TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I want to learn how to cap

I currently tail several here including LTA and Sonny

Would like to develop my own capping strategy but don't know how to get started...

Can some one help me? Give me a program or a formula to get started?

Appreciate the help

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you a big sports fan?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i always find it funny when people act like they can just jump in and cap games or there is some magical formula for it.

experience > *

answer: dont quit your day job kid.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Watch as many games as possible... Box scores arent everything...

Do your homework and dont tail people

Bol

TC Woods

Thanks to all that responded except GoBlue77

GoBlue77 - go fuk yerself,

Dexter - yes big sports fan, don't need the money just kind of addicted to gambling. I don't bet huge amounts, just a few dollars but would like to understand what goes into capping.

I guess I should have just googled it....

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Ignore GoBlue, he's an idiot.

You're not gunna be succesful right from the start, and you will learn from it.
    Try to develop your own way of capping, make sure you only cap games you have knowledge of the teams in(this comes down to watching them).

But you can follow an already made system but then you really aren't learning anything for yourself, try developing your own way of capping like I said and go with what you feel works best, trial and error and go from there.

TC Woods

Quote Originally Posted by SiMON2g View Post
    Ignore GoBlue, he's an idiot.

You're not gunna be succesful right from the start, and you will learn from it.
    Try to develop your own way of capping, make sure you only cap games you have knowledge of the teams in(this comes down to watching them).

But you can follow an already made system but then you really aren't learning anything for yourself, try developing your own way of capping like I said and go with what you feel works best, trial and error and go from there.
    Thanks Simon...

I guess what I don't know or can't figure out how two specific team match up. Take for example Chicago, some teams they play, some can determine the total score will be over 200. Other teams it will be less than 180....

Makes sense?

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

If there is no RLM on Magics tomorrow, thats a winner.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Quote Originally Posted by TC Woods View Post
    Thanks Simon...

I guess what I don't know or can't figure out how two specific team match up. Take for example Chicago, some teams they play, some can determine the total score will be over 200. Other teams it will be less than 180....

Makes sense?
    That comes from stats, researching teams current scoring form, are they on the road? How well does that team score on the road, how about the home team, how many points do they give up at home? Injuries, is it their major scorer? Will it be a close game in the end? Aiding in the total going over via the game being extended etc. Basically, whatever you think effects scoring, research it, look at trends and statistics. Sometimes you'll get burnt and think, but it all pointed towards an over, but sometimes teams just come out on nights and can't hit a bucket.

Good luck man, PM me if you need any help

Reedeman

Dont fall into the trend of compulsively betting on games every day; it makes you slack off on research and is a good way of getting into a losing streak.. Maybe try betting on just one or two plays a week at first

If you're uncertain on a play or if the spread looks a little high just say no ha

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    Dont fall into the trend of compulsively betting on games every day; it makes you slack off on research and is a good way of getting into a losing streak.. Maybe try betting on just one or two plays a week at first

If you're uncertain on a play or if the spread looks a little high just say no ha
    He even said he was addicted to gambling. You think it is even remotely possible for him to only bet on one or two plays a week?

Reedeman

Hey take it easy
    Positive reinforcement

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    i always find it funny when people act like they can just jump in and cap games or there is some magical formula for it.

experience > *

answer: dont quit your day job kid.

Seriously? Can you read? Did the guy say he wants to "jump right in and be a pro"? He is asking for advice on HOW TO GET STARTED.

Really sad how people look for any opportunity they can get to be an asshole over the internet as if it proves anything whatsoever. Here's my answer to you.... GROW UP.

Good luck TC
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Notorious_Donk

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

don't listen to most of these idiots. just keep asking questions. some guys will help you and don't listen to all others.

TC Woods

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I'll get to work, taking your advise

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

the fact that you are a sports fan already is a big +. after a while, you can rely more on your instincts then pure trends.
    stay away from stuff like this imo...

• Hawks are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NBA Central.
    • Hawks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games playing on 2 days rest.
    • Hawks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    • Hawks are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games as an underdog.
    • Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
    • Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.
    • Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games.
    • Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    • Hawks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5.
    • Hawks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog.

I would worry more about your bankroll management, and how to weight your games - that's an overlooked aspect of winning at sports gambling.

I would look for situational information on 2 teams. What team may be tired from an OT game the night before, versus a rested team at home who is hungry to win since they just lost. Stuff like that is what i like to look at - historical trends are ok, but you have to know how much the teams have changed from a year or 2 ago (beyond 2 years is mostly irrelevant to me).

If you really have a lot of time on your hands, read local papers for all teams. can sometimes find some juicy info that only locals would be aware of.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

like anything else, it is work, study line history, it is free, highly recommend you take advantage of it ,

agree with Dexter, money management, very important
    Points Awarded:

Dexter gave JR007 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.