Arty
    Arty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 936

Chicago vs. Indiana - All Around Analysis

Matchups – The last meeting between these two teams, Deng was out. Granger went off for 25 that game. Deng has shut him down in the past holding him below 13 a game in their playoff series. I see Deng doing more of the same tonight with Luol also getting his usual on offense. Taj Gibson is also key in this matchup. Boozer struggles guarding West, which is why you’ll see Gibson in the game the majority of the second half as he’s a much better defender. Where Gibson struggles on offense he makes up for it on defense by being one of the better low post defenders in the East. Rose has been on fire now that he’s in better health. He’s been scoring 25+ every night and I see him easily getting 30 against the much smaller and slower Collison. Rose will have no problem getting in the paint and will go to the line for at least 8 shots. Hamilton is a wildcard. He’s been extremely inconsistent coming off the injury. Thibs is giving him more minutes every night, so I see him getting about 20 minutes tonight. He should score around 10-15 points tonight as both George and Jones are slow getting around screens, which will give Rip the opportunity for some open shots. Hibbert poses some problems for the Bulls, but with Omer Asik coming off the bench to help in defense, the Bulls should limit Hibbert’s inside game. Omer did great work on Elton Brand in the closing minutes of yesterday's game and I see more of the same tonight.

Pace – I see this game being played at a slow enough pace to how the Bulls like to play. The Bulls on their current six game winning streak have done a great job at limiting points in transition. Pacers don’t play at that quick of a pace, but still get plenty of steals and fast break points. Thibbs has done a great job of stressing his team to run and stop pushes in transition over this current Bulls run. Collison and Granger should get limited fast break opportunities and the game will turn into more of a defensive battle which is perfect for Chicago. The Bulls have also commanded the boards in every one of their wins. The Bulls are the best rebounding team and the best defensive team at home in the East. Noah grabbed 18 rebounds yesterday and as a rebounding team overall, the Bulls have vastly improved. Ronnie Brewer during this winning streak has been grabbing loose balls at a great pace for a guard. Gibson, Noah, and even Boozer have been rebounding at a higher number than Bulls fans are used to. Second change points will be crucial tonight as that is one area where the Bulls have struggled against Indiana in the past. I see Thibbs stressing this point to his team and Taj, Omer, Noah, and Carlos fighting for boards tonight as they’ve done on this run.

X-Factor – The last time these two teams played, the Pacers pulled out a close and hard fought win. Many Bulls players overheard the Pacers celebrating in the locker room after the game. Noah, Rose and Brewer all said that they were surprised and a little insulted at the Pacers’ level of celebration. NBA players don’t forget stuff like this. Rose came out and said yesterday that he hasn’t forgotten about anything. Noah was quoted yesterday in saying, “So if they want to see some celebration when we win, I can show them some celebration.” The Bulls have been waiting for this rematch. They felt embarassed by the previous loss and will want to send a message to the Pacers of who the top team in the Central really is.

Pick – Chicago -7. I see the Bulls winning convincingly by double digits with a great defensive effort and an outstanding offensive output from their MVP. WIN!
    Last edited by Arty; 03-05-12 at 09:24 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

agreed, I think bulls win by 10-15, something like 97-87

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Awesome write up dude. Totally agree with everything.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

great write up. I was looking at a 3rd quarter bet, seeing the Pacers favored by 2 full points when they have the highest 3rd quarter point margin. They are playing in Chicago however, The pacers still have a strong 3rd quarter margin on the road, but the bulls have a much more manageable point margin when at home.

For the revenge factor, I see the bulls putting up a lot of points in the 1h, and possibly slacking early in the 3rd quarter, only to power through it and dominate the 4th.

thoughts?

Arty

I don't really make quarter bets unless it's the first quarter or I'm doing a live bet. I do see the Bulls with a strong first half though, which could possibly lead to a sluggish 3rd quarter.

Still though, that's a risky bet, but GL to you if you make it.

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

this game is off the board at my book!! Anyone know why?

nvm, its back up at 6.5 and 189

ClimbSomeRocks

looks like a 1Q or 1H bet or both on the bulls will be my plays tonight. thanks for the write up!

Arty

I'm liking the chances of a double digit Bulls win so far. Bulls up by 16 in the 3rd playing great defense even though Rose is not having his best game.

Really sucks though that Rip went out immediately with an injury, hopefully nothing too serious is wrong with him.

Arty

Bulls end up winning by 20! They play great defense holding Indiana to 72 and dominate the boards grabbing 19 offensive rebounds. Great game by John Lucas as well filling in for Watson and making up for Rose getting in foul trouble early.

Good stuff to anyone that had the Bulls minus the points!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Unreal second half by the Bulls

Arty

Yah, they came out at halftime fired up as hell and just dominated the Pacers.

ClimbSomeRocks

wow I couldn't have handicapped this game worse... lost the two bets I placed and would have gotten destroyed on the 3rd q bet. great play arty I wish I would have tailed.

Arty

Lol yah the 3rd quarter was 33-13 Bulls. Thanks though and win that money back tomorrow!