zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy chuck from 35 feet? Wtf were you watching? Lebron was right at the top of the key too.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Crazy chuck from 35 feet? Wtf were you watching? Lebron was right at the top of the key too.
    his words not mine

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    his words not mine
    Oh i see, maybe he wasn't watching the game.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I was watching the game man.....How much better of a chance does a crazy ass Lebron chuck from 35 feet out have then a wide open Haslem shot at the top of the key? It can't be much (If at all)
    Well he was double teamed most of the 4th quarter and shot 89%, most of his shots were of the OMG incredible variety, while Haslem shot 33% all night long on wide open looks and easy bunnies that he missed under the rim. Why in the world would you believe that Haslem had a better chance of making the shot?

Like I said before, there was a very good reason Haslem was wide ass open. Utah players were clapping as soon as Haslem rose up to take the shot. They didn't even try to close out on him. Haslem shouldn't have been on the court on the last play to begin with.

The only guys taking that last shot should have been Lebron, Wade or Battier. The rest of the crew couldn't hit shit all night.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    5 on 1? Really?

I'm done.

Mac4Lyfe

You are a fool, done arguing
    Sure I'm a fool but you don't even know where he was on the court if you think he had to take a 35 footer when he had the ball near the FT line... There's nothing to argue about. You have a vagina just like Lebron and you'd pass the ball to Gomer Pyle while you changed your tampon

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

what a bad pass by jordan

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Sure I'm a fool but you don't even know where he was on the court if you think he had to take a 35 footer when he had the ball near the FT line... There's nothing to argue about. You have a vagina just like Lebron and you'd pass the ball to Gomer Pyle while you changed your tampon
    you were the one talking about a 35 footer to begin with ya jerkoff

You're just a Lebron hater with no clue is all it comes down to.....but don't worry, you have a lot of company

zsr

ROFL at comparing Jordan passing to the best 3 point shooter in NBA history to Lebron passing to a terrible shooter

Thats like Jordan passing to rodman with the game on the line.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    what a bad pass by jordan

what a bad idea to pass to a guy shooting only 38% in the playoffs from downtown

haslem hits that shot 70% of the time... seriously, its a wide open shot from the elbow

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Mac never had a problem with ya.....Apologize for the dumb insults going back and forth.......The truth is I'm really just sick of hearing about Lebron, people need to get over the fact that he isn't going to take every single last shot, and he also isn't going to hit every last shot he takes.....People need to get off Lebron's jock for every little thing

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

hey lebron... that's why he was open

not that it matters.. haslem could have been the one doubled and lebron still would have been looking to pass

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It may be a good play, but the fact is a superstar like Lebron need to take a shot at the end. He's made it clear he's afraid to lose the game instead of trying to win it.

zsr

Kerr is the best 3 PT shooter of all time.

Haslem hits that shot 20 percent of the time.

Just checked this season it's actually 27.3 percent of the time he hits that shot.

Not quite 70.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

What I wanna know is....why was Wade sniggering at the end of the game as he was shaking some of the Jazz players hands. Looked to me like he wanted to lose it as if they had won it he knows Lebron is the hero in Miami

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I'd rather see him not run from a moment. Rather see him fail and respect him.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

but like Lou says, post some generic chart proving irrelevant game info to show he's soooo clutch.

zsr

Even the generic chart shows he's terrible in the clutch. Says carmelo and Chris Paul are 1 and 2.

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Kerr is the best 3 PT shooter of all time.

Haslem hits that shot 20 percent of the time.

Just checked this season it's actually 27.3 percent of the time he hits that shot.

Not quite 70.
    70%, 27%, pretty much the same thing.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post
    Cmon now... obviously he is not shooting 27% wide open 10 footers for the season. He normally nails that shot all day when wide open... almost any pro and even college player can. That is haslems shot. A 10 foot wide open jumper is not a shot you can pass down.

I played college ball... that is a shot you repeatedly practice every day. Elbow jumpers become like riding a bike. Even our big men that couldnt shoot could knock them down regularly. Obviously he missed it tonight, but im pretty sure any coach would draw it up the same exact way if they had the chance to again.

zsr

I'm just posting the facts.

10-15 feet he's actually shooting 16%. Wow.

Also, that clearly wasn't a 10 footer. I hope your kidding.

Mac4Lyfe

Mac never had a problem with ya.....Apologize for the dumb insults going back and forth.......The truth is I'm really just sick of hearing about Lebron, people need to get over the fact that he isn't going to take every single last shot, and he also isn't going to hit every last shot he takes.....People need to get off Lebron's jock for every little thing
    It's cool bro. We are just Jaw Jacking. Plus, I don't hate Lebron. I think he's the best player on the planet but this is not an anomaly. He has issues in crunch time. He had it in Cleveland too. He does not want the ball in his hands in those moments.

I'm not sure he will ever get that killer instinct. If he's going to pass the ball in the AllStar Game with absolutely nothing on the line then I don't see him changing in a game 7. Luckily for him, I don't see the Heat being challenged this year into a game 7.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by RL75 View Post

zsr

If this was a Lebron/Kobe debate, dlunc would be in here posting walls of stats like he has for the past month.

But when they show he's wrong, he thinks he knows more than the stats

Who would have guessed?

Mac4Lyfe

Cmon now... obviously he is not shooting 27% wide open 10 footers for the season. He normally nails that shot all day when wide open... almost any pro and even college player can. That is haslems shot. A 10 foot wide open jumper is not a shot you can pass down.

I played college ball... that is a shot you repeatedly practice every day. Elbow jumpers become like riding a bike. Even our big men that couldnt shoot could knock them down regularly. Obviously he missed it tonight, but im pretty sure any coach would draw it up the same exact way if they had the chance to again.
    Teams routinely give Rajon Rondo wide open FT shots all game long and even he is smart enough to know not to take it??? Utah left Haslem open knowing that if he beat you then you tip your cap but more times then not, he's not going to beat you with that wide open shot. That's why he was wide open.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Mac - We know ya love Lebron. Its like an old girlfriend that broke ya heart. You wanna love her and hate her all at the same time.

But he's gone now so who cares in Cleveland anymore

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Mac - We know ya love Lebron. Its like an old girlfriend that broke ya heart. You wanna love her and hate her all at the same time.

But he's gone now so who cares in Cleveland anymore
    He'll be back... Nobody loved him like I loved him.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Hello... Lebron was 8/9 in the 4th quarter. That's 89%. Were you even watching the game? Do you really want Haslem shooting the ball when he's cold as Siberia in the winter? or Lebron who couldn't miss? You always get the ball to the hot hand. Haslem shouldn't even had been on the floor.
    its ppl lke you who will never give lebron credit....the play was perfectly designed and maybe you could argue that it should have been miller or wade or battier but you knew lebron would be blanketed....

like ppl are saying, haslem makes that shot all day in the gym. its a foul shot he'd hit 8 times outta 10. if lebron took the shot and missed he would be called a choke. if he passes to a perfect shot at haslem and misses he's a pussy. if he hits the shot he's lucky, if he passes to a win he's a sidenote. its like floyd mayweather. so dumb.

zsr

Why is there this myth that haslem makes that shot all day? He's bottom 5 in the league in shots 3-23 feet. He's a terrible shooter.

How is he like mayweather? Mayweather dominates every fight, especially big draw fights. Lebron is terrible in the clutch and even worse in the finals.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Good play call. We are talking about the NBA here, guys should make that shot 70%-80% of the time, high percentage shot. This is not high school or college.

You have 2 scenarios:
    1. A shot off the dribble while double teamed
    2. A guy with his feet set catching a bounce pass at the elbow rising up with not a hand in his face

Come on. This is basketball. Not a soap opera. This was a good play call.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

LeBron after passing up on the all star game, passed again.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if u ask haslem where his favorite shot is, it would be the elbow FT line
    lebron got his teammate a wide open shot at their spot
    i dont see y thats a bad play

would i have liked him to take the shot?
    hell yea, but he made a good play

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

it was the right play and should be made again if the opportunity presented itself again tomorrow.... wide open shot from the elbow is a shot haslem hits all day

jordan woulda made the same pass.... kobe woulda shot it with two guys him and clanked it as he normally does
    If it was the right play then Spo is definitely dumb! you got the 2 best players in the game and make Haslem shot the ball???

zsr

If it was a shot for wade or mike miller it's a good play

It's a shot for a guy having one of the worst seasons in basketball.

Watch the replay. The double team has no impact, he has the shot if he wants it.

Mac4Lyfe

You guys (vaas and Inkwell) must not watch the NBA. Haslem does not hit that shot 80% of the time. No NBA player is hitting from the field 80% of the time. Hell most of them can't even hit a FT at 80%. What are you all talking about? The NBA has lost the mid range shooters of the 70's and 80's. They don't exist anymore in todays dunk or rain 3's game. Most of these guys can barely make bunnies in the lane let alone hitting from the top of the circle.

As was pointed out earlier. Haslem is shooting well below 30% on the season from 10 - 15 feet. Your crazy if you think he hits that shot 80% when he's a 76% lifetime FT shooter. If he hits that shot that many times then why did he miss it tonight? Bottom line is that he missed the shot and shouldn't be shooting it anyway with only 4 points in the entire game.

First 123 Last