Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Anyone like Pistons +5.5?

What does everyone think about the Pistons +5.5 against the Celtics? I've been fading the Celts all season and making good money off of them.

I know a lot of people will talk about the revenge factor for the Celtics after losing to Detroit earlier this week at home, but I think the Pistons have a ton of confidence right now, and they know they can beat the Celtics. Pistons have won two in a row, and 6 of their last 8 games (hard to believe that).

Also, Celtics play a big game on national TV against the Mavs the following day (Monday). Pistons don't play until Tuesday.

I don't see how you don't take the points here with the home team.

Pistons +5.5

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Like the over here

I honestly have no idea which Celtics team will turn up each day. does revenge angle still apply if you lost to a pretty shitty team?

actually where is NoCoin....he loves himself a +5.5 home dog

Speedy88

I think the Pistons confidence outweighs the revenge factor for the Celts. And I don't think there is much of a "revenge factor" when you lose to a weak team like Detroit. Pistons are playing better ball than the Celts right now. Celts have lost 4 of their last 5 games, and Detroit has won 6 of their last 8 games.

The line seems a bit high. Celts were -9.5 just a few days ago at home against the Pistons, and now they are -5.5? Taking into account home court, shouldn't this line be more like Celts -3.5?

Either way, I'll take whatever points I can get. I'm sure the ML is worth a good shot as well.

www.hentaisports
    www.hentaisports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Pistons +5.5!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Joe public is more heavily involved on Sundays so the books inflate lines a point or two sometimes. Yes the line should be -3.5 or so but making it 5.5 will give them more balanced money here. Teasers/exotics out the ying-yang on the Celtics.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

I think Boston is 4-1 Ats on Sunday.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

I'm on this one too Speedy. BOL.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i can see why you're thinking this way, the line is BOS -5 now

it's a hard game to call either way... but the Celtics usually get "up"
    for Sunday games.. good luck..

TheSituation559
    TheSituation559's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does the Boston ML look? I don't think they'll over look the Pistons today. They just lost to them

Speedy88

Line just dropped to BOS -4.5 at pinnacle

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I've been fading the Celts all season and making good money off of them.
    you've been picking the right spots for sure. you'd be up 1.7 units if you flat faded em every game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Detroit is one of the five worst teams in the league. They are also coming off an emotional win against the Kings.

Boston has had some rest and they are probably ready to avenge the loss Detroit handed them in Boston.

Just some things to ponder.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Detroit is one of the five worst teams in the league. They are also coming off an emotional win against the Kings. Boston has had some rest and they are probably ready to avenge the loss Detroit handed them in Boston. Just some things to ponder.
    I think you may be looking into too many factors. I don't think a young and weak Pistons team is really due for a letdown. If this were a veteran team, I think you could say that, but I think all this recent success has given the team confidence. They are no longer intimated by Boston. Boston has no business being 5 point favs on the road.

SalvadorC
    SalvadorC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Line just dropped to BOS -4.5 at pinnacle
    Garnett (hip) expected to miss game

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorC View Post
    thank you sir.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Pistons are shit. GL

BigDofBA

I think you may be looking into too many factors. I don't think a young and weak Pistons team is really due for a letdown. If this were a veteran team, I think you could say that, but I think all this recent success has given the team confidence. They are no longer intimated by Boston. Boston has no business being 5 point favs on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Pistons are shit. GL
    That's a good a point. I was just throwing in my two cents.

The line move was most likely attributed to the Garnett situation and not sharp money coming in on Detroit.

I'm just warning people that shit teams like the Pistons will burn you more times than not.

Speedy88

That's a good a point. I was just throwing in my two cents. The line move was most likely attributed to the Garnett situation and not sharp money coming in on Detroit. I'm just warning people that shit teams like the Pistons will burn you more times than not.
    Yeah the line movement was due to KG. IMO, the Pistons at home w/ a fully healthy roster now is better than a Celts team on the road w/o KG.

Keep in mind, BOS has to travel to DAL tomorrow whereas DET doesn't play until Tuesday.

BigDofBA

Yeah the line movement was due to KG. IMO, the Pistons at home w/ a fully healthy roster now is better than a Celts team on the road w/o KG.
    I haven't made a play on this game yet but I disagree.

The Pistons are almost dead last in the NBA offensively and the Celtics are #2 defensively. Boston should own them on the glass as well.

Boston will have the three best players on the court today so I'm not sure where you are getting that Detroit has a better roster. Also, the Celtics almost have as many road wins as the Pistons have home wins.

The Palace is not a tough place to play in anymore.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Detroit won against them 5 days ago by about 10 points but majority is still on Boston ML and spread...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Detroit won against them 5 days ago by about 10 points but majority is still on Boston ML and spread...
    That doesn't mean anything. The Wizards beat the Thunder and the Nets beat the Bulls.

That doesn't mean you take the Wizards and Nets next time those teams play each other.

Detroit is also 10-22.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I like Detroit here as well. They have the confidence that they can beat this Celtic team and will not give up until the end.

Speedy88

I haven't made a play on this game yet but I disagree. The Pistons are almost dead last in the NBA offensively and the Celtics are #2 defensively. Boston should own them on the glass as well. Boston will have the three best players on the court today so I'm not sure where you are getting that Detroit has a better roster. Also, the Celtics almost have as many road wins as the Pistons have home wins. The Palace is not a tough place to play in anymore.
    Well to be honest, I'm a big BOS doubter. I just think they are a really weak team. They are 15-14 in a pretty shallow eastern conference. Put this team in the West and they'd probably be down in the standings near PHX and GS.

And as for BOS having the 3 best players on the court, I disagree with that. Ray Allen is not better than Greg Monroe or Stuckey. I would even take Ben Gordon over Ray. Ray is old, he rarely scores 20+ anymore. His scoring is wayy down this year. And if he werent' playing with one of the NBA's best passing PG's, he'd probably be scoring closer to 10 points than 15.

the grim
    the grim's Avatar Become A Pro!

na sorry got boston -5 $300

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

That doesn't mean anything. The Wizards beat the Thunder and the Nets beat the Bulls.

That doesn't mean you take the Wizards and Nets next time those teams play each other.

Detroit is also 10-22.
    True, they are 10-22 but they are killing it ATS lately. They are at home and rested and Boston has Dallas tomorrow.

BigDofBA

Well to be honest, I'm a big BOS doubter. I just think they are a really weak team. They are 15-14 in a pretty shallow eastern conference. Put this team in the West and they'd probably be down in the standings near PHX and GS. And as for BOS having the 3 best players on the court, I disagree with that. Ray Allen is not better than Greg Monroe or Stuckey. I would even take Ben Gordon over Ray. Ray is old, he rarely scores 20+ anymore. His scoring is wayy down this year.
    That's cool. We just have differeing opinions.

I don't think Boston is a world beater by any means, but I think the Pistons are one of the worst teams in the league. I'll take Rondo, Pierce, Allan and Rivers over Monroe, Stuckey, Gordon, and Frank.

As for your comments regarding the East, it may actually be better than the West this year. Miami and Chicago are pretty decent teams.

I think Boston will suffocate the Pistons defensively and own them on the glass. Detroit comes back down to earth this game and Boston avenges it's loss earlier in the week.

Speedy88

That's cool. We just have differeing opinions.

I don't think Boston is a world beater by any means, but I think the Pistons are one of the worst teams in the league. I'll take Rondo, Pierce, Allan and Rivers over Monroe, Stuckey, Gordon, and Frank.

As for your comments regarding the East, it may actually be better than the West this year. Miami and Chicago are pretty decent teams.

I think Boston will suffocate the Pistons defensively and own them on the glass. Detroit comes back down to earth this game and Boston avenges it's loss earlier in the week.
    West > East

West is much deeper. If playoffs started today, the 9 through 13 seeds in the west would be: POR, UTA, MIN, GS, PHX. The 9 through 13 seeds in the East are MIL, CLE, DET, NJ, TOR. Teams like Phili, ATL, IND, etc. get these nice looking records because they beat up on the vast list of weak eastern conference teams. There are about 6 really bad teams in the east, only 2 really bad teams in the west (NOH and SAC).

But I do agree that the two best teams in the NBA are in the east.

the grim

yeah good stuff Big D

the grim

good shit speedy 88 ...boston not great but enough to beat clev 103 - 94

BigDofBA

Well to be honest, I'm a big BOS doubter. I just think they are a really weak team. They are 15-14 in a pretty shallow eastern conference.
    Aren't the Pistons 10-22 in the "shallow" East?

Didn't they lose at home to Washington by 21?

Boston isn't the same team they were a few years ago but they are still the better team here.

Speedy88

Aren't the Pistons 10-22 in the "shallow" East? Didn't they lose at home to Washington by 21? Boston isn't the same team they were a few years ago but they are still the better team here.
    Yep, but what matters most is what is happening recently. Pistons are 6-2 in their last 8 games. Celts are 1-4 in their last 5. Don't let stuff from 3 months ago dictate how you play today's game.

Good luck to you BigD.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Boston ML.

hey buddy
    hey buddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10423

Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorC View Post

Not that it really matters but Garnett is out due to a family matter according to ESPN. I think this one is close, still lean Boston but gl.

BigDofBA

Yep, but what matters most is what is happening recently. Pistons are 6-2 in their last 8 games. Celts are 1-4 in their last 5. Don't let stuff from 3 months ago dictate how you play today's game. Good luck to you BigD.
    I realize the Pistons are 6-2 over the last eight games but I think that's deceptive.

They have beaten the following.

Nets
    Nets
    Hornets
    Kings
    Bucks
    Celtics

I would like them more had they not beaten Boston five days ago.

Thanks for the kinds words. Hopefully this discussion helped anyone wanting to bet this game. Boston is still a playoff team and the Pistons are still a team that will finish well below .500.

BigDofBA

Boston decided not to play defense.

Nice call on Detroit.

12 Last