guard, why trade away your biggest advantage in size for a tiny upgrade?

Shit the best choice would be deal Kobe because he's shooting them out of games instead of feeding the post but nobody would give up anything worthwhile and it would cause a riot I'm sure.
    lowry is the real deal. his team is suspect but the guy can play. LAkers would be lucky to get him

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

A few years ago I was talking to Norm MacDonald at a dog park in Playa Vista. He has a place in the same complex as Jimmy Buss. Anyway, I had a Laker hat on and he was chatting me up about the team and whatnot. Then he proceeds to tell me that Jimmy likes to have crazy coke parties with ghetto black hookers lol. I have no doubt that Jimmy Buss will run this team into the ground if the old man and his sister don't do something to rein him in.

wantitall4moi

i told you months ago kobe should be the guy they deal away not bynum or gasol. Pretty sure there is a no trade clause though so not an option.

Thing is lakers dont want to really make any deals but theyre are fielding offers because they heard they wanted to trade gasol. So unless it is an out of this world offer they wont accept anything. Which is really the correct move regardless of how inept the management is with that team now.

But I am about 90% certain that anything Lakers would accept wouldnt pass the league.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    lowry is the real deal. his team is suspect but the guy can play. LAkers would be lucky to get him
    I know, I'm talking about the deal wantitall posted which was them getting dragic instead.

Lowry is a top 6 point guard, so underrated. If he was in it I'd take the deal in a second. For dragic I wouldn't.

zsr

i told you months ago kobe should be the guy they deal away not bynum or gasol. Pretty sure there is a no trade clause though so not an option.

Thing is lakers dont want to really make any deals but theyre are fielding offers because they heard they wanted to trade gasol. So unless it is an out of this world offer they wont accept anything. Which is really the correct move regardless of how inept the management is with that team now.

But I am about 90% certain that anything Lakers would accept wouldnt pass the league.
    The league can't do anything. They only vetoed the paul deal because they own the hornets.

Should just give up a first for sessions, put a package together for Beasley and go from there. But buss is a cheap ass and will run the team into the ground.

wantitall4moi

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...g=ycn-11064484

from a couple days ago but pretty sure that is what they were talking about today.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

If the lakers had those offers on the table (which i doubt) and have not made a deal yet then Kupchak and Buss should be shot at and pissed on.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

i see this trade nowhere

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusa...l-been-traded/

The controversial tweet included.

Hmmm, Hou/Njn 's line was taken down @ Pinny too.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 View Post
    http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusa...l-been-traded/

The controversial tweet included.

Hmmm, Hou/Njn 's line was taken down @ Pinny too.
    deron williams and kyle lowry are out tonight due to injury/illness...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Lowry won't be traded. He is currently "injured" right now, and will miss the game against the Nets today while he undergoes tests at the hospital. Reports are that he might be out several games.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

yeah it just shows lakers are either totally retarded or Buss and his buddies dont have a clue. Which isnt hard to imagine since no one scouting talent has any sort of experience beyond sitting in a sports bar talking about players with drunk degenerates.

Lakers are a disgrace and not even a shadow of what they used to be. That had to be expected once West got out of the NBa but he drop they have taken franchise wide is unreal. I

I dont post half the shit about the Lakers on the boards that is going on I just focus on the team and how it plays. But the franchise itself is in shambles. I have alluded to it from time to time, but the stuff that is going on behind the scenes is a running joke out here.

To say they could pick 5 random idiots out of this thread and let them take jobs with the management of the lakers and have it be an improvement wouldnt be hyperbole.
    All you care about is the lakers.. Lakers are a lottery team.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

nice trade.

idiot.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Guys who say Scola and Lowry put the Lakers in the Heat conversation are nuts. You do realize Gasol has to leave right. He doesn't get to stay.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

what happened to gasoft being the best pf in the game and 1st ballot hofer?

wantitall4moi

The league can't do anything. They only vetoed the paul deal because they own the hornets.

Should just give up a first for sessions, put a package together for Beasley and go from there. But buss is a cheap ass and will run the team into the ground.
    No they stopped it because everyone complained about it. Yet they let the Clippers have him for probably less than what Lakers offered.

They could have gotten beasely for a first rounder, lakers refused it. They were sniffing around for sessions also but nothing happened there either.

Lakers are looking for a home run or nothing. Like I said Buss doesnt feel the dire need to trade, but if something comes along that is out of this world ridiculous and passes the league he will take it.

Rumors are rumors, Lakers arent going anywhere this year anyway other than a first round exit. Buss feeds the rumor mill to keep people talking. if Lakers win it lessens the talk. Amazing how they lose two in a row and theyre in desperate need of a trade, the beat up on a couple teams without starters and people forget all about it.

Deluded laker fans dont know any better but this team doesnt have anything worth trading other than Gasol or Bynum. Gasol is the obvious scapegoat here, probably because he hs a better reputation. But Bynum who admitted to loafing in that game they lost a 21 point lead, and does all kinds of kiddie shit out here and acted like a complete ass against Dallas isnt someone anyone would actively want probably. The excuse was he was young and immature. yeah he has been in the league 7 or 8 years now and is 25 or 26 those lame excuses dont fly anymore. But Laker myopians try to claim he is the second best big man in the league, yeah when there are only 3 it isnt hard to be number two, the drop from him to howard is astronomical and howard in comparison to guys back in the day would not compare well either.

I say ANY laker trade worth mentioning anyway is less han a 50/50 proposition at this point. There is still a waiting list for season tickets and Kobe with 2 more years sews up that void if anyone opts out.

This is just the start, it only gests worse from here believe that. Thats what I have been saying since before the season. I saw the handwriting on the wall. Lakers players arent good but they have stayed healthy and caught a lot of other breaks. Lakers organization as a whole is a clusterfuck of epic proportions, once lakers get eliminated and their season is over oull be hearing a lot of shit about the whole organization thats for sure. While it might not be dodgeresque it will be pretty damning.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

nobody reads more than a paragraph.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zsr

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Pau Gasol is actually pretty good. I don't understand how you guys can think the Lakers won't drop off significantly with Gasol gone? Guy rebounds, hustles, blocks shots, posts up, shoots the outside J....still very versatile at his age.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasol is more talented and taller, Scola plays with more energy & toughness. The Lakers just need a change in their rotation around the Bynum/Kobe core, and that means moving Gasol. Thing is, we're running out of time in the regular season for new players to jell with the existing team in a situation where we're not just talking about adding a piece or two on top of a working team.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

gasoft is having the worst season of his career coming off the worst post season of his career.

he gone.

First 12