Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Early thoughts on BULLS -2.5 @ CELTICS ? ? ?

Obviously the line is set at BULLS -2.5 with Rose in doubt.

Any thoughts on whether Rose will play? I would lean towards Rose playing. He started @ NOH and sat once the lead blew out, and he was a DNP against CHA (likely because if he is remotely questionable they do not need him to beat the lowly Bobcats). My theory is they were resting him for this game against the Celtics. If this is the case, I expect the line to jump up to around the -4/5 mark.

To be honest, I think the Bulls can cover here with or without Rose against a tired Celtics. Celtics were looking good for a period there, but it would appear the age factor is setting in with this condensed schedule.

Yes, the Bulls are probably going to be the square play here, but too many people on this forum think that square means 'will not win' as opposed to 'heavily backed by public'. After the late flurry of "sharps" getting in on the 'LAC are square, take the Bobcats' action last night, I'm not concerned with what's square.

Keen to hear anybody else's thoughts on this match.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

bulls roll

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

yeah bulls ml looks good. seems a bit square though. Celtics TT Under will look good as well.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

I don't see how you can take +2.5. Boston could win, Bulls could stumble, but they don't very often and it's not wise to go headlong into a jar with very few straws.

This is an enormous game for Boston though. They have a lot to prove. They will certainly be motivated.

Chozzdogg
    Chozzdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

I'll be getting on the bulls for sure, i think they can cover that pretty easily. Might have a look closer to the game and see what the 1H handicap is at, that's been the money this year for them. If i remember correct they rolled them a few weeks ago in Boston as well.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I've learned many things throughout my years of sports betting. One of those things was never bet against the Celtics as a home dog. The Bulls are the better team, but home court advantage is huge in Boston. I think this is a tossup.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    I've learned many things throughout my years of sports betting. One of those things was never bet against the Celtics as a home dog. The Bulls are the better team, but home court advantage is huge in Boston. I think this is a tossup.
    This was huge last time when the Bulls came around and almost won the game by 30 had they not allowed Boston to come back in it

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I really want to take the bulls....but its the last game of like a 9 game road trip....

celts looked terrible friday night in Toronto. turnover after turnover....and they werent much better against the lakers......I just convinced myself to take the bulls....celtics really look bad.

Speedy88

Everyone and their mama on Chicago.

Celts lookin even better.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

thats the only problem!

same with the lakers....

Speedy88

There are 3 games that are being pounded heavily by the public:

Lakers 83%
    Bulls 73%
    Heat 84%

My guess is only one or none of those teams will cover tomorrow.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

cannot wait to see the bulls murder this "fade the public" non-sense tomorrow

(if derrick rose plays)

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Will Austin Rivers play?

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by dwluv3333 View Post
    cannot wait to see the bulls murder this "fade the public" non-sense tomorrow

(if derrick rose plays)
    Even if Rose play, he won't be 100%. They will need him to penetrate and score big time if the Bulls hope to win. The Celtics may be old and slow but they are fast enough to be a Bulls team without Rose playing or playing at 100%

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

If I can get Celtics +3.5, should I take it?

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Under looks pretty sexy @ 173.5

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I like the Bulls here, I will give the 2.5. I think this line might move actually. Wouldn't be surprised to see this climb to 3 or 4 before tip.

tdforte22
    FSU
    tdforte22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i wish i could bet on the damn bulls--

wtf is up with Bovada not putting lines up for some games?

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    I like the Bulls here, I will give the 2.5. I think this line might move actually. Wouldn't be surprised to see this climb to 3 or 4 before tip.
    If you want to bet on the bulls I would do it now. The line is moving pretty fast.

LOL
    LOL's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF? The bulls are going to come out with a big effort themself. You really think if no rose the bulls are going to lose by 15?
    Easy win for the Bulls. They are younger hungrier and are going to hustle their ass off. Noah is good against KG and they can shot down Pierce too. Say for allen. Only problem is rondo but I think Kirk is going to do a great job against him.