ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

portland is pathetic

i think i hate portland and sacramento more than any sports team out there, both teams are a bunch of children

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

NBA is pathetic nobody can shoot anymore poor games today

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i agree. I dont want to say I hate Portland but they are an awful basketball team.

ebelisle22

well , those two and vancouver canucks...those fairys!

Sick_in_the_Head
    Tx Rangers bitch!
    Sick_in_the_Head's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2826

I had the clips tonight. When the clippers were just sticking around and hanging in there, I knew they would cover. NBA is some shit though. Just 1 big mind f\*\*k

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I've seen some really disgusting nba efforts this season. No one can beat the hawks though, they take the cake when it comes to pathetic efforts.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I'm still in shock that I pushed this wager........what a fukking disaster

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Portland would be a great team if they got rid of felton and thomas. Not to mention if aldridge was healthy... That was a goddamn embarrassment tonight

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

My shittiest list:
    Hawks
    Grizzlies
    Portland

Speedy88

I will say this though. I could see them making a nice push in the playoffs because they are deep, have a great home court advantage, and they can score in the paint and on the perimeter.

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took clippers live for 1.8.. knew it would happen at the beginning of fourth..portlnad just didnt want shoot or pass.. portland is tired and aldridge less.. But they would've had a chance if coach benched felton . if u cant even maintain a good shape for the money u get paid, whats the point ?

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

please add lakers. thanks

loungee
    loungee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Problem is this shortened schedule. That's why winnings are down everywhere. In a normal, 82 game schedule, it's a little easier to cap because you can figure out tendencies, angles, etc. and apply where needed. But because of so many games being played so quickly, the same rules from last year (or 15 years before) don't apply. This year is tough to profit on NBA. On a side note, though, my sh*t list is:
    ATL (inconsistent)
    ORL (inconsistent)
    MEM (they don't know if they are a playoff team)

ebelisle22

sacramento is full of a bunch of children-everytime i watch them im saying to myself, 'holy fk they suck'...same with portland!

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Ah, the nightly "Portland sucks" thread.

Just because they beat the Bobcats by 50 doesn't mean they're "back"... quite frankly given their best player was hurt, taking them against the Clippers was a badddddd idea.

Clips -2 FTW, really one of the true "It's them or no play" games. Clips comeback was certainly ridiculous, yes, but putting any serious money on the garbage BLAZERS to beat a red hot team was suicide.

ebelisle22

Quote Originally Posted by callmemromac View Post
    ah, the nightly "portland sucks" thread. Just because they beat the bobcats by 50 doesn't mean they're "back"... Quite frankly given their best player was hurt, taking them against the clippers was a badddddd idea. Clips -2 ftw, really one of the true "it's them or no play" games. Clips comeback was certainly ridiculous, yes, but putting any serious money on the garbage blazers to beat a red hot team was suicide.
    completely agree

CallMeMrOMac

If it makes ya feel any better, I threw a little on the Kings last night against Lin (dumb dumb dumb) before Clippers made me bank against the Cheese Wizards.

Avoid:

Any Portland game not against Bobcats
    Sacramento
    Betting against Golden State at home
    Knicks on road
    Philly on road
    OKC against very good teams
    Betting for Pacers against bad teams off a road trip

At all times.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Tired team, without best player, doesn't make this team awful.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Had Blazers ML but luckily grabbed Clips +7 live and broke even

CallMeMrOMac

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Tired team, without best player, doesn't make this team awful.
    The team on the court TONIGHT was awful. I don't see a reason anyone bet them. Clippers winning was a great, lucky hit considering how bad they were early. But there is not ONE reason to have backed the Blazers tonight, come on.

28 points in the second half. Awful.

44 points in final three quarters.

Tired, without their top dog, and sure looked like it.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Someone please recap the second half of the game for me coz I went out for dinner and missed it. Blazers scored 11 in the fourth quarter. wtf?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMrOMac View Post
    The team on the court TONIGHT was awful. I don't see a reason anyone bet them. Clippers winning was a great, lucky hit considering how bad they were early. But there is not ONE reason to have backed the Blazers tonight, come on.
    I agree with not betting on "tonight's" team. Because I didn't, just for the fact LA was OUT and it was the end of a B2B2B.

The thread didn't say, "tonight", so I was just stating the team isn't awful with LA.

Where was I saying it was a good idea to back them tonight?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Someone please recap the second half of the game for me coz I went out for dinner and missed it. Blazers scored 11 in the fourth quarter. wtf?
    Gassed in 4th, made shots stop falling and turnovers start happening. The Blazers tried to have Crawford carry them down the stretch. No offensive options. Clippers got close, and CP3 got hot.

loungee

Ah, the nightly "Portland sucks" thread. Just because they beat the Bobcats by 50 doesn't mean they're "back"... quite frankly given their best player was hurt, taking them against the Clippers was a badddddd idea. Clips -2 FTW, really one of the true "It's them or no play" games. Clips comeback was certainly ridiculous, yes, but putting any serious money on the garbage BLAZERS to beat a red hot team was suicide.
    The "sharp/right" play was POR. Given the circumstances and angles, POR was the right play, as was evident in the first 3 quarters. BUT there are 4 quarters in an NBA basketball game, and we see how it ended. Personally, I wanted to play POR +2 but was late getting home to play it and missed it (which is obviously a blessing in disguise). Anyways. aside from POR being the right side, the right play, this should've been a no play for everyone and anyone (myself included.. thank god i missed it). The whole public was on the Clips but the line doesn't move. The situation and angles mostly point towards the Blazers. Blazers are missing their best player. Both are on a B2B (POR on a B2B2B). Overall, this should not have been bet because it was just to much of a coin toss. But let's not call the Blazers "garbage" because they are far from that.

The team on the court TONIGHT was awful. I don't see a reason anyone bet them. Clippers winning was a great, lucky hit considering how bad they were early. But there is not ONE reason to have backed the Blazers tonight, come on. 28 points in the second half. Awful. 44 points in final three quarters. Tired, without their top dog, and sure looked like it.
    There are plenty of angles, situations and reasons to have bet the Blazers tonight. The books make a living for a reason, because the public bets heavy on games like this and teams like this (OKC, LAC, CHI, MIA). Books should've buried the public tonight but it didn't happen. Yes, they were tired, but clearly so were the Clippers because, correct me if I'm wrong, they were trailing at half and the 3Q, shooting even worse then the Blazers, and they weren't even the team on a B2B2B.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Blazers go on like a 9-0 run to start 2nd half and I guess they thought the game was over. Then they can't make a shot or a layup to save their lives and clippers just grind away and pull out the sick cover. cp3 rains a few 3s and makes some shots. I resisted the urge to hedge out ML +360 or something with 4mins to go, rest is history.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by loungee View Post
    There are plenty of angles, situations and reasons to have bet the Blazers tonight. The books make a living for a reason, because the public bets heavy on games like this and teams like this (OKC, LAC, CHI, MIA). Books should've buried the public tonight but it didn't happen. Yes, they were tired, but clearly so were the Clippers because, correct me if I'm wrong, they were trailing at half and the 3Q, shooting even worse then the Blazers, and they weren't even the team on a B2B2B.
    Clippers were playing their 3rd in 4 nights. So they had every reason to be tired as well. Being on the road, but in the end showed they had more options to close out the game. Blazers looked sad in the 4th, and Crawford couldn't end the hero.

Good thing you missed your bet.

CallMeMrOMac

onlooker, I thought you were replying to me calling tonight's team awful, my bad bro.

Also, the dude telling me POR was the "right" pick, oh boy. How cold is the water in the Nile? And yes, the books DO make a lot of money... off people losing their cash on "the right" pick. I don't fill my wallet with pride, I fill it with money.

The Winning Pick = the hot team with CP3 (tonight's game changer) and a lights out Defense tonight. Against a very streaky, overrated Portland team without their best player.

Watch out for snakes in the Nile.

FWIW, I'm glad you didn't get your bet in with the way POR blew it, LAC comeback was stunning but I stand firm that they were the right team to bet on, and the only team to play. Had LAC shown up early and not horrendously off their game, they win by 10-15. As it was, they played well enough to cover, which is all that matters to me.
    Last edited by CallMeMrOMac; 02-17-12 at 01:58 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

onlooker, I thought you were replying to me calling tonight's team awful, my bad bro.

Also, the dude telling me POR was the "right" pick, oh boy. How cold is the water in the Nile? And yes, the books DO make a lot of money... off people losing their cash on "the right" pick. I don't fill my wallet with pride, I fill it with money.

loungee

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Clippers were playing their 3rd in 4 nights. So they had every reason to be tired as well. Being on the road, but in the end showed they had more options to close out the game. Blazers looked sad in the 4th, and Crawford couldn't end the hero.

Good thing you missed your bet.
    Oh I can't tell you how much I'm glad I missed that bet, although the first 3 quarters, I was kicking myself. But, bottom line, Crawford is not a starter. He can't play starter minutes and can't carry a team. He tried to do to much and it failed. POR has nice pieces but none of them stepped up. So Crawford took it upon himself.

The Winning Pick = the hot team with CP3 (tonight's game changer) and a lights out Defense tonight. Against a very streaky, overrated Portland team without their best player.

Watch out for snakes in the Nile.

FWIW, I'm glad you didn't get your bet in with the way POR blew it, LAC comeback was stunning but I stand firm that they were the right team to bet on, and the only team to play. Had LAC shown up early and not horrendously off their game, they win by 10-15. As it was, they played well enough to cover, which is all that matters to me.
    Like you said, "HAD (if) they showed up early, ... they win by 10-15." Just like if the Blazers HAD showed up in the fourth quarter. We discussed all of this in another thread. We'll agree to disagree, but I'll admit it's been fun arguing with you. You're not an ass with junior high grammer like a lot of others I run in to. We both disagree which was the right play for different reasons but in the end, you won and I didn't bet (thank you slow ass waiter). BOL sir. Tomorrows a big card so we should win nicely.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Portland is missing Andre Miller..

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post
    Portland is missing Andre Miller..
    And the all great Brandon Roy. He went to my high school.

loungee

I feel bad for POR in some ways. They could've been really good, had Oden and Roy held up. Hell.. they would've been half-way decent had they picked Durant and took a slightly lower draft pick they year after, Seems like a solid franchise. Plus they gave us Jordan, so I love them no matter what.

Speedy88

I wonder how good Brandon Roy could have been if it weren't for his bad knees. The guy was an elite player in the NBA by his 3rd year. Kobe even told the media that he thought Brandon Roy was the hardest guy he has ever had to guard.

loungee

That WHAT IF: in relation to Bradnon Roy is something I choose not to think about as a pure basketball fan. I met him once, and I've known plenty of people who met him and a few that knew him, and he was a great gut. Hard working SOB who strived for the best, strived to be better than anyone. It's unforunate that his knees gave out cause he was a talent that actually could've done something.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

they drafted jon diebler but he decided to play in europe bc he thought he was going to ride the bench in portland.

it looks like they could really use a 3 point expert like him.

btw what happened to brandon roy and greg oden?

12 Last