13/23 FG
    2/4 3pointers
    10/13 free throws
    +/- = +8
    4 rebounds
    7 assists
    2 steals

No Amare, no Melo

Carmelo better learn how to play with Lin.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i don't get it.

undrafted. waived twice. was close to losing his job just a few days ago.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i don't get it.

undrafted. waived twice. was close to losing his job just a few days ago.
    Discrimination. They gave him his chance and he proved them all wrong.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I have a weird feeling this will all go downhill when melo and amare return.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wasn't convinced about this guy until tonight, but now it's kind of hard to deny it. I don't get it, though. You look at this college stats, it doesn't indicate anything like this. It's like he suddenly just exploded out of his shell. If he can keep up with the no ego style of play, and they can convince Melo to stop being such a douche on the court, then this team could really have something.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

it depends on what your plan is for lin

if you believe he has superstar potential and that he can lead a team to a championship, you get rid of all the old players and the primadonna ala anthony, stoudemire, and you build a team around him over the next few years, you'll get a good head start from the trading power carmelo and amare hold and you can definitely get some good young talent to surround lin

if you think he is gonna be nothing more than a good roleplayer then you keep carmelo as your superstar/leader, but you gotta give up amare, he is too old and two superstars on a team is too much

then again there is the possibility of him being a one hit wonder, but time will tell

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

he received zero basketball scholarship offers. undrafted twice. waived twice. bench player averaging around 2pts in golden state. went to the D-league. it's like this guy came out of nowhere.

C-Gold

Smart wins

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

I still can't figure what type of player he is.
    Sometimes he's like a nash, sometimes like rose/westbrook.
    Whatever it is, it looks like NYK found true value in him.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    I wasn't convinced about this guy until tonight, but now it's kind of hard to deny it. I don't get it, though. You look at this college stats, it doesn't indicate anything like this. It's like he suddenly just exploded out of his shell. If he can keep up with the no ego style of play, and they can convince Melo to stop being such a douche on the court, then this team could really have something.

you are kidding right? just looked at his bio, he had an amazing college career, the only problem was that he was playing for the ivy league, which held him back, he could've played for any of the big powerhouses if he wanted and there he would've made an even bigger impact in college basketball

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

saved D'antonis job

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

GSW probably chowing on their own shiit right now.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    he received zero basketball scholarship offers. undrafted twice. waived twice. bench player averaging around 2pts in golden state. went to the D-league. it's like this guy came out of nowhere.

erm WRONG

he did receive basketball scholarships, he chose not to take them in order to attend harvard, which guaranteed him a place on the team, but ivy league schools do not offer athletic scholarships

and the only reason he was undrafted was because he was an ivy league player, if he was playing for any other school he would have been drafted

C-Gold

D'Antoni is smiling like a Chinese dentist right about now.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Watch Melo's return, he will not pass the ball to Lin because MELO is an attention whore.

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Right now I would trade CarMEEEEEE + Stupidmire for an STD

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Right now I would trade CarMEEEEEE + Stupidmire for an STD

hmmm

std? do you mean a stud or a venereal disease? I would probably agree either way

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    hmmm

std? do you mean a stud or a venereal disease? I would probably agree either way
    lol...no-spelling error....an STD

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Nothing but impressed by Lin, but he faced maybe the worst starting point guard in the history of the NBA. Fisher is ******* awful. I wanna observe him going up against the Roses, Westbrooks, Rondos of the league.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are kidding right? just looked at his bio, he had an amazing college career, the only problem was that he was playing for the ivy league, which held him back, he could've played for any of the big powerhouses if he wanted and there he would've made an even bigger impact in college basketball

ya his story isn't entirely unlike that of Nash's. Won a state championship, got one offer to school, the difference is Steve was a 1st rounder and made some noise at Santa Clara / NCAA tourney upset etc, but still needed time to get his chance to shine in the NBA. I am not suggesting this kid is going to be as good as nash, but you never know what someone's capable of until they get the chance, maybe this is his time to shine. It will be really interesting to see how this goes. It reminds me of the Yankees Kevin Mass in 1990 (12HR in 100 at bats - anyone else remember the hype? in the pre-internet era, this stands out to me as one of the most hyped surprises in sports in that era) let's hope that there is more light at the end of the tunnel than Maas experienced (released in 94).

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

erm WRONG

he did receive basketball scholarships,
    Don't know if it's totally accurate, but his Wiki page says he didn't. Of course, the Ivy schools he was looking at don't have scholarships, but Stanford and UCLA wanted him to walk on.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Bball IQ wins games and records stats

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

erm WRONG

he did receive basketball scholarships, he chose not to take them in order to attend harvard, which guaranteed him a place on the team, but ivy league schools do not offer athletic scholarships

and the only reason he was undrafted was because he was an ivy league player, if he was playing for any other school he would have been drafted
    Where did u get that info from?
    His bio said he was the only top player in Cali to have not received a scholarship offer. He went to Harvard cuz they guarenteed him a starting spot.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Don't know if it's totally accurate, but his Wiki page says he didn't. Of course, the Ivy schools he was looking at don't have scholarships, but Stanford and UCLA wanted him to walk on.

you might be right here, either way. he was a pretty good high school player, it would be weird if he had not received a scholarship

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    Where did u get that info from?
    His bio said he was the only top player in Cali to have not received a scholarship offer. He went to Harvard cuz they guarenteed him a starting spot.

I think I jumped the gun here, I read that he chose harvard even though it does not offer a scholarship, so I assume he had turned down a scholarship somewhere else

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

when the opposing PG actually starts playing D on him this will all be over. it's fun watching him put on a show though.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Lin vs. Rubio should be fun.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

C-Gold......are you Asian or a N.Y. hoops fan?

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna be interesting when everybodys back and ready to roll

BrandonD93
    BrandonD93's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the Knicks +6.5 Against Timberwolves. NYK been hot so im pretty sure they will beat Timberwolves even without the 6.5, do you guys agree?

marcusmv3
    marcusmv3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonD93 View Post
    I took the Knicks +6.5 Against Timberwolves. NYK been hot so im pretty sure they will beat Timberwolves even without the 6.5, do you guys agree?
    They are hot but you gotta consider that the Knicks just played tonight, this will be their 3rd game in 4 nights, and will have to travel. I think T-Wolves played tonight as well but they don't have to travel. This is also the T-Wolves 3rd game in 4 nights, so I dunno, guess I'm just being cautious here as a Knick fan.

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

LAL didnt have much possession and shot poorly. Lin is yet tested against bulls, heat, okc, clippers and mid level teams where there are regular/elite PG. We'll see how he handle close games and when his team is trailing, have not occured in last 4 games.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 02-11-12 at 04:09 AM.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Jeremy Lin is the Tim Tebow of basketball. Both are underdogs. Both are into faith. Both are exciting their leagues.

hangtime
    hangtime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    Jeremy Lin is the Tim Tebow of basketball. Both are underdogs. Both are into faith. Both are exciting their leagues.
    only difference will be Lin will be a success and Tebow wont.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

The kid is shooting ball with such confidence, without the cockiness, but did you see that side step, corned bomb he swished last night, perfet follow through, squared up to the hoop like text book writes it, look at the kids face after release, it had "nothing but the bottom of the net" written all over it, and after draining it, no gangster gestures, just hustle back.

I like the kid, he's easy to like.

12 Last