freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

we got a new ni**er guy in the public eye

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

did you miss the youtube video from the school beating recently?
    Mostly asians.

Did you miss the big riot in a chinese restaurant recently?
    Asians vs Blacks

yes there's no asian gangs or asian riots or asian violence....

Asians are not going take over anything because America is already owned by someone smarter than them.
    ONE VIDEO?

you want me to start posting all the articles and vids with knee grows beating and raping helpless defenceless women?

i will trade the one isolated case for all the others any day

when i see the percentage of inmates in prisons i fail to see that many asians, wonder why?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Asians are good people!!!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Asians are good people!!!
    Who will soon rule the world so we better get used to it, like it or not...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post

well shari, not everyone gets worked up about stuff like this. it is a little presumptuous of you to think everyone would be uppity if it "hit close to home" or whatever. it's when you care too much about this ******* wool that politicians and pundits and preachers try to pull over your eyes to make you feel like you're this or you're that, and then you begin to serve the interests of "your group" over the interests of yourself. the establishment wants people to care about that shit because then they know how to sell things to certain people and so voting bases are defined.

you have the choice to be bothered by someone being a complete fukking idiot, like the writer who got fired. i honestly think most people of any descent feel like dave does in this video.

I think if we lived in an ideal world, that's how life would be. However it's simply not like that. Most of us can find something to be offended about and while some are simply opportunistic about it, many times people are truly offended even if the comments are due to ignorance (often innocent - not in a negative way) from the person who stated it to begin with. I *believe* that most of us on here will agree that whomever wrote that headline wasn't being malicious, they were just careless, which we all have been at some point. However someone saying the same thing at an Asian wedding wouldn't make worldwide headlines like this ESPN incident has and there's a reason for that... there's a standard we uphold media outlets to - especially the main outlet covering this sport. This isn't some little Omaha newspaper who posted this. They dropped the ball. Not once, but several times. You'd get Salooned on SBR for that comment, if not sent to the Private Zone with an infraction if you had a history of that stuff. That's the point - if the majority of SBR posters know that this could be conceived as overboard, you'd think bloody ESPN would.

jjgold

Asians..polite..smart, friendly

Love to gamble!!!

Great wives

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Asians..polite..smart, friendly

Love to gamble!!!

Great wives
    Agreed.

If it wasn't for their terrible driving skills they'd have it all!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

all math wizards and hung like giraffes.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    u obviously have nothing to with asians

the only reason the asian dont go around causing riots cause they are focused on more important issues like raising a family in peace and not prone to emotional outbursts

and they do not need a asian race baiter-like al sharpton

keep up with your cheap shots, all the time they are slowly taking over
    The writer is married to an Asian woman, if he honestly didn't realize how racist readers were going to be, doesn't that make everyone getting upset the racists? That's what everyone isn't getting. How you choose to read into it is your own racist mindset coming to play. I'm sure plenty of people didn't know "chink" was a racial slur and now will know thanks to all the "non-racists" who made such a big deal out of it.

Good job, guys. Another big win for political correctness.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Who will soon rule the world so we better get used to it, like it or not...
    nooooo, still little men.

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

The writer isn't married to an asian woman. That would be the anchor who got suspended and he did go on twitter saying he wasn't thinking when he said it. It is really hard to not believe that the headline was not another play on words in reference to Lin.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    The writer is married to an Asian woman, if he honestly didn't realize how racist readers were going to be, doesn't that make everyone getting upset the racists? That's what everyone isn't getting. How you choose to read into it is your own racist mindset coming to play. I'm sure plenty of people didn't know "chink" was a racial slur and now will know thanks to all the "non-racists" who made such a big deal out of it.

See beagle's post. Wrong dude.

And you are kidding me. You live in Canada - one of the most multi-cultural societies in the world. You're telling me you'd walk into a restaurant in Chinatown in downtown T.O and say that word in ANY context??? You wouldn't. There's one thing to be politically correct... it doesn't always have a negative connotation. Often it means you accept and respect cultural, ethnic, religious, sexual, whatever differences amongst your fellow citizens. There's another to try to pretend to be so nonchalant... especially on an anonymous forum where no one can hold you accountable for your words in person, when I bloody know you're so much smarter and civilised to ever pull that in your day to day life, that you depreciate the point you're trying to make.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't think the anchor deserved to get suspended. His use of the phrase did not seem to be intentional but rather the phrase as we'd normally use it to describe someone with deficiencies. I watche that clip and in my opinion, he didn't look like he even gave it a thought. The headline, the guy absolutely deserved to get shit canned. That was intentional and stupid.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    See beagle's post. Wrong dude.

And you are kidding me. You live in Canada - one of the most multi-cultural societies in the world. You're telling me you'd walk into a restaurant in Chinatown in downtown T.O and say that word in ANY context??? You wouldn't. There's one thing to be politically correct... it doesn't always have a negative connotation. Often it means you accept and respect cultural, ethnic, religious, sexual, whatever differences amongst your fellow citizens. There's another to try to pretend to be so nonchalant... especially on an anonymous forum where no one can hold you accountable for your words in person, when I bloody know you're so much smarter and civilised to ever pull that in your day to day life, that you depreciate the point you're trying to make.
    This isn't some cryptic phrase that hasn't been used in decades, having a "chink in your armor" is very common. I absolutely would say it in a Chinese restaurant, why the fukk not? It's not some out of the way racial connotation, it's actually a very accurate description of someone having a weakness, and Lin turns the ball over a whole lot. It's absolutely a chink in his armor. Now does he turn the ball over because he can't see properly? That's racist.

Plus, this is all moot:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

This made me laugh, only in New York

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

willyback
    willyback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I think Lin is a plant. The NBA wants to globalize their brand. China's the ultimate growth market. Yao Ming is gone.

If he were straight out of China with a heavy accent, I'd be more inclined to believe his story. Instead, he's straight out of Harvard with a degree in Economics. He's trying to trademark "Lin-sanity".

The jury is still out on this kid. The playing skills might be legit, but I seriously question the legitimacy of his rise to super-stardom.

boosted1205
    boosted1205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9690

After reading through most of the posts , I would have to say I agree with WTF and JJGOLD . These 2 have their head on straight .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

jjgold

No need for racial bull shit

Love this Lin Kid

beagle25

Are you that ignorant keyboarding. Yes there is no problem with the phrase chink in the armor, unless you are referencing it to a chinese person because that is like the N word to us. If you read this weeks Sports Illustrated's article about Lin, he does say that in college he had to deal with opponent's and their fans taunting him with chink. Growing up as the only chinese kid in school, I always had some idiot call me that. Funny thing is I never had to take crap like that after the 10th grade because then I was only in advanced placment classes.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    Are you that ignorant keyboarding. Yes there is no problem with the phrase chink in the armor, unless you are referencing it to a chinese person because that is like the N word to us. If you read this weeks Sports Illustrated's article about Lin, he does say that in college he had to deal with opponent's and their fans taunting him with chink. Growing up as the only chinese kid in school, I always had some idiot call me that. Funny thing is I never had to take crap like that after the 10th grade because then I was only in advanced placment classes.
    lin isn't chinese, i found out today. everyone is calling him chinese though. which is every non-chinese asian's pet peeve, ironically enough.

shari91

lin isn't chinese, i found out today. everyone is calling him chinese though. which is every non-chinese asian's pet peeve, ironically enough.
    What do you think he is: Spanish? His name is Jeremy Shu-How Lin. His parents emigrated to the US from Taiwan. He's Chinese. Just like guys who are Italian, Spanish, etc whose parents were born in their respective countries but moved here (sorry, to the US and Canada too) identify strongly with those cultures. Not sure what you're saying.

beagle25

Shari, Texhopper is referencing that Lin's parents came from Taiwan so he thinks that he is Taiwanese and not chinese. You can say he's taiwanese american then, but trust me most chinese even if there parents are from Taiwan identify as Chinese Americans. My parents came from Hong Kong, but I don't say I'm Hong kong american. The people in Taiwan are chinese people. It was founded by chinese who fled China during World War II to escape Mao's communism.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Joe Biden, ladies and gentleman....

What an asshole!

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What do you think he is: Spanish? His name is Jeremy Shu-How Lin. His parents emigrated to the US from Taiwan. He's Chinese. Just like guys who are Italian, Spanish, etc whose parents were born in their respective countries but moved here (sorry, to the US and Canada too) identify strongly with those cultures. Not sure what you're saying.
    i thought it was proper to refer to people of his descent as taiwanese. because taiwan is not necessarily recognized as part of china. so i'm not sure what you're saying.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    Shari, Texhopper is referencing that Lin's parents came from Taiwan so he thinks that he is Taiwanese and not chinese. You can say he's taiwanese american then, but trust me most chinese even if there parents are from Taiwan identify as Chinese Americans. My parents came from Hong Kong, but I don't say I'm Hong kong american. The people in Taiwan are chinese people. It was founded by chinese who fled China during World War II to escape Mao's communism.
    well i'm not aware of all the goddamn loopholes, apparently. chinese it is.

beagle25

He is of chinese descent. Why do you think people in China are also excited about him. Yeah his parents are from Taiwan, but then his grand parents were probably from China. People in Taiwan are basically just chinese people that believe in democracy.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

i thought it was proper to refer to people of his descent as taiwanese. because taiwan is not necessarily recognized as part of china. so i'm not sure what you're saying.
    Taiwan considers itself to be China(the Republic of China). Internationally(in Olympic sports, etc.) it is known as Chinese Taipei. China considers it to be part of China. No matter how you slice it someone from Taiwan is Chinese.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by willyback View Post
    He's trying to trademark "Lin-sanity".
    absurd if true. he has played what? 9 games as an nba starter?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

morons. he is Japanese

all this Chinese bs is smokescreen. did you see him kamikaze it to the hoop in the 3rd quarter? only a japanese guy could do that.

(PS: I didn't type that.... it was a ESPN headline from yesterday )

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

White guys who have asian wives or girlfriends are not any less likely to be racist. I wouldn't be surprised at all if his wife also has an issue with Asians.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    Taiwan considers itself to be China(the Republic of China). Internationally(in Olympic sports, etc.) it is known as Chinese Taipei. China considers it to be part of China. No matter how you slice it someone from Taiwan is Chinese.
    ok, shaudius. first shari was a condescending turd about this to me, then beagle explains the shit to me twice, and now you with your olympic shit.

I GET IT, ASSHOLES. THE FUKKING KID IS CHINESE.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post

White guys who have asian wives or girlfriends are not any less likely to be racist.
    what is your reasoning to state this as if it is fact?

it is extremely logical to think that a man with an asian wife is less likely to have racist feelings about asians than a man with a non-asian wife, on average.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

white guys are less likely to be racist than black guys. you put that in your crack pipe, nammertl?

nammertl

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    what is your reasoning to state this as if it is fact?

it is extremely logical to think that a man with an asian wife is less likely to have racist feelings about asians than a man with a non-asian wife, on average.
    I've just seen it as too common an occurence where a white guy uses his asian girlfriend/wife as proof that he's not racist. All that an Asian girlfriend/wife proves is that he has easy access to a tight pussy. And it's common knowledge that Asian women have all sorts of issue with being Asian. So, as I see it white guys with Asian gf/wives can actually be MORE racist.

nammertl

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    white guys are less likely to be racist than black guys. you put that in your crack pipe, nammertl?
    Not from what I've seen on Twitter ever since this Linsanity thing blew up. Blacks and whites are just as likely to say some stupid racist shit.

First 1234 Last