dave7166
    Update your status
    dave7166's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1416

Stephon Marbury

Stephon Marbury from Georgia Tech Univ and former Timberwolves, Nets, Suns, Knicks and Celtics point guard is 35 today..Marbury was a 2X All-Star and had 19.3 ppg with 7.6 apg..In 2007, Stephon donated $4,000,000 to New York City, $1,000,000 each to the NYPD, FDNY, EMT, and New York City Teacher's Fund..In 2006, Marbury partnered with Steve & Barry's to promote a line of shoes and clothing bearing his nickname, "Starbury"..The line of shoes he endorsed sold for $14.98, far less than many other shoe lines..Marbury is on the cover of the Midway video game NBA Ballers. He has been named to The Sporting News list of "Good Guys in Sports" three times.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you liked Marbury, you'll love Isaiah Canaan.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Hmmm....that impresses me. I've heard some different things about Marbury, but that's some great philanthropy. Cheers to him

(PS I hope he's not broke now )

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Hmmm....that impresses me. I've heard some different things about Marbury, but that's some great philanthropy. Cheers to him

(PS I hope he's not broke now )
    He's kinda gonna flakey, but his Starbury move was downright revolutionary. Inner city kids ain't shooting each other over $10 sneakers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbury