Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know. I can't get used to them.

I think it is set so low that Vegas is waiting for people to start saying "it's set so low it must be a trap - TAKE THE UNDER". I think it's set so low that the over may very well be the play. My betting style is not to read too much into traps and trends, but more to judge each line on its' own merits. If I was making a play on it, I would take the over.

Having said that, I have one play for tomorrow, and that is CHI -2.5 for my biggest wager of the season. (1. because I like the line and 2. because I've won a fair amount in the last two weeks that I have increased my unit sizes)

There will be countless people screaming "this is a trap line, take BOS +2.5" but I'm not reading into it. I like CHI -2.5, and if it doesn't come in, I move on to the next day.

Have you got any leans?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    I know. I can't get used to them. I think it is set so low that Vegas is waiting for people to start saying "it's set so low it must be a trap - TAKE THE UNDER". I think it's set so low that the over may very well be the play. My betting style is not to read too much into traps and trends, but more to judge each line on its' own merits. If I was making a play on it, I would take the over. Having said that, I have one play for tomorrow, and that is CHI -2.5 for my biggest wager of the season. (1. because I like the line and 2. because I've won a fair amount in the last two weeks that I have increased my unit sizes) There will be countless people screaming "this is a trap line, take BOS +2.5" but I'm not reading into it. I like CHI -2.5, and if it doesn't come in, I move on to the next day. Have you got any leans?
    is it possible that neither line is a trap and both are set pretty accurately? i think a lot of people, not saying you at all, read too far into trap/lock...some of these lines are just right on right?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Not sure if it is a trap or not. But Bulls, Lakers, and Heat will always have overinflated lines because the books know that the public will pound them no matter what.

I mean lets be honest, the Lakers could be -8 and I'm sure 70% would still be on LA. Same goes for Heat and Bulls.

Mocknroll

I agree that the line is set fairly accurately. The Rose unknown factor is going to keep it close. This will be seen as the square side, but it's the side I would prefer my money on.

I guess we'll see how it all pans out. It will be a good game that's for sure.

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF you want an accurate w/l recoord. Always post the odds. Because what you are doing now raises a lot off question. Because in hindsight you can change the winning and losing bets odds to make your record look better.

Mocknroll

CHI @ BOS - CHI -2.5 (x5)

My biggest play for the season. Let's see how we go.

Best of luck to everyone. Unless of course you're backing the Celtics. Haha.

Mocknroll

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    IF you want an accurate w/l recoord. Always post the odds. Because what you are doing now raises a lot off question. Because in hindsight you can change the winning and losing bets odds to make your record look better.
    OK.

I dont know how to express this in American terms, but the above bet is @ $1.92. Whether that makes it -105 or -108 I am not completely sure. If anyone can clarify that would be appreciated.

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    OK.

I dont know how to express this in American terms, but the above bet is @ $1.92. Whether that makes it -105 or -108 I am not completely sure. If anyone can clarify that would be appreciated.
    if you use decimal or american odds does not matter. As long as you post the odds. I am telling you know since people will doubt you as soon as you have a decent record

you can use this site for odds converting. But i would just post the exact odds you get with your bookie.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-25-14 at 09:34 AM.

Mocknroll

Excellent.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mocknroll

Quote Originally Posted by mocknroll View Post
    chi @ bos - chi -2.5 (x5)
    4-5 -0.8

First 12