Why are you taking the Lakers tonight?

Just curious.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Is it because Mike Brown is better than Doc Rivers or is it because the Lakers are such an awesome road team?

Just curious....

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think their road troubles are nothing but an anomaly. People are making too big of an adjustment for it. As the season progresses, their road record will round out. A lot of those road losses have been against some pretty strong teams, and some of them without any rest. People are also discounting Kobe a bit too much. He hasn't been on the top of his game, but I don't think that's permanent. He still has game left in him. It's just a slow spell. As for the Celtics, take a look at some of those home wins. The Wizards? The Nets? The Raptors? These aren't big wins over strong teams to be proud of. Hell, they lost to the Cavaliers at home coming off of rest on a low-scoring game! I'm just not seeing what everyone else is seeing in them. That's not to say that they're no good. Hardly. I just think they're about on par with the Lakers. I see it as a toss-up, so the Lakers getting 3.5 points is good enough for me. But I've been wrong plenty of times before.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    I think their road troubles are nothing but an anomaly. People are making too big of an adjustment for it. As the season progresses, their road record will round out. A lot of those road losses have been against some pretty strong teams, and some of them without any rest. People are also discounting Kobe a bit too much. He hasn't been on the top of his game, but I don't think that's permanent. He still has game left in him. It's just a slow spell. As for the Celtics, take a look at some of those home wins. The Wizards? The Nets? The Raptors? These aren't big wins over strong teams to be proud of. Hell, they lost to the Cavaliers at home coming off of rest on a low-scoring game! I'm just not seeing what everyone else is seeing in them. That's not to say that they're no good. Hardly. I just think they're about on par with the Lakers. I see it as a toss-up, so the Lakers getting 3.5 points is good enough for me. But I've been wrong plenty of times before.
    As least you have some reasons. I can respect that.

If it really is a toss up like you say, I would take the team that's at home and has the better coach.

If you want to talk about teams the Celtics beat at home and say they are weak wins, lets talk about teams the Lakers lost to on the road.

Kings
    Denver
    Portland
    Clippers
    Heat
    Magic
    Pacers
    Bucks

If the Magic, Bucks, and Kings can beat LA by double digits at home, I think there is a realist possibility that the Celtics could cover 3 at home. They get a pass for losing to the Heat, Clippers, and Portland but they've pretty much lost everyone on the road so anyway.....

GL tonight.

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Lakers are the second best rebounding team in the league, Celts are second worst. I think this discrepancy will be even further pronounced in a slow tempo game which both teams are likely to play. Lakers due for a bounce back road win and the inconsistent Celts are due for a loss after a making a run themselves and slapping around some weaker teams. The Celtics just aren't very good this year.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by rdkjglsk View Post
    Lakers are the second best rebounding team in the league, Celts are second worst. I think this discrepancy will be even further pronounced in a slow tempo game which both teams are likely to play. Lakers due for a bounce back road win and the inconsistent Celts are due for a loss after a making a run themselves and slapping around some weaker teams. The Celtics just aren't very good this year.
    Good Points.

You say the Celtics aren't very good this year but they have a better record than the 14-11 Lakers. Maybe the Lakers aren't very good this year seeing as how they have no bench.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i doubt the lakers will win this game, if the will win this one the line should be shorter like a -2 for the celtics

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    i doubt the lakers will win this game, if the will win this one the line should be shorter like a -2 for the celtics
    I don't think it works that way.

I have Lakers +4 for the record, not ML

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Because I want to lose

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by rdkjglsk View Post
    I don't think it works that way.

I have Lakers +4 for the record, not ML
    i was expecting a lower line if the lakers will win, i would have taken the lakers if the line was +2, but they were given +3.5 so i just pass

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because 3.5 is too much to give and the Lakers win match-up wise except for the PG position.