wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers still highly over rated

Philly -4. Seriously?

Only way Lakers cover is to win SU odds of that are a lot more than the 8/5 or so books give them credit for.

This is also the smallest number, by quite a bit, Philly has had to lay at home. They were technically a dog to Mia so they didnt have to lay any poins there.

They have played several teams better than the Lakers, Chi +1.5 Won SU, Mia +2 Got blown out, Indiana(beat LA in LA) was +7 in Philly. Denver was +6, but Denver did win SU, Atl was +6.5.

So this game looks like you bite the bullet and take a shitty LA ML or just lay the 4. Either way betting the Lakers offers zero 'value' simply because they continue to be highly over rated.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Completely disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Philly -4. Seriously?

Only way Lakers cover is to win SU odds of that are a lot more than the 8/5 or so books give them credit for.

This is also the smallest number, by quite a bit, Philly has had to lay at home. They were technically a dog to Mia so they didnt have to lay any poins there.

They have played several teams better than the Lakers, Chi +1.5 Won SU, Mia +2 Got blown out, Indiana(beat LA in LA) was +7 in Philly. Denver was +6, but Denver did win SU, Atl was +6.5.

So this game looks like you bite the bullet and take a shitty LA ML or just lay the 4. Either way betting the Lakers offers zero 'value' simply because they continue to be highly over rated.
    I think this line is spot on.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Copy & Paste:

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zsr
    this "wantitall" guys unreal.

First he posts he used to have lakers season tickets, in his next thread it was he used to have clipper season tickets.

Next, the lakers will be in the lottery. Then, nvm they'll get swept in the first round.

Then, even though the attendance numbers are off the charts as usual, he says it's all a lie and he knows the true attendance and the arena is only half full

Then, the lakers have been just a perennial .500 team and nothing more.

Next, he's smarter then all general managers.

Now he's in another thread talking about how much money he's made sports betting

You can't make this stuff up. he predicted the Lakers would go 24-42

And also how he said Kobe has sucked for 16 yrs & all he does is "throw UP sh#t & it goes in."
    ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by william walters View Post
    copy & paste:

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____________
    quote:
    Originally posted by zsr
    this "wantitall" guys unreal.

First he posts he used to have lakers season tickets, in his next thread it was he used to have clipper season tickets.

Next, the lakers will be in the lottery. Then, nvm they'll get swept in the first round.

Then, even though the attendance numbers are off the charts as usual, he says it's all a lie and he knows the true attendance and the arena is only half full

then, the lakers have been just a perennial .500 team and nothing more.

Next, he's smarter then all general managers.

Now he's in another thread talking about how much money he's made sports betting

you can't make this stuff up. He predicted the lakers would go 24-42

and also how he said kobe has sucked for 16 yrs & all he does is "throw up sh#t & it goes in."
    ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________

lolol

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Some posters just love typing a bunch of shit while saying anything.

wantitall4moi

considering Lakers are 8-16 or 9-15 ATS depending on when you got in, I would say theyre highly over rated so far.

The sign of an over rated team is when they win SU and still dont cover. Sort of a moot point here as lakers are dogs, but also like I say the chances of them 'covering' 4 (losing by 1 2 or 3) are highly improbable. So best shot with them is ML or nothing. Considering everything -4 on Philly is a great number. The 'real' number should probably have been 6 or 6.5.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

considering Lakers are 8-16 or 9-15 ATS depending on when you got in, I would say theyre highly over rated so far.

The sign of an over rated team is when they win SU and still dont cover. Sort of a moot point here as lakers are dogs, but also like I say the chances of them 'covering' 4 (losing by 1 2 or 3) are highly improbable. So best shot with them is ML or nothing. Considering everything -4 on Philly is a great number. The 'real' number should probably have been 6 or 6.5.
    This is about as dumb of a statement that can possibly be made by someone who claims he does this profitably. You might want to actually consider the prices when making decisions such as +4 or ml.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

to be fair, Philly is quite overrated as well

Beating a bunch of shit teams at home, and the only notable victory was the bulls with Deng out and Rose with the flu (even collins admitted to the fact Rose looked spent in the 2nd half of that game from his chair), and haven't beaten any good teams on the road sans ATL who played just as poorly and lackadaisical in their last home game vs MEM...

makes Philly quite overrated as well. Nice team, but they are not a "great" team as I've heard from people all of a sudden. They are still a couple of years away from truly contending and being a great team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lets see what Phila shows us tonight
    If they lose then they might be overrated
    Phila did have a big win on road other night

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Elton Brand out.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    This is about as dumb of a statement that can possibly be made by someone who claims he does this profitably. You might want to actually consider the prices when making decisions such as +4 or ml.
    Both are bad. Brand out explains it though. Lakers should be +200 at least on the road against just about any team. A team like Philly they should probably be +225 making Philly about -250. Thats at least -6. One could say given Lakers horrid road record +275 wouldnt be too much against a really good team. Thats around 6.5 or so. So ANY number on the Lakers at less thn +200 ML or I would say at best 5.5 is a 'bad' number to take.

But considering Lakers were only +5.5 against Miami it just shows how theyre completely and utterly over rated. People still betting them like is 2001 and they have Phil and Shaq still. So books have to keep putting up dumb lines on them.

Lakers have 14 wins, how many of those wins were 'impressive'? I would say none of them. Other than maybe beating up on a horrible Bobcats teams. Other than that every win they have gotten be it a 'good' win or just a win have been unimpressive and against the 'quality' teams could have really gone either way. They have yet to come close to a 'statement' game that says "we are still good and can dominate any team in the league if we want to". Far from it.

I'll give them a LITTLE credit for winning a couple games I didnt think they could but those wins were by no means in a manner that makes me think the Lakers are a legit team. So therefore against teams that are better than them, like Philly you have to think they will lose. Now when we get to Boston and NY that is a different sorry. Theyre probably on par with those two teams. Home game makes Celts and Knick favored, but LA might steal one of them. They may have even been a fav at Knicks if not for the back to back angle. Stil might end up that way if enough deluded people bet them.

In the long run this is going to be a good game to watch and then see what appenes at half time. Philly has owned teams in the 3rd quarter this year. If lakers have their typical 3rd quarter slump that quarter alone will be enough to have them get blown out.

A 3rd quarter with a score like 28-8 Philly wouldnt be that surprising.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

La fakers ml +165....

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

wantitall, start a thread and track your record

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Both are bad. Brand out explains it though. Lakers should be +200 at least on the road against just about any team. A team like Philly they should probably be +225 making Philly about -250. Thats at least -6. One could say given Lakers horrid road record +275 wouldnt be too much against a really good team. Thats around 6.5 or so. So ANY number on the Lakers at less thn +200 ML or I would say at best 5.5 is a 'bad' number to take.

But considering Lakers were only +5.5 against Miami it just shows how theyre completely and utterly over rated. People still betting them like is 2001 and they have Phil and Shaq still. So books have to keep putting up dumb lines on them.

Lakers have 14 wins, how many of those wins were 'impressive'? I would say none of them. Other than maybe beating up on a horrible Bobcats teams. Other than that every win they have gotten be it a 'good' win or just a win have been unimpressive and against the 'quality' teams could have really gone either way. They have yet to come close to a 'statement' game that says "we are still good and can dominate any team in the league if we want to". Far from it.

I'll give them a LITTLE credit for winning a couple games I didnt think they could but those wins were by no means in a manner that makes me think the Lakers are a legit team. So therefore against teams that are better than them, like Philly you have to think they will lose. Now when we get to Boston and NY that is a different sorry. Theyre probably on par with those two teams. Home game makes Celts and Knick favored, but LA might steal one of them. They may have even been a fav at Knicks if not for the back to back angle. Stil might end up that way if enough deluded people bet them.

In the long run this is going to be a good game to watch and then see what appenes at half time. Philly has owned teams in the 3rd quarter this year. If lakers have their typical 3rd quarter slump that quarter alone will be enough to have them get blown out.

A 3rd quarter with a score like 28-8 Philly wouldnt be that surprising.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Simple math is simple. What are the Laker on the road SU? What would their odds have to be to break even?

I'll answer it for you just in case you dont have access.

Lakers are 3-8 SU and 3-8 ATS, ironically (not really) the only games they have 'covered' they won SU.

So if you were betting Lakers at anything less than +267 youd be behind. Thats for all games. But one of those games they won on the road they were actually favored. -125 I believe. So betting Lakers ML for 100 per game you would actually be down around 460 bucks right now. More if you were laying the odds to win 100 the times they were favored on the road and lost.

wantitall4moi

well I dont have to worry about guys bumping this thread, more free money, thats like 10-2 betting against lakers this season. Not bad for someone who hasnt bet the NBA in a decade.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

well I dont have to worry about guys bumping this thread, more free money, thats like 10-2 betting against lakers this season. Not bad for someone who hasnt bet the NBA in a decade.
    I love fading LA on the road. Took Sixers -4.5 and Sixers -4 2H. That line 2H line begged for people to take LA

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i took sixers -4 good job sixers!!

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Fakeshow

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Honestly thought us Sixers backers were going to get screwed when Iguodala missed those 2 FT's with just seconds left. Wasn't he the same guy who missed FT's at the end of the Orlando game which led to an ORL backdoor cover?

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Honestly thought us Sixers backers were going to get screwed when Iguodala missed those 2 FT's with just seconds left. Wasn't he the same guy who missed FT's at the end of the Orlando game which led to an ORL backdoor cover?
    Yeah, he missed it also. LOL

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

iggy showed kobe who is boss... switched over to shut him down after kobe went off for 24 points in the first 20 minutes... 2 for 12 for 4 points and 4 turnovers the final 28

wantitall4moi

yeah I wasnt chirping with 2 missed free throws, but luckily kobe took the last shot and sealed it.