GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers point shave job on friday night

did you guys see the sacramento-lakers game on friday night?
    Never seen a more obvious case of blatant point-shaving by lakers.
    Line was 10.5, lakers up 10, kobe fouled with like 10 seconds left.
    Goes and has a logn conversation with derek fisher for what I have no clue with 10 seconds left.
    Well-short on the first, then he looked to his left and said something to opponent
    then he threw the ball so hard to miss it that it banked in.
    He shot the second free throw like he was a chuck e cheese or something, never saw a player trying to miss a free throw up by 10 points.
    Then they let federette shoot a wide open uncontested 3 to end at 8.

Jerry Buss' harem expenses must be higher this fiscal year.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

True, Kobe doesn't miss free throws. Def on purpose. Probably donated the betting money to a charity though.

GGZOLA

Ive never, ever seen someone try to miss 2 free throws up 10 points with 10 seconds to go.
    Why would you want to?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GGZOLA View Post
    Ive never, ever seen someone try to miss 2 free throws up 10 points with 10 seconds to go.
    Why would you want to?
    yea, that was pretty blatant. I've been sticking to small spreads and ML where it comes down to picking the winner bc i've been getting burned by stuff like that.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Was not point shaving.

Move on from your losses if you want the next one to be a winner.

OnenOnlyMush
    OnenOnlyMush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I was watching, I was on the Kings. Definetly got a gift. If you watched this game and couldn't see the fix and the fact that KOBE was in on it then I don't know what to tell you. kobe was out of his mind hot in the 3rd and 4th quarter but he misses 2 out of his last 3 foul shots, all of which mind you would have pushed the lead to 11 when the spread was 10.5?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This game ****** me like no other. Was my biggest bet of the year and to make things worst i witnessed it in person.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Kobe's wife has a gambling problem.

To save their marriage he point shaves.

You'll do whatever it take to maintain love, once you move out of moms basement.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Was my biggest bet of the year.
    just curious, what was your reasoning for this?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Kobe's wife has a gambling problem.

To save their marriage he point shaves.

You'll do whatever it take to maintain love, once you move out of moms basement.
    if you haven't heard the news, kobe is no longer married.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    if you haven't heard the news, kobe is no longer married.
    Yea, it was my only inaccuracy.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16297

Why in the hell would Kobe point shave a nothing game against Sacaremento what would he have to gain by doing so.He already has millions of dollars championship rings commercial endorsments makes no sense.He was not point shaving.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Neither Kobe or his ex-wife are gamblers. They used to come into the Venetian and play $5 Wheel of Fortune and lose $1000 then go eat at Valentino.

Game wasn't fixed. Just shit luck if you laid points with Lakers.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

I'd like to see a video of the free throws.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

He profited on his $2000 max bet to risk his $100 million dollar contract and jail time. They all do it all the time, it is known all over the league.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

someone post these supposed purposeful misses.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    He profited on his $2000 max bet to risk his $100 million dollar contract and jail time. They all do it all the time, it is known all over the league.
    And he chose the most obvious point in the game to miss intentionally instead of just putting up bricks here and there over the course of the entire game.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Wasnt the free throws that cost the cover, it was that fukwit garcia that hit the 3 at the buzzer to lose by 8 instead of 11.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    just curious, what was your reasoning for this?
    Other than stupidity? Well - I feel like I have a really good grasp on the team's personality. I saw them winning the game by 15+ points and since they were up 20 in the 4th it looked good for a second. I didn't see the Kings hanging with the Lakers at home where theyve been so dominant. But of course hindsite is 20-20 and i see why it was a ridiculously stupid bet on my part...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Sounds like a fix to me... I don't think Kobe misses free throws. He makes them with his eyes closed.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

yep, had under 2H and that was complete bullshit at the end. def some fishy shit that went on there

slimstevie
    slimstevie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

This is so stupid. There was no point shaving, there was no fix. I watched the game and Kobe knew the game was over and he was having fun. If im not mistaken he missed the first FT and then he was chatting with the players and laughing. i dont read lips but it doesnt take a geneous to figure out he was calling a bank shot since he was joking around and actually banked it off the glass

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Lakers are hot, bet them to win the 1st half and walk away a winner... IS IT THAT HARD

I wouldn't lay DD pts with the Lakers vs anyone but maybe the Bobcats.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

There was no more blatant point shaving than the Grizzlies @ Raptors game. It was borderline ridiculous.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Line was 10.5, lakers up 10, kobe fouled with like 10 seconds left.
    so I guess sacramento was not in on the fix, only the lakers, or else they wouldnt have fouled right?

Then they let federette shoot a wide open uncontested 3 to end at 8.
    it was not fredette, it was fransisco garcia so you obviously know what you are talking about

so what you are saying is that it was fixed for a .364 career 3 point shooter (.311 this year) to make a last second shot from 25 feet to cover the spread

so what you are saying is they let millions ride on a last second shot that had a less than 37% chance of going in

then he threw the ball so hard to miss it that it banked in.
    he tried so hard to miss that he ended up scoring

I rest my case
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 03-05-12 at 08:09 PM.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    so I guess sacramento was not in on the fix, only the lakers, or else they wouldnt have fouled right?

it was not fredette, it was fransisco garcia so you obviously know what you are talking about

so what you are saying is that it was fixed for a .364 career 3 point shooter (.311 this year) to make a last second shot from 25 feet to cover the spread

so what you are saying they let millions ride on a last second shot that had a less than 40% chance of going in

he tried so hard to miss that he ended up scoring

I rest my case
    I think that the average gambler likes to blame a fix for a tough loss. I've done it myself and it oddly makes you feel better to think that way so why break his argument down using logic when he is making his argument based on frustration?

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I think that the average gambler likes to blame a fix for a tough loss. I've done it myself and it oddly makes you feel better to think that way so why break his argument down using logic when he is making his argument based on frustration?
    cause Im an asshole

its been 4 days, this guy is still frustrated about the loss?
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 03-05-12 at 08:52 PM.

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Why in the hell would Kobe point shave a nothing game against Sacaremento what would he have to gain by doing so.He already has millions of dollars championship rings commercial endorsments makes no sense.He was not point shaving.

Part of the millions come from gamblers. They are paid not only for their skill level but to obey their NBA masters too. NBA masters instruct not to cover means not cover.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

The disturbing thing is these fraudulent acts are the norm anymore. Many years ago incidents like this where occasional. Few and far between. Today it's strange when a game appears played out normally.

GGZOLA

ok first, I didnt have a dollar wagered on the game. Just knew the line and saw what happened in the end.
    I dont have film if I did I would post. He CLEARLY tried to MISS the 2nd free throw. They were up by ten so they weren't covering when Kobe went to the line for 2. His first was well short, and second was a joke that banked in and made it 11. The 3 by Garcia (not fed as I said yes thanks for correction doesnt matter who shot it) was random chance the 3 went in I guess, but again I never saw someone try to miss free throws like that for no reason whatsoever than the obvious.
    Why would someone try to miss a free throw when they are up by 10 points?
    Just thought I'd have some feedback. Don't assume someone bets on a game just because he questions the ending (lightbulb)

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

meaningless points in a meaningless game which only degenerates cared about

like Kobe cares what he does in that situation he's just ******* around

if you played sports you do that kind of stuff once in a while when the game is "over"

UGOTPZD
    UGOTPZD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 561

I try to stay away from these threads because they are so stupid but I guess one time I will humor the retards. Lets take an objective look at this.

NBA Franchises are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
    NBA players are for the most part all millionaires.
    Fixing games is a federal offense, risking not only their million, but freedom if caught
    A lot of NBA players are elite athletes but not the smartest people in the world, they are going to memorize the lines and fix games on the fly?
    With the amount of games people believe are fixed, you think no player ever talks about this? These rich/flashy guys can all of a sudden keep the biggest secret in the sport going without anyone finding out?
    Lastly my favorite part, players talking on the court about a fix while in the process of doing it...how stupid do you have to believe IF it was going on that they would actively discuss committing a federal offence in front of thousand of people, cameras and mic's.

Honestly use your head a little.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    The disturbing thing is these fraudulent acts are the norm anymore. Many years ago incidents like this where occasional. Few and far between. Today it's strange when a game appears played out normally.
    Two thumbs up. Whats so hard to believe ab a fix and point shaving? What makes anyone think that something as big and profitable as a billion dollar industry in pro sports wouldn't be corrupt. The chances for something of that magnitude to not be corrupt by money and human nature alone is ZERO. NBA games r absolutely fixed, veterans like kobe who have been around understand it and accept it, they play within the system. If stern wants his finger men in Crawford and bavetta etc to make him a superstar they oblige and in return they get to fix a game or so here and there for the Vegas books as compensation. Its a league full of kickbacks behind closed doors and its no different than politics

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by slimstevie View Post
    This is so stupid. There was no point shaving, there was no fix. I watched the game and Kobe knew the game was over and he was having fun. If im not mistaken he missed the first FT and then he was chatting with the players and laughing. i dont read lips but it doesnt take a geneous to figure out he was calling a bank shot since he was joking around and actually banked it off the glass
    Exactly right on all counts.

GGZOLA

ok, end it at that. I have watched nba since 1982 and never saw that kind of ending before, so call me clueless.
    Will all due respect, I am not a conspiracy freak that all games are fixed, nor dumb enough to believe all games in all sports are legit. It was very odd and I just wanted to see if anyone saw it as such.
    P.s. I am a laker fan also since half this forum was born.

12 Last