YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Gary St. Jean

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Of course there not going to just all of a sudden become a championship team, Charlotte isn't Miami or LA, nobody is lining up too play there. Give him 2 more years and 2 more high lottery picks, the team will be a winner. Sam presti is generally regarded as an outstanding general manager and it took him 3 high lottery picks to build OKC. If you look at his past mistakes from a unbiased stance, everyone was taking kwame number 1, and Morrison averaged something like 11 and 4 his first year before he tore his ACL.
    Because Sam Presti knows how to draft. He found a gem in Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. Durant was the easiest pick in the history of the NBA draft after Portland took Oden.

Jordan doesn't know how to build a team. Presti did it in about 2-3 years. What is this, Jordan's 6th year and they are going to lose more games than any other team this season. I guess he needs a full decade until he can have a winning team.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have only to look to Africa and all the great African renaissance cities there... to see the future outcome

young chad
    young chad's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW! I cannot ******* believe that people are defending MJ the owner. Seriously, that guy is Isaiah Thomas bad! MJ drafted DJ Augustin...after already having a starting PG in Felton, he let's all of his quality roleplayers go...and his only all-star? He traded...I think?! Even though Crash (Gerald Wallace) had JUST signed back with the Bobcats for less money than ANYONE was offering him just because he loved the team. People act like the Bobcats weren't a playoff caliber team before MJ took over...they could've been a GREAT team...they could've been OKc before OKc was OKc...Felton/Richardson/Wallace/Okefur...but noooo MJ is a CHEAP...CHEAP bastard...only thing he's worse at doing than signing Free agents is scouting rookie talent. Crazy because had he built a halfway decent team...I'm pretty sure he could've had Chris Paul as his PG of the future

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Because Sam Presti knows how to draft. He found a gem in Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. Durant was the easiest pick in the history of the NBA draft after Portland took Oden.

Jordan doesn't know how to build a team. Presti did it in about 2-3 years. What is this, Jordan's 6th year and they are going to lose more games than any other team this season. I guess he needs a full decade until he can have a winning team.
    Are you kidding? Come on. Presti had what, a top 3 pick, 3 years in a row?

Jordan made the playoffs in 2010. Have you seen what Wallace and Jackson are doing elsewhere? I mean what do you want him to do? DJ augisitin was a nice pick, and obviously way too early to judge kemba and biyombo.

He's only been the full controlling owner for 2 years. It's completely his team now, it wasn't before.

krisw369
    krisw369's Avatar Become A Pro!

And he has done nothing and his team is absolutely tragic....when you lose first halfs by 20-30, then lose garbage time by 10-20, whats that say about your team? Maybe he should sign Iverson, Antoine Walker, Jamaal Tinsley, Mikkki Moore, Antonio Daniels, and Ricky davis to give people a reason to watch!!!

Crofta
    Crofta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This Charlotte team is just plain horrific. Shouldn't even be in the league.

What does it say about Toronto then?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

MJ is cheap as fukk. People say Charlotte is not a big market but Jordan has every bit as much money as any owner in the NBA.

He should sell the Bobcats

zsr

would you prefer he give max deals to guys like rashard Lewis?

It's Charlotte. Superstars aren't lining up to play there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

would you prefer he give max deals to guys like rashard Lewis?

It's Charlotte. Superstars aren't lining up to play there.
    Why do people keep saying this? Isn't Charlotte one of the Top 10-20 cities in America population wise? I know it's one of the Top-10 fastest growing cities on an almost annual basis. Weather isn't bad there ... what am I missing? You say it like it's in the middle of nowhere Alaska.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? Isn't Charlotte one of the Top 10-20 cities in America population wise? I know it's one of the Top-10 fastest growing cities on an almost annual basis. Weather isn't bad there ... what am I missing? You say it like it's in the middle of nowhere Alaska.
    Because there isnt one big time player or even near max free agent that wanted to sign there.same deal that okc and minny had. What do you guys want jordan to do? Give max deals to guys who dont deserve anything close to it so he can be an 8 seed and win 1 game? No.

Speedy88

One other reason why MJ will never be a good owner/GM is because nobody wants to play under him. Why would any player want to play for the greatest basketball player of all time. That's a ton of pressure having Michael Jordan as your boss. No wonder why Kwame Brown never panned out, the guy was probably under so much pressure.

It's Jordan's 6th year (I believe), and he has never once had a team that has seriously contended for anything, and now they are the worst team in the NBA with a record of 4-27. And how are you defending him?

zsr

Im just telling you to look at the facts.

Its his 2nd full year as controlling owner.

How did OKC become good? TERRIBLE for 3 years.
    How did cleveland get lebron and become a playoff team? They sucked.
    How is minnesota relevant finally? They sucked.

This is the process small markets have to take.

Not everyone can run a franchise like the New york knicks into the ground and have superstars still demanding to be traded there.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

who cares, as long as they keep being one of the worst teams ever...i will bet against them until the season is over!

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Just to be clear the worst owner in nba history...even worse than that fuk Sterling...is the nba itself

What's going on in new Orleans is fukking criminal
    My thoughts exactly.

Sad when the highlight of the year is beating the Knicks in MSG.

If the Hornets owner (NBA) allows the Paul trade to the Lakers....the Hornets are fighting for a playoff spot right now.

Speedy88

Im just telling you to look at the facts.

Its his 2nd full year as controlling owner.

How did OKC become good? TERRIBLE for 3 years.
    How did cleveland get lebron and become a playoff team? They sucked.
    How is minnesota relevant finally? They sucked.

This is the process small markets have to take.

Not everyone can run a franchise like the New york knicks into the ground and have superstars still demanding to be traded there.
    Hasn't Charlotte sucked for the last decade?

04-05: 18-64
    05-06: 26-56
    06-07: 33-49
    07-08: 32-50
    08-09: 35-47
    09-10: 44-38
    10-11: 34-48
    11-12: 4-27 (to be determined)

So you are saying that if you suck for 3 years then you get good? I don't think the Charlotte got the memo.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Yes Charlotte is one of the top 20 largest cities in America with great weather.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Jordan needs to buy some free agents or gtfo of the league. Jordan is rich as fukk who cares if he over pays. He doesnt need money

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

kentucky would beat the bobcats right now

young chad

Charlotte really isn't a small market though..I'm pretty sure it's the leading banking city in the US..it's like top 20 in population and the freakin arena is owned by Time Warner...plus the team is owned by MJ...he is his own market. Let's be honest..no one wants to play for the team because the owner is GARBAGE...if Jordan wasn't so cheap, people could jump ALL over that and have instant endorsement deals...BkofAma/Jordan Brand/Time Warner all INSTANTLY come to mind.

Of course Charlotte isn't New York, Los Angeles or Chicago...or even Miami (Isn't Miami technically a small market team)..but honestly...if the management was better..there's no reason why Charlotte couldn't do what say a San Antonio/OKc/Memphis have done...I KNOW the Bobcats have more marketability than the Hornets/Jazz/Grizz/Magic and damn near half the teams in the league..

Let's just be honest..MJ sucks as an owner..they suck at drafting..and they don't even try to build a competitive team, let alone a team that's fun to watch and marketable for the fans...MJ the player once said "This is the NBA...there are no small markets, if you can't make a profit on your team..sell em"...I wish MJ the player would smack around MJ the owner...but to be honest...I think him owning the team is more about saying "**** you" to everyone else...another notch under his belt and less about actually trying to be a legit owner

Speedy88

I heard MJ is an A-hole as well.

young chad

Jordan the owner should EASILY be able to lead away some of the players from other small market teams that can't play for LA/LA/Chi/NY or Miami...there are sooo many quality players out there that Charlotte should EASILY be able to sign 2 all-stars that are unselfish and want to win and know they wouldn't make it in a big city..and then sign a bunch of role-players ala Denver...letting Felton go was STUPID...letting Crash go was even dumber...could've EASILY built around Felton/_____/Wallace/______/______ could've gotten Rudy Gay or someone...promise these dudes to be in Jordan ads in every city/country...put them in BkofAma commercials..get Time Warner to negotiate more Bobcats games on tv..anything

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yeah Charlotte is not a small market

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Jordan helped Dallas win a championship (by trading Chandler) and rebuilt Portland (by trading G. Wallace).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jordan is real bad

Only think on his mid is gambling and gold therefore destroys team

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Charlotte sucks....Charlotte WILL ALWAYS SUCK AND HAS ALWAYS SUCKED

God said let there be light and let Charlotte suck

That fukin team has won 4 fukin games out of 31 (cue Bull Durham "how the hell did they win 4...its a miracle"), if Jordan is paying those fukin bums over minimum wage he's payin too much

They've got players not only have I not heard of but literally NO ONE has heard of

Heres a game...try to name the starting 5 for the Charlotte Bobcats...if u get 1 right you live in Charlotte...2 right and you work for the Bobcats...3 or more and you're one of the starters

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I looked it up (even though I'm a huge NBA fan even I couldnt ever bet on or watch a Bobcats game bc the spreads are usually Bobcats +40) their 2 "franchise" players are Corey Maggette who makes 10 mil a year and Boris Diaw who makes 9 mil , neither of which would even start for any other team...fukin pathetic!

Charlotte

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Hasn't Charlotte sucked for the last decade?

04-05: 18-64
    05-06: 26-56
    06-07: 33-49
    07-08: 32-50
    08-09: 35-47
    09-10: 44-38
    10-11: 34-48
    11-12: 4-27 (to be determined)

So you are saying that if you suck for 3 years then you get good? I don't think the Charlotte got the memo.
    Jordan has had full control of the team for 2 years, not 8.

First 12