and could use any insight. I began my small company about two years ago. I decided to see if I could develop a computer model to predict college football games. I actually got a couple of guys to invest in me and we tested it during the 2011-2012 season. We lost everything. I had built the model and it worked in 2010-2011 and hoped it would work in 2011-2012. It didn't. During the 2011-2012, I built an NFL model and even thought it was my first season it worked well. I am not sure if it was beginners luck or not. I have also built a college basketball built solely on over/unders and is in the midst of being tested and finalized this year.

NBA I have just started but it is doing well.

I have several questions to those with insite. I am a very seasoned bettor but I have never tried grinding like I am doing now. Several questions... to those in the know.

1.) Are professional sports more predictable? Obviously, the lines in vegas are far more refined because they allow you to bet almost 3 times more than on college sports over/unders. NFL and NBA included.

2.) My college basketball system has now tracked approximately 10,000 games. 5,000 from 2010 and 5,000 from 2011. In 2010, it turned $1k in 1$13k over the course of 2 months and in 2011 it has turned $1k into $14k. Obviously, these results are fantastic. My question is more what is the likelihood of it working year 3 year. I know this is a rhetorical question. It seems too good to be true, but I know the data is not only fair and real. What I don't want to do is get more investors in and lose more money? The stress of that is much more than I thought it would be, but the performance the first two years is off the charts. I would be happy with two time my money.

3). As I have built these systems, I feel a little overwhelmed. I am a reasonably smart guy and most would consider very smart. But I am working on a three year old laptop, where Excel locks up every other day, I occasionally have to rebuild from scratch. Can it be done? I am going up against MIT grads that have access to much better data and have built far more sophisticated programs than I. Can it be done? Has anyone done it? What are your secrets without giving away proprietary data.

4). Finally, I feel like I am always playing catch up with Vegas. I feel like I am a step behind when it comes to data. I can not tell if thats true... or whether it just feels true.

Thanks
Dave