lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Knicks are a joke. They couldn't even beat New Orleans or New Jersey

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 857

I think he was 1-11. This guy looked like a division 3 college kid out there. He had his 15 minutes. Scouting reports are out on him and he is a turnover machine. Doubt he is a starter in the NBA next year.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Man, Lin just doesn't look athletic enough to me to be a great PG in the NBA....

Watching Lin tonight, it really made me appreciate how amazing Derrick Rose is. Derrick routinely splits double teams and blows by all 5 defenders and finishes at he rim like it's nothing.

Lin was getting trapped at the top of the key and he could do NOTHING.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

except dribble it off his shoe about 5 times... i really hope the hype cools down after this

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    except dribble it off his shoe about 5 times... i really hope the hype cools down after this
    Me too. I'm happy for him, and it is a great story. But I'm sick of hearing about it already.

Lin week (His breakout week) was awesome, but after that, it just was overkill.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Me too. I'm happy for him, and it is a great story. But I'm sick of hearing about it already.

Lin week (His breakout week) was awesome, but after that, it just was overkill.
    No different than a guy who hits .450 with 10 homers the first month of the MLB season -- except Lin hit .700 with 20 homers.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

overreact much. So he finally had 1 really bad game after 2 weeks, happened to be against the best team in the league that plays insane defense. I hate the knicks with a passion, but give me a break. This game doesn't prove or show anything other then the fact that Lin isn't a superstar. And if you didn't know that than you are a ******* moron, which on this site makes you smarter then average i guess.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    overreact much. So he finally had 1 really bad game after 2 weeks, happened to be against the best team in the league that plays insane defense. I hate the knicks with a passion, but give me a break. This game doesn't prove or show anything other then the fact that Lin isn't a superstar. And if you didn't know that than you are a ******* moron, which on this site makes you smarter then average i guess.
    But that's the whole point. He was treated as such, and regarded as such. Casual NBA fans and a lot of posters on this site are under the assumption that's exactly what he is based on the aberrational numbers he's put up so far.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

This was a bad spot for Lin and the Knicks. I wouldn't put much into it. The Knicks are a middle of the road team that should beat average teams but not really ready for the elite teams. He'll get better in time. The Heat like the Nets were gunning for him and had their game marked on the calendar.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Few people know that guy, I called like it was right after he got off to his hot start and knicks fans got all worked up.

I'm actually one of the few here who watches the games and is able to give a solid opinion on players, even if they are bad.

Get over your anger management issues and post like civilized people for once.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 857

He is turning the ball over at a record pace and had a mere 5 or 6 really good games. He's only the third player in NBA history to turn the ball over 8x and shoot 10% of less in a game (vs Heat) and he's turned the ball over 8 or more times 4x this season and he's only played about 12 games? This guy will never last.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Two things.

The Miami guards 'worked' Lin, from the base line to mid court, the Heat did not give Lin a free pass up the court like previous teams did.
    They were in his face as he dribbled the ball up the court, not once, but just about every time the Knicks brought the ball up.
    They pressured him hard.

2) The kid is a remarkable story, easy to like, I wish him nothing but success, he can compete against the John Doe middle of the pack NBA talent, but he is light years away from competing with the Wade's, Chris Paul, LeBron's of the NBA.
    Not even close, maybe 3 years down the road, maybe he can play with the big boys, but not right now.
    He got exposed last night, he had no idea what do about the backcourt pressure he received last night.

Like I said, Lin got 'worked'

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

Leave the guy alone... Miami is unstoppable right now Jeremy couldn't do anything about that.

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I don't know why people are bashing on the knicks, they aren't even a team yet, most of their key players either just got back from injuries or just got signed. Give them time and they will only get better.