zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope your kidding.

He's a quality role player. Nothing more. He obviously could not be Kobe if they asked him too.

Do you realize the team is winning this year because they finally convinced him that he's not a star, that he's not the closer, and that he's just a role player?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    This thread is ridiculous. Andre can put up numbers if that is what this team asks of him. If they wanted him to be Kobe, and put up 40 shots a game - he would do it. If they ask him to guard the other teams best player - he will do it. If they ask him to get other people involved - he will do it, and he can do all of that at a star level, he defends at an elite level. The game has many facets. Defense wins championships. Teyshaun Prince was on the USA teams because he was that guy who would happily sacrifice his own "on paper statistics" to help the team win, and would make it a point of shutting down the other teams best player. There are a ton of people who can do nothing but put the ball in the hole. Would you rather make Kevin Martin an all-star, even though he is one dimensional, how about Monta Ellis... the list goes on. 'Dre is one of the most versatile people in the league. If they wanted to desperately get rid of him, they would have - see Lamar Odom. The fact is other teams cannot come up with a deal worth giving up 'Dre. Andre isn't a superstar - but there is no question he is a Star in this league. Stop being ignorant.
    iggy is scottie pippen. he does everything well except shooting
    he cant shoot to save his life, no matter wat his fg% indicates.
    unfortunately, the dude is way overpaid for his production

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This thread is ridiculous. Andre can put up numbers if that is what this team asks of him. I
    If you're talking about scoring and being the go to guy, the Sixers tried that once. It didn't work out well. That is why he was on the block a couple years in a row. Now that he has realized he is a role player, but a very very good role player, he's much more effective. Andre is not a go to scorer, get you a big bucket when you need it type guy. If he's your go to guy then your team sucks. He thrives as aa 3rd option/role player. The way he is playing right now is perfect for him. He is SO good at what he is doing right now that he does deserve all-star consideration for it. He has finally learned how to play and isn't trying to be something he's not.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    I'm guessing that you are just comparing his style to Scotties, not their actual skill level. If you think iggy is half the player Scottie Pippen was then you're confused.

zsr

I agree Rollins. Spot on. He's a role player, 3rd or 4th scoring option. Solid defender.

He's grossly overpaid and seemingly overrated by sixes fans though. I'm not sure how anyone can believe he could thrive as a lead scorer or closer, especially since weve seen him play terrible in those roles. Could be a nice 4th or 5th option on a playoff team I think.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-29-12 at 12:02 AM.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    I'm guessing that you are just comparing his style to Scotties, not their actual skill level. If you think iggy is half the player Scottie Pippen was then you're confused.
    indeed. play style, not skills. iggy is a mini-lebron/ mini-pippen
    all around game, great D, good speed, good finisher, team player, cant shoot, way overpaid

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    dude please put down the crack pipe. The only thing he can do is pass and dunk. His defense is not all that great. I use to hear the same garbage about Eric Snows defense while his guy got 40 a night. He socores one night and then disappears the next three. If he was traded to the Lakers i bet Kobe would be happy and then after five games Kobe would be yelling at him until they finally benched him. The guy thinks he is way better tahn he actually is.
    What groid doesn't? That doesn't make him any less of a player though.

smoke a bowl

This thread is ridiculous. Andre can put up numbers if that is what this team asks of him. If they wanted him to be Kobe, and put up 40 shots a game - he would do it. If they ask him to guard the other teams best player - he will do it. If they ask him to get other people involved - he will do it, and he can do all of that at a star level, he defends at an elite level.

The game has many facets. Defense wins championships.

Teyshaun Prince was on the USA teams because he was that guy who would happily sacrifice his own "on paper statistics" to help the team win, and would make it a point of shutting down the other teams best player.

There are a ton of people who can do nothing but put the ball in the hole. Would you rather make Kevin Martin an all-star, even though he is one dimensional, how about Monta Ellis... the list goes on.

'Dre is one of the most versatile people in the league.

If they wanted to desperately get rid of him, they would have - see Lamar Odom.

The fact is other teams cannot come up with a deal worth giving up 'Dre.

Andre isn't a superstar - but there is no question he is a Star in this league.

Stop being ignorant.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Here is the deal with this so called superstar Iggy. No one wants him. He is overrated. Lets say if the Lakers wanted him. This clown would think he was the best player and Kobe would be shaking his head every night. They can't get rid of him because he couldn't go to the Lakers because a third option doesn't get paid 14 million. He can't go anywhere because a third option doesn't get 14 million. If i had to compare him with someone it would be Shane Battie. But Shane can hit a three pointer. Shane makes three million. If a team had a choice they would take Shane 10 times out of ten. Yeah Iggy takes the teams best player and then gets lit up most times just like Eric Snow did. Lots of times Collins takes him off when he starts getting lit up. The guy is no 14 million dollar player and this is why they can't get rid of him. The only way they will be able to if if they package him with a Holliday or someone else. Then someone might bite. His 14 million for his talents is killing the team.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    OMG Scotty Pippen

smoke a bowl

Here is the deal with this so called superstar Iggy. No one wants him. He is overrated. Lets say if the Lakers wanted him. This clown would think he was the best player and Kobe would be shaking his head every night. They can't get rid of him because he couldn't go to the Lakers because a third option doesn't get paid 14 million. He can't go anywhere because a third option doesn't get 14 million. If i had to compare him with someone it would be Shane Battie. But Shane can hit a three pointer. Shane makes three million. If a team had a choice they would take Shane 10 times out of ten. Yeah Iggy takes the teams best player and then gets lit up most times just like Eric Snow did. Lots of times Collins takes him off when he starts getting lit up. The guy is no 14 million dollar player and this is why they can't get rid of him. The only way they will be able to if if they package him with a Holliday or someone else. Then someone might bite. His 14 million for his talents is killing the team.
    You do realize that you just compared Iggy to arguably the most underrated player of all time?

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    You do realize that you just compared Iggy to arguably the most underrated player of all time?
    Im aware that i compared him with a guy i feel has a similar style to his but he makes 1 fifth of what Iggy does and that is the problem. Straight up salary's even i would take Shane over Iggy. Nobody in this league is gonna let Iggy play point forward like the Sixers do and when they don't he will be the bench player i said he would be after the first year of a trade.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

did you just say teams would take shane over iggy 10 times out of 10??

dlunc3

Team USA needs to find a new coach.. how could coach K be so clueless to even keep this guy on the team, let alone start him?!?!

If only we could have you all coach our country.. not only in basketball, but all sports! We would be kings in every contest!

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

first off you can't ignore #s and your whining about creditably of the site is lols, those #s are real.

you would know what kobe thinks wouldn't you

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-0...ixers-iguodala

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    first off you can't ignore #s and your whining about creditably of the site is lols, those #s are real. you would know what kobe thinks wouldn't you http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-0...ixers-iguodala
    I only looked at the stats link for 5 seconds and it said he's better than every forward in the league

Thats all you need to see
    They literally cannot GIVE him away
    Last edited by zsr; 02-29-12 at 01:40 PM.

zsr

Its no surprise once they convince him he's not a scorer, not a closer, not a star, and just a role player, they start to win.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    did you just say teams would take shane over iggy 10 times out of 10??

Yeah Shane at 3 million and Iggy at 14 million who wouldn't? U are clueless if u think GMs rather have Iggy at that number then Shane at his number. Again Iggy at that number has not one GM wanting him. They all know he is overpaid and overrated.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    first off you can't ignore #s and your whining about creditably of the site is lols, those #s are real.

you would know what kobe thinks wouldn't you

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-0...ixers-iguodala

what is Kobe gonna do trash him? Jordan used to do that kind of shit all the time to sucker guys in. Kobe also is begging for anyone now like he did the year they got Gasol.

zsr

Yeah Shane at 3 million and Iggy at 14 million who wouldn't? U are clueless if u think GMs rather have Iggy at that number then Shane at his number. Again Iggy at that number has not one GM wanting him. They all know he is overpaid and overrated.
    Agreed.

Im not sure WTF these people are watching or have been watching for the past 3 years if they think iggy is anything close to an elite player. And then one guy posts a link that says he's better than every forward in the league. Unreal.

Every single GM in the league would take battier for 1/4 of the price.

zsr

Philly will continue to try to GIVE him away, and there will continue to be no takers, because every GM knows he's overrated.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Philly will continue to try to GIVE him away, and there will continue to be no takers, because every GM knows he's overrated.
    I don't think he's overrated he's just overpaid. I think at this point he is rated properly by most people as in 'A really good player and if he can be the 3rd best guy on your team you can be a contender'. I don't think anyone is confusing him with a franchise player anymore. that was the problem when he got overpaid, and that's why no one wants him now b/c of his salary, not his skill level.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post

I don't think he's overrated he's just overpaid. I think at this point he is rated properly by most people as in 'A really good player and if he can be the 3rd best guy on your team you can be a contender'. I don't think anyone is confusing him with a franchise player anymore. that was the problem when he got overpaid, and that's why no one wants him now b/c of his salary, not his skill level.
    I think that's the argument people in this thread are making though.

I agree, if he got a Shane battier/Tony Allen salary, hed be a great fit somewhere if he continues to play in his role. This is the first time he's playing this role though, so I wonder if it keeps up. Even at the beginning of the season he tried to be the scorer, closer type that he's just not.

Thor4140

I think that's the argument people in this thread are making though.

I agree, if he got a Shane battier/Tony Allen salary, hed be a great fit somewhere if he continues to play in his role. This is the first time he's playing this role though, so I wonder if it keeps up. Even at the beginning of the season he tried to be the scorer, closer type that he's just not.
    That is a problem Zs cause the guy thinks he is better than he actually is. He is a role player playing a role he is not good at. i wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was underpaid. The Sixers are absolutely trapped with that contract. Nothing new tho. Seems like they are always trap with contracts. I will tell ya another thing. Collins is an okay coach and nothing more. He is a Larry Brown. He takes terrible teams and makes them a little better and then finally his act gets old and ya got to get rid of him. I heard that if Holliday gets like three turnovers a game he has to run laps. These guys are adults and he pulls nonsense like this. This team had no way to go but up when he took over. Press already has the fans believing he is the next Pat Reilly Mark my words. These guys will get tired of his act eventually.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

This game shows why he is an AllStar. With 4 minutes left in the 4th he has 15 pts, 6 ast, 7 reb, 2 steals and is holding Durant to 17 points.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nah, Ethan - this ZSR clown wants to award one dimensional offensive players who cannot defend their position, and throw people who can defend their position at an elite level, while doing everything else well, to the curb.

Schmuck.

zsr

Nah, Ethan - this ZSR clown wants to award one dimensional offensive players who cannot defend their position, and throw people who can defend their position at an elite level, while doing everything else well, to the curb.

Schmuck.
    While doing everything else well? Is that a joke?

Maybe they'll be able to trade him this offseason, huh? Fat chance though.

Schmuck.

zsr

Just realized your the one who posted that response saying he could be a superstar if that's what they asked him to do

How'd that work out the past 4 years? Oh. Thats right.

Thor4140

Just realized your the one who posted that response saying he could be a superstar if that's what they asked him to do

How'd that work out the past 4 years? Oh. Thats right.

u see what this clown did at the end of the game tonight? Ok City leaves him open for a wide open three and he hits it to cut the lead to 1. Sixers foul with 4.3 Seconds. Durant (who always seems to have bad games when the line is shady) Makes the first then misses the second. Igodala lets Westbrook inside of him to take the rebound away. How fuking stupid can he be? This is what i mean by this idiot. Sure enuf Westbrook hits both shots and Ok City wins by four. Igadola at his finest.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    This game shows why he is an AllStar. With 4 minutes left in the 4th he has 15 pts, 6 ast, 7 reb, 2 steals and is holding Durant to 17 points.
    hes was good for tonite, but wat about the next game?
    and the game after that?
    iggy is not gonna get u those type of numbers every nite
    those are the type of stats he needs to put up every nite for the salary that he makes

dlunc3

lol you guess just continue to make yourself look foolish... who cares if the guy is over paid, that has nothing to do with this thread.

NBA coaches chose him to be an all start and coach k started him every game for our countrys world championship team.

You continue to make yourselves look so foolish thinking you are smarter then the best NBA minds in the world

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post

And then with a bonehead mistake a high school student wouldn't make he blows the game letting a guy half his size get a rebound off a miss foul shot.

zsr

u see what this clown did at the end of the game tonight? Ok City leaves him open for a wide open three and he hits it to cut the lead to 1. Sixers foul with 4.3 Seconds. Durant (who always seems to have bad games when the line is shady) Makes the first then misses the second. Igodala lets Westbrook inside of him to take the rebound away. How fuking stupid can he be? This is what i mean by this idiot. Sure enuf Westbrook hits both shots and Ok City wins by four. Igadola at his finest.
    Yep, as usual

The iggy fans will never admit it though.

When your GM will give you away to anyone willing, you know there's a problem,

Typical iggy. That 3 he hit might of been the first clutch time shot he's hit in his career, then he blows the game on the other end

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yep, as usual

The iggy fans will never admit it though.

When your GM will give you away to anyone willing, you know there's a problem,

Typical iggy. That 3 he hit might of been the first clutch time shot he's hit in his career, then he blows the game on the other end
    Anyone willing. Really? You must be mentally defunct. You want to see what happens when they want to just get rid of you - it's Lamar Odom.

Oh and you think they want to get rid of him so fukkin bad, and think he is overpaid - yet the GM was unwilling to Amnesty him ala Roy or Arenas?

C'mon man - your argument is "he is not an all-star, because.... I sais so."

Best coach in the game starts him in world competition - on a team that means more than being an "all-star."

Amnesty + Lamar Odom shits on your whole "can't get rid of him" stupidity.

Do us all a favor, and start another thread where you insist on counting to "potatoe"

zsr

Oh wow, resorting to personal insults on an anonymous Internet forum because your only comeback is"he started on a world championship team 3 years ago"

He's not an all star because he does 1 thing well. He can't shoot, he can't score, he can't close, he can't rebound at an all star level (see, tonight).

Are we putting Tony Allen in the all star game? No.

You said in your post he can do anything they ask and be a "star" and your insulting my intelligence? Please. They went down that road. He failed. Again and again and again. They are successful this year because they convinced him he's a ROLE player. I'm not sure why you don't see that.

First 1234 Last