Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

5Dimes NBA prop grading question

This afternoon I bet "JaVale McGee under 9 rebounds" (-145) at 5Dimes. When I bet it, I was under the impression the line was set with the knowledge that McGee had been pulled at halftime of last night's game. My bet was still open ten minutes before gametime even though starting lineups had been posted for at least half an hour (by this time the line had moved to -155). After the game, 5Dimes cancelled the wager, and when I contacted Live Help was told, "the player is a starter and he didn't start so bet is no action."

I tried to ask if there were a way to find out whom 5Dimes considers "starters," but the CS person just said "you may know that with depth chart of team."

Is this standard for 5Dimes? I would mind less if the bet had been cancelled before the game, but the line was left open after starting lineups had been posted (and my best was still active), so it's slightly annoying to learn the bet was cancelled ex post facto.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their rules

Proposition bets must have all participants involved in wager play for action. Routine starting players must start the game for action.

Most books aren't going to cancel it as soon as lineups are posted. Takes a bit.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Ok, thanks. I guess in the future I'll contact them about "routine starters."

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

5dimes,is stupid on props. i tried to ask them about mlb total bases one time, because i was wondering if a walk counts as a total base.
    well anyways they went into it and told me, a total base is any position a player takes. for instance he gets on base lets say a walk (1 base) then the next player hits a single, the first batter moves to 2nd (two bases) ect.ect.
    and if you know anything about anything you know that is not how it works, i was trying to explain the guy i know for a fact that is not how you count bases, i just need to know if walks count. he even had me transferred and they said the same shit.
    anyways, good luck talking to them......