cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Lin's #2 in Player Efficiency Rating

Only Lebron James is ahead of him:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...r%2fstatistics

According to this stat, Lin is a more dominating player than Kevin Durant right now. We're in the Twilight Zone, I'm totally freaked out.

hangtime
    hangtime's Avatar Become A Pro!

according to that stat, Lin is the best pg in the nba.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by hangtime View Post
    according to that stat, Lin is the best pg in the nba.
    This has to be unprecedented in sports history when you look at Lin being released by other teams and so on.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    This has to be unprecedented in sports history when you look at Lin being released by other teams and so on.
    No it's not. History is riddled with players who have made big splashes and then faded off into oblivion.

The stat in your original post is irrelevant because of the small sample size. To compare Lin to Durant is ludicrous right now. Durant is a proven player, while Lin has had 3 or 4 great games.

If, and this is a big IF, Lin continues to play this great night in and night out for the rest of the year, and he plays well for the first part of next season, then we can start comparing this guy to some of the great players. Until then, however, he is nothing more than an exciting player that has played great in 3 or 4 games. We need to see more to make a true evaluation.

He could be great, and I hope he is for Knicks fans, but we just don't have a big enough data set to make any conclusions.

cleaveland

Knicks are the play for sure, thanks LTA.

cleaveland

The reason I think this Lin story is unprecedented is because he's gone from basically unknown, undrafted, and in danger of being cut from the team in his second season (from what I've read) after being released by a couple of other teams already, to star status in one week! Now he's got the second highest PER in the league, if they put this in a movie no one would believe it, people would walk out of the theater and the movie would bomb, it has to be unprecedented.