boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

wow...dude who called it by saying GS would lose by freethrows...great call.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

And the Thunder Rolls!....or pushes lol.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

GS was still the right play IMO. They just don't know how to execute down the stretch. Marc Jackson's coaching is absolutely horrible. As to why he decides to go away from Monta for stretches when he is having a career night is mind blowing.

Monta pick and roll with David Lee was money all game. But he decides to go away from it late in the game

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

actually it seems that okc was the right play, unless you like losing of course...

Intwoition
    Intwoition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

I still love you BW. Post early tomorrow- with provisions (e.g. this bet is valid unless...the entire NJN team is injured) etc

gogo BW

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

ITS HIP TO BE SQUARE!!!!!!! THUNDERUP!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Refs won another game for OKC. Hard to win bet's 5 on 8. Have to rethink fading the Thunder when they're getting timely calls, night after night.

Intwoition

David Lee just took a sip of Gatorade...FOUL!!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    GS was still the right play IMO.
    Then you go on to say this.

They just don't know how to execute down the stretch. Marc Jackson's coaching is absolutely horrible.
    That is exactly why they weren't the right play imo.

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

GS was still the right play IMO. They just don't know how to execute down the stretch. Marc Jackson's coaching is absolutely horrible. As to why he decides to go away from Montae for stretches when he is having a career night is mind blowing.
    Not the right play when coach is part of the team.

I agree with you that the coach is horrible, its the reason I have not played GS all all year even if BW endorsed. They can't be relied on to protect a lead. Sometimes they do but more than likely they don't. They would be awesome if they can stay focused and composed though.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Quote Originally Posted by jihadvillager View Post

so glad i got GSW +6 from my local.

m11chen
    m11chen's Avatar Become A Pro!

GS was still the right play IMO. They just don't know how to execute down the stretch. Marc Jackson's coaching is absolutely horrible. As to why he decides to go away from Montae for stretches when he is having a career night is mind blowing.
    Uhhhh... aren't these facts to consider being betting GSW. You can't say it's the right play, and then right after say they can't execute down the stretch. I rarely disagree with BW, as he's pretty damn good, but Thunder was the right play here, as they're the MUCH BETTER team regardless of home/away/rest/b2b and the spread was short. Warriors only kept it close as the entire team was just in a shooting zone.

Monta can't do it alone, otherwise you end up with him getting triple teamed and Monta throwing up bricks. That's how the Lakers choke away most 4Q's.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I'll take okc over Golden State anyday!

Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Yes okc baby

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I just sent that referee 2 betpoints for calling that 5th foul on David Lee.

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everything going against Golden State and they still had a great chance to cover. Biedrins and Lee foul trouble, Refs all over them, Marc Jackson with that terrible play call down 1, and Scotty Brooks extending the game with a chance to run the clock down for the last shot down 1. We were right to be on GState...any other night would be a win instead of push or close loss.

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

Quote Originally Posted by m11chen View Post
    Uhhhh... aren't these facts to consider being betting GSW. You can't say it's the right play, and then right after say they can't execute down the stretch. I rarely disagree with BW, as he's pretty damn good, but Thunder was the right play here, as they're the MUCH BETTER team regardless of home/away/rest/b2b and the spread was short. Warriors only kept it close as the entire team was just in a shooting zone. Monta can't do it alone, otherwise you end up with him getting triple teamed and Monta throwing up bricks. That's how the Lakers choke away most 4Q's.
    It also helps they play GS

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!

GS was still the right play IMO. They just don't know how to execute down the stretch. Marc Jackson's coaching is absolutely horrible. As to why he decides to go away from Monta for stretches when he is having a career night is mind blowing.

Monta pick and roll with David Lee was money all game. But he decides to go away from it late in the game
    how can you honestly say gs was the right play when they lost? the right play is whoever wins you your bet and you clearly lost which we all noted the forum would get buried

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Once again squares are lucky but i didnt get to bet this game. Today they are happy for awhile. Tomorrow return the cash to vegas.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    And the Thunder Rolls!....or pushes lol.
    push

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    how can you honestly say gs was the right play when they lost? the right play is whoever wins you your bet and you clearly lost which we all noted the forum would get buried
    Right plays lose all the time in betting. So are you saying that Orlando was the right play a couple of weeks ago when they backdoor covered Phili?

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Right plays lose all the time in betting. So are you saying that Orlando was the right play a couple of weeks ago when they backdoor covered Phili?

Right plays don't lose more than 25% of time.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!

youre a moron man. quit while your ahead. right plays are the ones that win...

m11chen

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    Once again squares are lucky but i didnt get to bet this game. Today they are happy for awhile. Tomorrow return the cash to vegas.
    LOL, BW is defn sharp, or at least on his game. But most of these so called "sharps" lurking here have no clue, and think anything against the public, has RLM, etc is automatically "sharp".

Just because BW lost a bet doesn't make him any worse of a capper, and just because the public side won a bet doesn't mean it wasn't the right side.

I bet most of these dudes would look at '96 Bulls b2b2b @ D-League Team 3 days rest, and end up taking the D-League Team since it "MUST BE SHARP"!

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

Quote Originally Posted by monologue View Post
    shut the f**k up, BW is right
    you mad brah?

Intwoition

m11chen nailed it. Love BW. I had the Thunder in this game, and I won. I should have lost/won/pushed - the game was a coin flip. BW's record speaks for itself. Love my win, but love BW more.

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Intwoition View Post
    m11chen nailed it. Love BW. I had the Thunder in this game, and I won. I should have lost/won/pushed - the game was a coin flip. BW's record speaks for itself. Love my win, but love BW more.
    True. Much respect bettingwizard,you called a very close game that easily could of went your way.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

People can be on the right side all they want.

I like the winning side.

Speedy88

I'm not going to get in some pissing fight on the internet. If you actually think the right play always wins then your not worth talking to.

We'll get em next time BW.

jabro21
    jabro21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

yeah i have to agree with whoatommy, hard to say okc was clearly the right side. i mean, i took gs and i know i made a bad call when the the line is a coin toss with a few minutes to go, i was *hoping* it would be a 10-15 pt game by then and okc would either be dragging or not shooting such a good fg%. they looked tired during one of the gs runs, but i think rebounded cause of their offense. i was absolutely staggered by how well okc shot, it was incredible. they are not one bit phased by gs playing defense on them. i got hooked by all those variables working against okc in this spot, but this is the nba, you have to be careful. gs simply does not have the ability to contain okc, to a man. we saw it in the earlier matchup at oracle, and this was more of the same, cause gs does not evolve on defense, they just don't, been this way for a few years. tho i reeeeeally wish biedrins would not foul every single person he sees in an opposing jersey. even still, it took a freakin miracle for okc to cover this, but gs can't hang with okc, a point i knew, and it should have been a no play.

CallMeMrOMac

The right play wins 100% of the time.

Backdoor covers, blown calls, etc. are part of the game. It's nearly impossible to predict them. But they're part of what builds to the final score and making THE RIGHT PLAY.

Believe me, I know the pain of losing tons of SMART plays. They were smart, but not the RIGHT play.

Tonight, Thunder were the right play.

Just like the Orlando Magic against the 76ers. And the NY Giants Super Bowl. And that hideous hideous Memphis comeback on Denver. Unexpected and questionable endings that could have gone either way, but ultimately correct.

m11chen

If you actually think the right play always wins then your not worth talking to.
    I agree with you. The right play is the one with the +EV, regardless of the OUTCOME. If you're always on the "right" play, in the long run, you will win. It's a marathon, not a sprint. (Just my opinion that Thunder was +EV in this case).

Just like if you're playing poker, you can make the right play, but lose when a dude hits his 1 out on the river. Nothing you can do about it.

Speedy88

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320130020

Those Orlando backers sure were on the right side that night.

CallMeMrOMac

If they predicted Orlando would score within 7 points of the 76ers, they were. Fault the 76ers for not playing the same amount of D in the 4th, not the pick.

"Oh they were garbage time points"

Yes, this happens in the NBA.

I'm not faulting the intelligent 76ers home pick against a struggling ORL team. I took them for a unit, myself. But to claim they were the RIGHT pick makes no sense.

First 123 Last