migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    LAL didnt have much possession and shot poorly. Lin is yet tested against bulls, heat, okc, clippers and mid level teams where there are regular/elite PG. We'll see how he handle close games and when his team is trailing, have not occured in last 4 games.
    So John Wall and Deron Williams aren't regular PGs?

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

He could outscore Carmello on an IQ test by 50 +, God given talent can only take you so far sometimes you have to

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

John Wall not even close to a point guard

Deron Williams is a true point guard but his game has slipped slightly

Now the world seeing how bad Anthony is for a team, makes no one better and a ball hog

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Lin is the 2nd coming of christ

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The Chinese are taking over the world

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

What is Carmello going to do?

He hasnt changed his game in his lifetime, how will he do it now?

Will he really be happy without the ball if they are winnning?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

These stories are what makes sports great. I'm already more interested to watch the Knicks' next game than I am to watch my own Celtics play. Nothing beats the "totally disregarded guy gets his shot and goes nuts with it" story.

nitty48
    nitty48's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 713

id like to believe in him but i think its the system.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

if it's the system, why is he the first knick to get it?

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

Going to see Lin play tonight at the Target Center tonight vs the Wolves. Should be fun to see if Lin can stay on this great run.

ordonezv
    ordonezv's Avatar Become A Pro!

streak

4 games but im a little concerned with the return of melo in the line up.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post
    So John Wall and Deron Williams aren't regular PGs?
    Williams was his first game and he came in off the bench unknown. John Wall pretty much blows, esp on defense. When he faces Rose, Westbrook, Paul or Rondo, then we can talk.

But I do like Lin, he's good.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    Where did u get that info from?
    His bio said he was the only top player in Cali to have not received a scholarship offer. He went to Harvard cuz they guarenteed him a starting spot.
    ya that's what I read too. I know Nash's story because I actually know him (since we were 14). But anyway, scholarships or not, you still have to find a place to play and the story is still good for Lin any way you want to dissect it.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    John Wall not even close to a point guard

Deron Williams is a true point guard but his game has slipped slightly

Now the world seeing how bad Anthony is for a team, makes no one better and a ball hog

I think people knew this when he was in denver...why everyone expected this to change in NY??

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-28-16 at 12:11 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Freebiez
    Freebiez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    The Taiwanese are taking over the world

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Kobe is such a hater. Did you hear what he said after the game ???

" I don't know who Jeremy Lin is". " I haven't been following".

That's why none of the big free agents want to go play with him. He can't take anybody else getting any credit or any spotlight.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He gives credit where credit is due. What the fukk has this chinaman done in the league?

All he did was lead knicks to a few wins. Let's see how he'll do until the end of regular season

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    He gives credit where credit is due. What the fukk has this chinaman done in the league?

All he did was lead knicks to a few wins. Let's see how he'll do until the end of regular season
    Someone lost money fading Lin.

C-Gold

1) He's American

2) The Knicks are 5-0 with him and playing better. How were they doing with Anthony and Amare?

Kobe is such a hater.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

1) He's American

2) The Knicks are 5-0 with him and playing better. How were they doing with Anthony and Amare?

Kobe is such a hater.
    1- Yeah, I know

2- So what? All teams go through good and bad stretches, let's see how he does in the long run. Just don't overhype the kid because he plays for the Knicks. Wonder if this would been blown out of proportion if it happened on small market team.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

What do suspect the line will be when Stoudemire and possibly Carmelo return on Tuesday against the lowly Raptors?

I'm sure tons and tons of money will be in New York no matter what the line is.

Wouldn't it just beat all if they lost that game straight up?

C-Gold

1- Yeah, I know

2- So what? All teams go through good and bad stretches, let's see how he does in the long run. Just don't overhype the kid because he plays for the Knicks. Wonder if this would been blown out of proportion if it happened on small market team.
    1) So why do you call him a Chinaman if you know he's American? Do you call the rest of the NBA players Nigerians?

2) Playing in NY amplifies the situation and he's getting more attention than if he played for Portland but still. You can't deny the Knicks aren't better without him. This team was in dire need of a PG to piece it all together.

3) He's good for the NBA. A feel good story when people are still pissed about the 1%ers striking. He opens new markets. The fact that Kobe was hating on him after the game shows no class.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Did they just compare Henrik Lundqvist to Jeremy Lin on national television. Tim Tebow what have you done- you started this with your good looks, charisma, and your winning.

This guy Lin is just a fly in the pan. This is D'antonis system... the point guard easily gets stats. If this was another team winning 4 in a row- on someone elses shoudlers I swear to they wouldn't get this attention. It's funny he is only getting this attention cause he plays in New York.

One of the worse franchises in the last decade of the NBA.... with some of the worse fans in the league. Seriously- there is nothing worse than a garden fan. They throw around the MVP chant in a hilarious way.

I can't wait till the Knicks go back to losing. The fans deserve it.... the team deserves it. The city deserves it.

Jeremy Lin deserves the success though he is a humble guy, and like Tebow he knows what he is doing is not sustainable.

Knicks fans are pathetic that you can get happy about this little 4 game win streak

Watch the Knicks turn on their players in a split second once they lose. Like vultures will sell their mother for a championship wait.... correction will sell their mother for a first round playoff win.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pauulzcappin

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

1) So why do you call him a Chinaman if you know he's American? Do you call the rest of the NBA players Nigerians?

2) Playing in NY amplifies the situation and he's getting more attention than if he played for Portland but still. You can't deny the Knicks aren't better without him. This team was in dire need of a PG to piece it all together.

3) He's good for the NBA. A feel good story when people are still pissed about the 1%ers striking. He opens new markets. The fact that Kobe was hating on him after the game shows no class.
    1- Maybe my post seemed wrong.

2- Like H1 said, D'Antonis system gives the point guard numbers. Yes, he has been playing well but he'll never be a superstar in this league. This happening in the knicks blows everything out of proportion, you have to admit that.

3- I don't disagree it's a good story. I just think Kobe was right on the money in this one. He has done nothing special so far.

ordonezv
    ordonezv's Avatar Become A Pro!

lin

it has to come to an end eventually. Im currious to see how he responds when melo and amare return.

C-Gold

1- Maybe my post seemed wrong.

2- Like H1 said, D'Antonis system gives the point guard numbers. Yes, he has been playing well but he'll never be a superstar in this league. This happening in the knicks blows everything out of proportion, you have to admit that.

3- I don't disagree it's a good story. I just think Kobe was right on the money in this one. He has done nothing special so far.

Kobe is a hater, can't give the guy any credit at all.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

kobe knew wat was going on. hes a bball fanatic, how would he not know about the biggest story in the nba?
    but he responded how he shud, lin hadnt really done anything yet. but im sure after the game, he knew exactly who he was.

d'antonis system is geared towards pgs and lots of pretty stats. but if u followed the knicks, they have ran through a billion pgs. lin looks like the best one so far. i thnk the one that had the most success was duhon and lin is obviously better than him

Lin's rise to fame has been mostly positive but as u can see, there has been a lot of racial negativity.
    people calling him chinaman, we go nba logos with slanty eyes, hes opening a wonton shop, etc etc
    makes u wonder if people are just naturally ignorant

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Turns out Lin is a Tebow type Christian.
    Difference is, unlike Tebow, Lin can pass.

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

Even if he was from China stop saying "Chinaman". I don't know if you're rascist or just ignorant, but it's a demeaning word because that's what whites would taunt Chinese with back in the late 1800s when they came over to build the railroads. Not same as saying chink or slope, but still used as an insult.

First 12