Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm sure that after tonight Howard is out of Orlando.

Yet another embarassing home loss on primetime TV. The guy is probably sick of it.

Guess what, Magic? Another superstar center is leaving to have a shot at a title

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Ehh, pretty sure he made it clear he wanted to leave before the season even started. Even their special ed GM said "nothing has changed" 3 times during the interview with Craig Sager. If their GM was just little bit competent they would have already gotten a hell of a package from the Nets. But now at this point, there doesn't seem to be any team in the bidding as Howard has shut down the idea of signing for pretty much anyone other then NJ or Dallas and maybe LA with a very long shot. Magic dont have a whole lot of leverage left.

Nuggets were playing a dangerous game last year too, but they pulled off a last minute miracle out of their ass cause NY and NJ were in a major bidding way between each other. Seriously doubt Orlando can pull off something like that. Otis Smith might actually think he can bluff Howard into staying. Howard actually thinks he can go to his proffered team as a FA and leave that team with all of their assets they'd have to give up in a trade. And both those things are actually a real possibility with a GM like Smith. This will surely be his last job in the NBA. He thinks he can trade for Ellis or Steve Nash, when other then Howard, noone wants any part of that Orlando scrub ass roster.

Pauulzcappin

I wonder if Dallas will have the cap to lure them both to play with Nowitzki next year.

Sources all around Dallas are talking about how Deron would like to play at home.

It would be one hell of a team with the pieces that the Mavs already have.

I honestly think Orlando is gonna end up without Howard and not get anything in return.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Dwight played amazing tonight...its not exactly embarassing losing to OKC they have the best record

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    I wonder if Dallas will have the cap to lure them both to play with Nowitzki next year.

Sources all around Dallas are talking about how Deron would like to play at home.

It would be one hell of a team with the pieces that the Mavs already have.

I honestly think Orlando is gonna end up without Howard and not get anything in return.
    **** that. I hate that idea. Dwight and Deron can team up in BK, especially if the Nets dont have to give up any peaces in a trade and get Dwight as a FA. They have tons of 1st round picks, young talent like Lopez and Brooks to use as trade bait to get whatever peaces are needed to surround DWill and Dwight. Personally i think the 2 of them are a contending team with dleaguers filling out the rest of the roster. The Nets also have some solid 3 point shooters to put around Dwight as it is (Morrow, Farmar, SWilliams and a guy playing in europe Bogdanovic).

To answer your question about the Mavs. No, Dallas does not have the cap to max out both of them. They can take significantly smaller deals kind of like the Heat did, but even smaller. But for that to be a possibility Mavs would pretty much renounce their whole roster other then Dirk and find a way to trade a few of the long term peaces (Haywood for one).

So i think if Deron does chose to go to Dallas, Dwight will likely stay in Orlando. If they team up, which is what they want, it'll most likely be in BK.

Pauulzcappin

The Nets can actually be relevant in the East if they get Howard. This brooks kid has been playing really well and I'm sure they would get a nice deal for Lopez as long as he's healthy.

They would still need significant improvement over the current roster. Not sure how many 1st round picks they have, but they can get some solid players if they want to compete right away.

Of course everything we are saying is mere speculation at this point but I think Orlando is gonna get fukked on this one.

demens
    Square -910

They have 2 1st rounders just next year (1 from GS). and i think there is one more year they have 2, or maybe they traded that for Deron. But they got more then most teams, and these are high picks, at least for next year.

I disagree with you about the roster, take Howard off the magic and compare the 2 rosters. I think the Nets blow them away talent wise. Im not a fan of Lopez cause he is a big softy but he is one of the best offensive centers in the league, he might actually be the best if you think about it. Morrow is one dimensional but he is one of the best shooters in the game too. You got Brooks who is a crafty scorer and the rest you can fill out with basically energy guys and defenders (like Stevenson, SWillx2, Damion James, etc, guys they already have). I'm not trying to make these guys sound like great players cause the Nets do suck, but add Howard to the mix and these guys look way better then they really are.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

I'm hoping he doesn't and takes the failure upon himself; hopefully this will help his FT %. I reckon once he hits 70% he'll be MVP!

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

howard will be a net.. he has came out and said it .. as far as teams .. id take the nets over the magic WITHOUT dwight, the reason the magic are where they are is because he draws double deams and finds the open man. if dwight goes to brooklyn in the free agency, it could be title contender right away.