jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Did Anyone Hear Carmello Was Pushing Coach To Play Lin??

Does Anthony get some credit here??

Strange, I heard on espn

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

PR move so the Knicks fans don't hate Melo. C'mon JJ. It's ESPN ... you believe everything they say, don't you?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

its all bullshit coach

they are gonna get into fights in locker room

Lin is gonna whoop his azz

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    its all bullshit coach

they are gonna get into fights in locker room

Lin is gonna whoop his azz

chandler would back lin and demolish melo

jjgold

Anthony has to adjust and he will

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

amare can play with good PG...but carmelo cant....will be interesting to see how carmelo adjusts...he is just a ball hogger.

parexa
    parexa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

knicks are worthless. 1st round sweep

they have to trade melo and amare for dwight

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    melo would f with this...

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

He did so he wouldn't have to play PG and bring the ball up.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Can't wait till Melo and Lin run shit.....90% of people giving this no chance and we all know how that usually works out

It's a joke if you think a great point guard doesn't help......Melo AND Lin will adjust....Melo loves to win and has his money

Amare obviously will be much better.....Think Nash/Amare

marty kaan
    marty kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    amare can play with good PG...but carmelo cant....will be interesting to see how carmelo adjusts...he is just a ball hogger.
    melo has played with chauncey and andre miller

they not good?

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

carmelo anthony..a top 10 basketball player.. everyone thinks he wont adjust ? pick and roll with the defense collapsing will leave him wide open...if hes not hitting his shots early on...and starts 1-7 .. he will let amare/chandler take over with the pick and roll .. knicks have a win/win here

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

karate > gangbang punches

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

did someone say LIN???

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

i love how people call Melo a ball hog. the only reason he has looked like one with NY is because they have had no true point guard to give him the ball and distribute...so more than often he was caught with a double team or the ball passed to him with like 4-5 seconds remaining on the shot clock so he was always forced to take bad shots.

remember....Melo is a pure shooter..yes he can drive the ball but his game is spot up shooting. he'll fit in perfect with Lin and Amare.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by smarotta09 View Post
    carmelo anthony..a top 10 basketball player.. everyone thinks he wont adjust ? pick and roll with the defense collapsing will leave him wide open...if hes not hitting his shots early on...and starts 1-7 .. he will let amare/chandler take over with the pick and roll .. knicks have a win/win here

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

If it aint broke dont fix it, they should trade carmelo and amare for draft picks, all they're gonna do is come back and fukk up the chemistry that the knicks have going.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I have never seen Carmelo set a pick.

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Smoke

Those 2 will not get along

Lin is a star now and Melo ain't shit no more

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by rdkjglsk View Post

zoo youk

GREENBURGH, NY -- Carmelo Anthony insists that when he returns to the floor nothing will change for the new-look New York Knicks. Jeremy Lin will continue to run the show.

"When I get back Jeremy will have the ball in his hands and I'm playing off of that," Anthony said on Monday.

The Knicks announced on their Twitter account that Anthony could return "toward end of week."

Many people have wondered over the past week how Anthony will fit into the Knicks' offense under Lin, who has become the talk of the NBA over the Knicks' past five games.

Linsanity on ESPNNewYork.com

When it comes to the Knicks' newest sensation, ESPN New York is all-Lin.
    Latest Stephen A. Pics

News: Melo likes Lin STAT too
    Video: Wilbon PTI Begley

Forward Amare Stoudemire is slated to return to the lineup Tuesday after missing a week for his brother's funeral. He should benefit from the pick-and-roll. Anthony traditionally thrives in isolation situations. So far under Lin, the Knicks' offense has been predicated on ball movement. So some have questioned whether Anthony can adjust to things under Lin.

Anthony has seen the speculation on television and the Internet. And he thinks it's pretty amusing, calling Lin's recent ascension "a dream come true" for the Knicks (13-15).

"When I'm reading the stuff, it's more funny than anything because at the end of the day I know what I bring to the game, I know what I bring to this team," Anthony said on Monday after missing practice due to a strained right groin. "My teammates know that. But to say, 'How can I fit in?' It's easy; give him the ball and space out. I get back to doing what I know how to do best. So we'll see."

Anthony said he is confident that he can fit in well with Lin, who missed practice on Monday for a standard recovery day and will play on Tuesday against the Toronto Raptors. Anthony has missed the Knicks' last three games after injuring his groin on Monday against Utah. He is happy that Lin has emerged to take some of the load off of his shoulders.

"I know there's questions about, 'Can I fit in?' and stuff like that, but this is like a dream come true to me," Anthony said. "It takes some pressure off of me. I don't have to play point guard. I don't have to try to get Amare 20 points, try to get this guy 20 points, me try to go out there and get 25-30 points a night, play defense, rebound do the whole thing."

Knicks Blog
    Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

It's clear that the Knicks have looked like a different team since Lin took over at point guard.

New York is averaging 11 more points per 48 minutes with Lin on the floor. The Knicks' shooting percentage is 5 percent higher with Lin.

Lin and Anthony rank fourth and fifth, respectively, in usage rate -- a measurement of how many possessions a player uses per 40 minutes. So they will have to find a happy medium when it comes to handling the ball. Anthony said there will still be opportunities for him to run isolation plays but Lin will be the team's primary ball handler.

"I don't think I want to take that away, I don't think Coach wants to take that away," Anthony said. "But at the same time, I have to get away from the ball knowing that Jeremy is the guy with the basketball, and knowing that he can create for me, for Amare, for everybody else and make other guys better."

Coach Mike D'Antoni acknowledged that adjustments will need to be made when Anthony returns.

But he openly questioned anyone who assumes Anthony will struggle to fit in.

"I think that's ludicrous in a sense. Until you prove it, it's like anything else," the coach said.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Melo is the most overrated player to step on an NBA court. Same draft as LBJ and DWade and isn't even in their league. He was good at Syracuse and is a born loser

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Melo has nicest shoes in the league... credit for something...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Knicks fans on here are the biggest homers in the world. I remember when they got Tyson Chandler they were talking about how they could compete with the Heat and Bulls

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Not to temper Linsanity, but he does seem rather turnover prone. He's averaging 5.5 turnovers per game in his 4 starts (8,2,6,6). And he hasn't even faced the elite PG's. For comparison sake, Chris Paul hasn't turned it over more than 4 times in a single game this season. Rose has turned it over more than 5 times just once.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Lin is playing great but lets stop with the Nash comparisons for awhile please, come on.

RJKing
    RJKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

good thread. Knicks are having fun. Toronto should get whooped

Smoke

I'm excited to watch Lin play again

This kid can ball

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not to temper Linsanity, but he does seem rather turnover prone. He's averaging 5.5 turnovers per game in his 4 starts (8,2,6,6). And he hasn't even faced the elite PG's. For comparison sake, Chris Paul hasn't turned it over more than 4 times in a single game this season. Rose has turned it over more than 5 times just once.
    he's also really only 4 games into his career. have to expect that with young guys. and look who he has had around him. Steve Novak, Iman Shumpert, Chandler, and Fields. those are his starters. guys who would be coming off the bench in any of top west/east elite teams.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Most people don't wanna see the Knicks do well and people also don't like Carmelo for whatever reasons

Knicks will be more than fine and could become real contenders for the East if they can mesh well

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Melo has nicest shoes in the league... credit for something...
    i agree, i'm not much of a melo fan but i do like his shoes...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Like Lin alot and he's talented, he fell into the perfect circumstance to achieve the feat he has, had Amare and Melo been playing he wouldnt have had the ball in his hands as much and would have been deferring even more. I dont think anyone expects him to put up 25 often, hope he can be around 15 pts and 8 assists though and I hope he's around a long time, seems like a good kid with the right head on his shoulders.

jjgold

What is strange is how the kid made these scrubs on the Knicks good
    Tonight he gets one of the top players back so should be interesting

12 Last