YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

bw always tail dogs at home when the home team is missing star player(s).

the public always wager the fav hard in this situation.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Ye Ye

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    bw always tail dogs at home when the home team is missing star player(s).

the public always wager the fav hard in this situation.

Understood, but this line was made without knowing Morrow would be out. On this team, he is the 2nd go to guy after Deron. Morrow went for over 40 points one night last week. I just don't think the Nets can compete - 9 healthy bodies tonight.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Awesome! Keep the negativity coming..

We're right on track

PR9

Consciousness >>

jjearkwein
    jjearkwein's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the 1st time ill be able to follow BW on a bet because he posted early, yet it scares the shit out of me....

BOL

jjearkwein
    jjearkwein's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the 1st time ill be able to follow BW on a bet because he posted early, yet it scares the shit out of me....

BOL

loungee
    loungee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Quote Originally Posted by TheSituation559 View Post

Second best player back on the team first game? I think I know my play. Thanks BW
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Teams have struggled in their first game when getting key players back
    As one or two have already corrected, this is not Deng's first game back, nor are the Bulls remotely as good on defense on the road then at home. They're not interested in playing defense right now, on the road, in the middle of a 9 game road trip (in 14 or 15 days I believe). I live in Chicago, know the Bulls front and back, and the facts are the facts on the road foe the Bulls. Instead of ripping or putting down a capper, get your facts straight people. C'mon now.. common sense.

aread1
    aread1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nets against stiff competition at home have not fared well. OKC beat them by 10 and covered, Miami beat them by 11 and covered, Indiana beat them by 14 and covered, Atlanta beat them by 36 and covered. Only good cover they have at home was against Atlanta and they only covered by 0.5 point losing 106-101 and they were +5.5. In that one NJ home cover though they had Anthony Morrow and Marshawn Brooks who combined for 39 points that night, neither will play tonight. Also, Nets shot 50% 3's in that game which was a bit of variance as they shoot 31% 3's at home this year.
    Last edited by aread1; 02-06-12 at 10:44 AM.

aread1

Quote Originally Posted by loungee View Post

As one or two have already corrected, this is not Deng's first game back, nor are the Bulls remotely as good on defense on the road then at home. They're not interested in playing defense right now, on the road, in the middle of a 9 game road trip (in 14 or 15 days I believe). I live in Chicago, know the Bulls front and back, and the facts are the facts on the road foe the Bulls. Instead of ripping or putting down a capper, get your facts straight people. C'mon now.. common sense.
    The Bulls may not be as good on defense on the road but will that really matter against the Nets who average 92ppg and will be without Morrow and Brooks who combined give them 28ppg?

You also have to look at the facts of Bulls against poor teams this year on the road. They beat Milwaukee by 23, beat Washington by 10, beat Cleveland by 39, beat Minnesota by 11, beat Detroit by 16 beat Sacramento by 10. Only game they didn't cover against a bad team was @GS but the Warriors are actually awlays a tough beat at home and the Bulls were coming off a emotional win @LAL on Christmas day.

monologue
    monologue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Quote Originally Posted by aread1 View Post
    The Bulls may not be as good on defense on the road but will that really matter against the Nets who average 92ppg and will be without Morrow and Brooks who combined give them 28ppg?

You also have to look at the facts of Bulls against poor teams this year on the road. They beat Milwaukee by 23, beat Washington by 10, beat Cleveland by 39, beat Minnesota by 11, beat Detroit by 16 beat Sacramento by 10. Only game they didn't cover against a bad team was @GS but the Warriors are actually awlays a tough beat at home and the Bulls were coming off a emotional win @LAL on Christmas day.
    That's why chicago will not cover tonight
    You are squared, people are squared,

Nets

nbafanatic2012
    nbafanatic2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

celticsboy
    celticsboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

loungee

Although I completely respect and get where you're coming from, there are a few points your missing:
    -This was the same MIL team the Bulls both only beat by 7 but also gave up 100+ points to at home, where they play a whole lot better.
    - The reason why the blew MIL out on the road was because of the crowd. It was 90% Bulls fans, which the players fed off of. Plays have been quoted, saying the reason they came out and dominated was because of the energy they got, feeding off the crowd. A home game packed with Bulls fans is normal, but having a dominating Bulls crowd on the road, for any team foe that matter, will get them amped and psyched.
    - As I said, they're playing their 6th consecutive road game. Are they really gonna get up for NJN, NO, and CHA? I don't see it. I've been wrong in the past. Yes, Rose loves these matchups against premier point guards, but Deng isn't 100%, and actually starting to look like a game time decision, which is how it will be all year until surgery.

aread1

Although I completely respect and get where you're coming from, there are a few points your missing:
    -This was the same MIL team the Bulls both only beat by 7 but also gave up 100+ points to at home, where they play a whole lot better.
    - The reason why the blew MIL out on the road was because of the crowd. It was 90% Bulls fans, which the players fed off of. Plays have been quoted, saying the reason they came out and dominated was because of the energy they got, feeding off the crowd. A home game packed with Bulls fans is normal, but having a dominating Bulls crowd on the road, for any team foe that matter, will get them amped and psyched.
    - As I said, they're playing their 6th consecutive road game. Are they really gonna get up for NJN, NO, and CHA? I don't see it. I've been wrong in the past. Yes, Rose loves these matchups against premier point guards, but Deng isn't 100%, and actually starting to look like a game time decision, which is how it will be all year until surgery.
    Regardless Chicago beat a Milwaukee team that that plays very good at home is a lot better than a injury plagued Nets team. The real question is will the Nets care? They just got beat by the lowly Pistons and their season is all but over. I actually do think Chicago will get up for these games because they are trying to build team chemistry with Deng finally back. Chicago recently had a 3-3 stretch so they want to get back on a long winning streak. Not sure where you see Deng as game time decision, I found this from rotoworld which is very reliable most of the time.

"Luol Deng (wrist) practiced fully on Sunday without incident. Deng played 41 minutes in his return on Saturday, and coach Tom Thibodeau said he'll play as many minutes as he can handle. Make sure he's in all active lineups." I doubt Thibodeau would play Deng 41 minutes if he wasn't close to 100%, Thibodeau is one of the best coaches in the NBA.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

If the Bulls are so stacked and the Nets so short-handed, why is the line only 9?

loungee

Regardless Chicago beat a Milwaukee team that that plays very good at home is a lot better than a injury plagued Nets team. The real question is will the Nets care? They just got beat by the lowly Pistons and their season is all but over. I actually do think Chicago will get up for these games because they are trying to build team chemistry with Deng finally back. Chicago recently had a 3-3 stretch so they want to get back on a long winning streak. Not sure where you see Deng as game time decision, I found this from rotoworld which is very reliable most of the time.

"Luol Deng (wrist) practiced fully on Sunday without incident. Deng played 41 minutes in his return on Saturday, and coach Tom Thibodeau said he'll play as many minutes as he can handle. Make sure he's in all active lineups." I doubt Thibodeau would play Deng 41 minutes if he wasn't close to 100%, Thibodeau is one of the best coaches in the NBA.
    Thibs is going to play 41 mins a game aslong as he can walk. Deng wont tell coach Thibs he wants out because coach will see this as a sign of weakness and Deng wouldn't see the court the rest of the night. When he finally did get out of the MIL game, he basically collasped in exhaustion because he's not a 100%, neither with the wrist or with conditioning. Thibs is a great coach and all, but a lot of Chicago area writers, reporters and fans think he's a bit nuts as well. Why is Rose, Deng and Noah playing up 25 against MIL with 3 mins left in the game, risky injury to any number of their key players with a dully capable bench? He's smart, aggressive and important to the Bulls success but he might end up running these players into the ground. All the info about Deng, him collapsing, etc. was from Nick Friedell, Bulls writer and reporter, on ESPN1000 in Chicago. Don't underestimate Thibs, and his want to run those starters out there regardless, 100% or not. You seem smart enough at capping and educated enough about basketball, so I don't think I need to say it, but I will for argument sake: don't hinge you're bet on the idea that Thibs wouldn't put Deng out there for 40+ mins if he wasn't 100%. Cause he will. That's what drives the fans nuts around here. He's full sprint through a condensed schedule when he should be worrying about health for the playoffs. BOL to you either way you choose.

aread1

Thibs is going to play 41 mins a game aslong as he can walk. Deng wont tell coach Thibs he wants out because coach will see this as a sign of weakness and Deng wouldn't see the court the rest of the night. When he finally did get out of the MIL game, he basically collasped in exhaustion because he's not a 100%, neither with the wrist or with conditioning. Thibs is a great coach and all, but a lot of Chicago area writers, reporters and fans think he's a bit nuts as well. Why is Rose, Deng and Noah playing up 25 against MIL with 3 mins left in the game, risky injury to any number of their key players with a dully capable bench? He's smart, aggressive and important to the Bulls success but he might end up running these players into the ground. All the info about Deng, him collapsing, etc. was from Nick Friedell, Bulls writer and reporter, on ESPN1000 in Chicago. Don't underestimate Thibs, and his want to run those starters out there regardless, 100% or not. You seem smart enough at capping and educated enough about basketball, so I don't think I need to say it, but I will for argument sake: don't hinge you're bet on the idea that Thibs wouldn't put Deng out there for 40+ mins if he wasn't 100%. Cause he will. That's what drives the fans nuts around here. He's full sprint through a condensed schedule when he should be worrying about health for the playoffs. BOL to you either way you choose.
    I agree he shouldn't be playing his starters that much but at the end of the day it helps them covering these regular season spreads. It's much less likely for teams to get a back door cover when Rose and Deng are on the floor late in the 4th quarter.

aread1

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    If the Bulls are so stacked and the Nets so short-handed, why is the line only 9?
    A -9 road line is equivalent to Bulls being favored by 15+ points at home. This line is big.

loungee

I agree he shouldn't be playing his starters that much but at the end of the day it helps them covering these regular season spreads. It's much less likely for teams to get a back door cover when Rose and Deng are on the floor late in the 4th quarter.

A -9 road line is equivalent to Bulls being favored by 15+ points at home. This line is big.
    Agree on both accounts. We'll see how it ends up tonight. BOL

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Did it ever occur to any of you guys that after yesterday's massive SB payout, Vegas is going to want to hit the public hard today??

loungee

Thats why I'm fading the public in the majority of my plays. That aspect definetly has to be taken into account. At least for me it did.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Did it ever occur to any of you guys that after yesterday's massive SB payout, Vegas is going to want to hit the public hard today??
    Because Vegas knows the outcomes to games ahead of time, right?

Thats why I'm fading the public in the majority of my plays. That aspect definetly has to be taken into account. At least for me it did.
    Never again for me. I lost wagers on NE because I thought it would be wise to fade the public. I should have gone with my gut/instinct.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    they can predict them better than almost anyone, certainly better than you or me.

TheSituation559
    TheSituation559's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never again for me. I lost wagers on NE because I thought it would be wise to fade the public. I should have gone with my gut/instinct.
    Pats could have easily covered. That Safety ****** everything up being up 17-9 is a lot different from 17-7.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

5dimes has the line @ nets +9.5 now. May wait to see if it hits +10 before betting.
    Last edited by boondoggle; 02-06-12 at 03:39 PM.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Beware of the wounded dog.........NJ 19-8 ATS versus Chicago last 27 games and 20-7 straight up. Certainly rosters change as well as coaches and levels of talent, but it appears that NJ has some confidence when playing Chicago. Betting Wizard has given out many winners the past 45 days......no reason to question his plays. Just ride with him.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

+9.5 at BI , would be nice if it hits +10

PR9

Nets will don their ABA NY uniforms for tonight's festivities ;-)

YouHave2outs

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Brah it was like 55 to 45%. Wasnt really a public to fade

YouHave2outs

this just in. today is HUMP's 27th birthday. i'm being serious

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

As a Bulls fan the Nets have always seemed to stomp the Bulls in NJ recently. I'm riding with BW again.

bbhcf
    bbhcf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Don't like this at all. I think today's the day we find out BW is a human after all.

YouHave2outs

First 12345 Last