The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why Is the TOTAL for Toronto/LAL only at 175??!?? Are the bookies high?????????

I think this is the worst game-total line of the year. I mean, watch the game go for 160-170 but I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that will happen. The lowest total between the two teams is 5 YEARS AGO with 189 POINTS SCORED! Otherwise, 5 years straight, the total has been around or above 200 POINTS!! Their last 5 meetings have seen 100 points for BOTH TEAMS!!

Toronto has atrocious defense and LAL surely has the offense to score on them. Especially considering LA just lost to NYK, they are looking to REBOUND BIG TIME.... AND TORONTO JUST UPSET BOSTON which sets them up for a massive loss in this one.

Keep in mind the Lakers were partying tonight at the grand opening of Chroma, a room/event at the Guvernment club here in Toronto, so they are surely in a good mood. THE ONLY WAY this stays under is if Toronto fails to score because LAL is surely getting to 100 points tomorrow. I see a final score of LAL 105 - 80 at the worst. And if this is the case, then LAL -6.5 will obviously cash.

I will wait until tomorrow for a bet confirmation but as it stands, Im pounding the OVER and LAL -6.5, and probably LAL -10 and -12 just in case Toronto fails to score.

Please tell me why the total is so low, I really want to know...

The Special One

You can get LAL -10/-12 at around 2.6 to 3.3 so its definitely a solid cover for pounding the OVER.

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

lakers have only scored over 100 about 4 times this year.. It is definitely not the same lakers team that would be able to score at will. With that said the lakers do tend to score against lower tier teams. The total seems fairly accurate depending on how much you think toronto will score.

*And if you said they were partying tonight, were they getting trashed or was it more of a "social" party?

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Bbobbi View Post
    lakers have only scored over 100 about 4 times this year.. It is definitely not the same lakers team that would be able to score at will. With that said the lakers do tend to score against lower tier teams. The total seems fairly accurate depending on how much you think toronto will score.

*And if you said they were partying tonight, were they getting trashed or was it more of a "social" party?
    They just came to the opening of the room, a pretty big event. Its more of a social party, I doubt they went off and got smashed. But come on dude, even a smashed Lakers team can put up over 100 against this useless Raps team (Im from TO, I know), and them being potentially hungover means Toronto can actual score some points on THEM. Smells OVEEEEER to me

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet the over and you will soon find out why...........

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

RLM all over this game.

celticsboy
    celticsboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

i dont see why the line is only -5.5 ... Lakers should be motivated to get this win and have their grammy road trip ending in .500... Plus they had the day off and according to TSO they were relaxing at the party tonight. trap?

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    RLM all over this game.
    Im going to wait until tomorrow, this line looks strange to me

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Bbobbi View Post
    i dont see why the line is only -5.5 ... Lakers should be motivated to get this win and have their grammy road trip ending in .500... Plus they had the day off and according to TSO they were relaxing at the party tonight. trap?
    No, because Lakers have been poor on the road and just beat Boston, the team that Raps beat quite easily. The line looks right to me. Look, LAC got -10 against a disgusting Charlotte team and they covered that EASILY. I dont see a problem with LAL covering only 6 points.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I think this wil be a real shit fest for want of a better word. Both teams will use up the shot clock and I predict a 25 BAT per qtr and dependent of ref assigments around a 24FT ATT. I think this one finishes 82-71 Lakers.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totals have just been weird this year. I've been avoiding them for the most part. I definitely wouldn't use past seasons as a guide, though. This season has been an abnormally low scoring season for almost everyone, especially the Lakers.

theblueprint
    theblueprint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Under has been the play in 75% of totals this season and this game is no exception.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

parlay under lal/tor and under chi/bos

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I was hesitant, but after running my own numbers, I think you're right that this line is crazy. I'm not certain that the Lakers will break 100, but I think they'll get into the 90s, and that will probably be enough to cash this one. I'm looking for a total of around 185, and one of my books was offering 174.5. I placed the wager, so we'll see if I should have stuck with my first instinct, or whether my formulas are trustworthy.

On the side, though, no wager. Looks too sharp to me.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    I placed the wager, so we'll see if I should have stuck with my first instinct, or whether my formulas are trustworthy. On the side, though, no wager. Looks too sharp to me.
    lol what?

also, what is your formula, if you'd be generous enough

manutd19
    manutd19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers & bulls roll today

takeunder
    takeunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4247

Raptors may not even get 70 points here

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

tor's offense without andrea sucks and lakers scoring average is way down this year. could be a "first to 80" game.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Bulls line also 173.5.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    No, because Lakers have been poor on the road and just beat Boston, the team that Raps beat quite easily. The line looks right to me. Look, LAC got -10 against a disgusting Charlotte team and they covered that EASILY. I dont see a problem with LAL covering only 6 points.
    The Raptors manhandled the Celtics yet the game total was just 160 points. The Celtics D kept the Raptors from scoring out of control and the Celtics D kept the Raptors from taking shots every two seconds.

The Lakers D will keep the Raptors from scoring out of control as well. And plus that the Lakers have a hard time reaching 100 with Kobe going on his "i'm gonna break records and I haven't seen a shot I didn't like" spree will kept the scoring down for Bynum and Gasol.

If Kobe wasn't such a ball hog, the Lakers could break 100 easily a lot of times.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Early RLM favoring Toronto. Everyone loading up on Lakers Moneyline too.

There will be a biblical gnashing of teeth when Toronto cashes in with a Win later.

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Lakers are averaging under 100 ppg for the first time in the shot clock era. This is not your granddaddy's lakers or even your daddy's lakers. Add to that the shortened, compacted season, along with the early tip, and I believe one could deduce a small case for the under...

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I think this is the worst game-total line of the year. I mean, watch the game go for 160-170 but I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that will happen. The lowest total between the two teams is 5 YEARS AGO with 189 POINTS SCORED! Otherwise, 5 years straight, the total has been around or above 200 POINTS!! Their last 5 meetings have seen 100 points for BOTH TEAMS!!

Toronto has atrocious defense and LAL surely has the offense to score on them. Especially considering LA just lost to NYK, they are looking to REBOUND BIG TIME.... AND TORONTO JUST UPSET BOSTON which sets them up for a massive loss in this one.

Keep in mind the Lakers were partying tonight at the grand opening of Chroma, a room/event at the Guvernment club here in Toronto, so they are surely in a good mood. THE ONLY WAY this stays under is if Toronto fails to score because LAL is surely getting to 100 points tomorrow. I see a final score of LAL 105 - 80 at the worst. And if this is the case, then LAL -6.5 will obviously cash.

I will wait until tomorrow for a bet confirmation but as it stands, Im pounding the OVER and LAL -6.5, and probably LAL -10 and -12 just in case Toronto fails to score.

Please tell me why the total is so low, I really want to know...

Not this season.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Not this season.
    Its still horrible

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

I believe the rationale is, when you have a horrible team like the Raps who just dont have scoring potential, you like to set the o/u low.
    Also when games are blowouts they generally tend to stay under.
    This will be a blowout for KOBE!

Both these factors combined account for the low under.
    You are right though, it is still, in spite of what I said a very low under.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The Lakers this season have averaged the lowest points per game for a Lakers team in a very long time.

riskyProps

Its still horrible
    So you think the books are in business to give away money?

You're making it sound like one of those "once in a lifetime" lines with an easy over.

If you feel so strongly about it, take half of your bankroll and put it on the over.

If it's only worth a unit, then don't get so worked up about it and just make the play.

The Resurrection
    The Resurrection's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Up to 176 now at my book. Kind of like the under too here.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Who do you like Risky?
    To win?

And wht do you think of the Over/Under?
    I hear alot of criticism & baseless opinions but NO PREDICTIONS.
    Maybe take a postion today?! LOL
    You hinted towards the Lakers & maybe the under but, nothing committal.
    How about a simple post with the over or under &
    the Lakers or Raps?!
    It appears no one is really sure about this game when it comes the over/under.
    I'm interested to see if you have any predictions!

riskyProps

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Who do you like Risky?
    To win?

And wht do you think of the Over/Under?
    I hear alot of criticism & baseless opinions but NO PREDICTIONS.
    Maybe take a postion today?! LOL
    You hinted towards the Lakers & maybe the under but, nothing committal.
    How about a simple post with the over or under &
    the Lakers or Raps?!
    It appears no one is really sure about this game when it comes the over/under.
    I'm interested to see if you have any predictions!
    The Lakers have played 13 games on the road so far this season. (I don't count the Clippers Game as a road game because they both play at Staple Center at home and the Lakers draw more fans than the Clippers even at a Clippers "home" game).

Of those 13 games, they have won only 4 with the win over the Timberwolves by 5 points. The Sacramento Queens have a record nearly as bad as the Craptors yet they gave the Lakers a good spanking when they walked into Power Balance Pavilion. With the way the Lakers have been playing this season, there is no value in the -5.5 or -6 or whatever.

Even with key players out, the Raptors can keep this close. Why? Because the Lakers have this ball hog player named Kobe Bean Bryant who hasn't seen a shot that he didn't like. The Lakers bigs should be able to dominate but you can't dominate when you can't get the ball.

And with Bryant taking a million shots each game, it causes the Lakers team total to be low, which makes it good for the under backers.

If he changes and passes the ball a few times, the Lakers should be able to manhandle the Raptors. But he's not and they won't. Why do you think Phil Jackson said he was "uncoachable" and retired?

I'm leaning toward the Raptors and the Under but I might not play either.

The Special One

I think Ill take the O174 and O176 for couple units apiece..

The Special One

My plays:

O174 @ 1.75 [4x]
    O176 @ 1.9 [4x]

LAL -6 @ 1.9 [4x]
    LAL -12 @ 3.3 [2x]

This could be a burial (being from Toronto you like Raps to lose everyday) but Im not going to over think this game, taking it as it seems.

The Special One

Raps look like expected, atrocious defense

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

they are on the pace for the over.

12 Last