zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chauncey out for season

As expected. Gotta feel for him, terrible break.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

That really sucks. Curse of the Clippers.

zsr

Yep, even worse all they have is the vets minimum so jr smith is out of the question. Arenas is working out in LA this week so maybe him? Who knows. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Clippers curse for sure. I didnt even acknowledge what happened last night and acted like it never happened, but that didnt work.

But it isnt inconceivable that Smith might come. I am not convinced they need him anyway since theyre already loaded at guard, but it now makes the need to inactivate someone for Martin moot. Although they did waive Jones as I predicted. So with 14 guys and Billups hurt they still have a lot of options, so it isnt 'life threatening'. But it does suck.

Thing is Billups might actually be done for good, at least at a high level. Achilles problems are bad, and at his age and missing a year he will have a rough time coming back.

Obviously losing him hurts in experience but they can still almost absorb it with the guys they have. Smith for the vet minimum would be a nice get, and I wouldnt count it out.

Agent Zero is just that a zero, he isnt worth the hassle, let the lakers have that trash. I would say odds of Smith coming to Clippers around 60/40.

zsr

To me though, JR smith doesn't seem like the guy to go anywhere for less money. In this case significantly less money. I'd say it's more like 20/80. Someone will give him at least the 2.5 exception.

Gilbert got the knee procedure Kobe got, he's at least worth a look. Maybe they just ride it out and see if Bledsoe can make an impact.

BTW you predicted Brian cook would be cut, you said Solomon jones will play backup center with Kenyon.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-07-12 at 05:50 PM.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I'm telling you it's not death. It's not good and I'd rather have Chauncy, but Mo Williams needs minutes the way he's playing. They have decent depth in the back court.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    To me though, JR smith doesn't seem like the guy to go anywhere for less money. In this case significantly less money. I'd say it's more like 20/80. Someone will give him at least the 2.5 exception.

Gilbert got the knee procedure Kobe got, he's at least worth a look. Maybe they just ride it out and see if Bledsoe can make an impact.

BTW you predicted Brian cook would be cut, you said Solomon jones will play backup center with Kenyon.
    yeah maybe I did say cook would go first depending on contracts. I figured Jones would have been next.

Smith, hard saying. If he is looking long term Clippers are the team. Like Is aid I wasnt sold on either one of them but now with the injury and the moves Clippers have made the past week then its worth a shot.

Like I say I dont think they have an absolute need for a guard. Williams, Foye and Bledsoe arent chopped liver. Obviously Bledsoe still a question mark. What it changes though is those 3 guard sets Clips liked to run with. That young kid they have Leslie has shown a few moments. Obviously he isnt going to be a big part of the rotation but I think he can be serviceable in a pinch. He is mostly a defensive guy anyway which is really what you need as you have clear scorers already.

They still obviously have enough to win their conference, that is like the free bingo card what moves they make going forward will seal how deep they go in the play offs.